Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 AM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,250,922.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MiZe View Post
Who's coming through now that is going to attract a large amount of people to the sport?

USA is failing in it's amateur boxing ambitions too, there is definitely a decline in the sport over there in terms of participants. You'll always have an audience because of the large Mexican population but I can't see it surpassing 50 million and remaining consistent.

Do you have any other figures for years previous? Anything from when Tyson was on the rise?
Well first of all if you don't know who the next stars are going to be at this stage then you aren't a boxing fan. So I'm assuming right now that you're just a troll who lingers around the forum trying to **** on the sport every chance he gets.

You have no reason to assume it won't pass 50 million. You clearly didