Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Should knock downs count towards your chin ratings.
Yes 28 52.83%
No- only if you get knocked out as well 25 47.17%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 02-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Syf
KO Artist

Rep Power: 21 Syf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,846,009,095,625.18
Total Points: 1,846,009,132,487.57
WAR Maidana! - LoadedWraps The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps For ownage and all the great post in the Maidan/Floyd thread - Dinamita 03 

I think you are skewing the argument to an agenda. Ali had a GREAT chin. Very good, my ass.

Take a fight like Rios vs Alvarado. Are you saying, because Alvarado was stopped, that he has a bad chin? Or james toney. Is james toney a weak chin because rjj fly hooked him? People are human.. If they get hit with a good shot in the right spot, they will go down. Many people who get credit for having a good chin like mw, only do so from defense and movement. They take less shots. Margarito is said to be a 10 chin but mosley cracked it right down the middle. Why? From repeated bombs right on the button.

The answer is, it depends on what punches are being thrown, what weight class, how much punishment the fighter is receiving, whether they are a defensive or offensive style, and some intangibles.

There is no yes or no answer to this question, and certain language you have used leads me to believe you are skewing.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Skittlez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Skittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 195,150.25
No Message - Fire and Fear one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. Where is Tiger??????? - mathed tiger uppercut! - joesaiditstrue No woner you're in the red. Now go fuck yourself in the ass - RossCA 
Name it Lennox - dan_cov Worst poster since Frank Sucketts - dan_cov biased - happyman hate troll - waste of space - Simurgh For the most stupid yet entertaining poster around! Enjoy! - Simurgh 
youre actually not a bad poster, i just find it funny how many kick me's you have. you dont deserve them imo - happyman deserves a kick for constant trolling and alts - I'm so sorry people want to kick you - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. Top 10 p4p NSB/ESB ATG - ArtThouFurious? 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syf View Post
I think you are skewing the argument to an agenda. Ali had a GREAT chin. Very good, my ass.

Take a fight like Rios vs Alvarado. Are you saying, because Alvarado was stopped, that he has a bad chin? Or james toney. Is james toney a weak chin because rjj fly hooked him? People are human.. If they get hit with a good shot in the right spot, they will go down. Many people who get credit for having a good chin like mw, only do so from defense and movement. They take less shots. Margarito is said to be a 10 chin but mosley cracked it right down the middle. Why? From repeated bombs right on the button.

The answer is, it depends on what punches are being thrown, what weight class, how much punishment the fighter is receiving, whether they are a defensive or offensive style, and some intangibles.

There is no yes or no answer to this question, and certain language you have used leads me to believe you are skewing.

Who the hell said he had a bad chin?

So many of you are extremists.

It's either GREAT CHIN or GLASS.. There is a lot of in betweens.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:25 PM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,100,112,414.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syf View Post
Trust me, this is part of that agenda:

Old 02-02-2013, 01:27 PM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,100,112,414.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Vitali was knocked out cold once.. and knocked down once.

Lennox Lewis was knocked out once and knocked down once.

Lennox Lewis technically have a better chin than Vitali.

Lewis was never out COLD like Vitali was.. and his kd against Mccall is similar to Vitali's KD against Sanders. The difference is that Don King robbed Lewis.
I found 2 photos of Lewis on his back dazed and confused. These matchup with his 2 KO losses. You see I am looking for photos of vitali in a boxing ring on his back and google searched 5 billion images and came up with none. I also checked vitali's boxing record for KO losses and cant seem to find any.... .

Lewis got that glass chin.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Skittlez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Skittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Fire and Fear one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. Where is Tiger??????? - mathed tiger uppercut! - joesaiditstrue No woner you're in the red. Now go fuck yourself in the ass - RossCA 
Name it Lennox - dan_cov Worst poster since Frank Sucketts - dan_cov biased - happyman hate troll - waste of space - Simurgh For the most stupid yet entertaining poster around! Enjoy! - Simurgh 
youre actually not a bad poster, i just find it funny how many kick me's you have. you dont deserve them imo - happyman deserves a kick for constant trolling and alts - I'm so sorry people want to kick you - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. Top 10 p4p NSB/ESB ATG - ArtThouFurious? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by el*** View Post
I found 2 photos of Lewis on his back dazed and confused. These matchup with his 2 KO losses. You see I am looking for photos of vitali in a boxing ring on his back and google searched 5 billion images and came up with none. I also checked vitali's boxing record for KO losses and cant seem to find any.... .

Lewis got that glass chin.
Lewis was not confused against Mccall he was robbed.

# of Big Punchers Vitali fought:

Lews
Sanders
Peters
Briggs (CORPSE)

# of BIG Punchers Lennox Fought:
Tua
Ruddock
Grant
Rahman
Mccall
Vitali
Tyson
Golota
Mason
Morrison
Briggs(PRIME)
Bruno

............Why the hell is this topic about Vitali now anyways?

And i have no agenda...
Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 102,048,102,299.62
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Vitali was knocked out cold once.. and knocked down once.

Lennox Lewis was knocked out once and knocked down once.

Lennox Lewis technically have a better chin than Vitali.

Lewis was never out COLD like Vitali was.. and his kd against Mccall is similar to Vitali's KD against Sanders. The difference is that Don King robbed Lewis.
Vitali was never knocked out or even knocked down.. WTF?! at least that's easy to find out.
Lennox has a better chin than vitali?!?! WTF?!
Lennox's chin is not even in the same train with Vitali's....

I don't know what's going on with you. You have some quite good posts, but sometimes you surprise me with the incredible stupidity. Try to be cold headed when you write... (friendly advice).
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29 PM
- Righteous -
No easy way out

Rep Power: 36 - Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: -3,278,444,532,977,692.00
Total Points: -2,913,344,532,863,761.50
No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 
No Message - Pretty Boy32 thanks for your contribution to the thread - robson24 thank you UG - Ogecca MaMa Not Guilty - Own3d May luck be ever in your favor - Hyper Knuckles 
No Message - -jose- biggest wannabe on boxingscene. Wipe the sneeze from under your nose - Weltschmerz kick this wannabe alpha male - Weltschmerz delusional twat suck on this - Weltschmerz post your own picture, midget faqqot ass - Weltschmerz 
kick this retarded cretin - Weltschmerz what a legend - sugarsmosley I made out with this guy's mom. - AnnunakiJesus 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Gay and Lesbian Pride - SILVA Gay and Lesbian Pride - KirbyLovesTacos 

sometimes you get hit with a sledgehammer that no human being could possibly stand up to.

The perfect punch is based on a lot of factors. That's why it's called perfect.

nobody thought paul Williams could get knocked out like that and look what happened when he got hit with a perfect punch.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Skittlez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly_UG View Post
sometimes you get hit with a sledgehammer that no human being could possibly stand up to.

The perfect punch is based on a lot of factors. That's why it's called perfect.

nobody thought paul Williams could get knocked out like that and look what happened when he got hit with a perfect punch.
Paul Willaiams got a great chin.

But kd's do count towards your chin rating..
Old 03-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Skittlez
Banned

I'm sorry..

This thread was made back when I didn't know how to make Polls Public .

I wish I knew how back than so I can find out who said KD'S don't count towards chin ratings when they OBVIOUSLY DO
Old 03-02-2013, 02:55 AM
johnm is...
Bangin Jew Broads

Rep Power: 63 johnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,018,489,026,355,147.62
Total Points: 1,124,791,016,471,021.75
every post is championship quality,,,congrats on 1400 - jreckoning Excellent human being. - S a m u r a i Have another medal. - S a m u r a i And another superman. - S a m u r a i Last one for today. - S a m u r a i 
Last one for today.  Thanks for being such a great poster John. - Chief2ndzOnly! advice on Excel - siablo14 Thanks for the link. - bearman3000 Thank you so much, Cheers! - eddie_monster for good luck with your site - jazluvr 
Super poster. - dancovboxer Feliz Navidad - El Mustang No Message - Lazerjab thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 chea boy... - CASA DE COMBATE 
great post - -jose- 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Spray_resistant AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Hard Dick Childhood Cancer - Hard Dick Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Send a message via AIM to johnm is...

Seems like a lot of people are confusing having a good chin, with having the ability to recover.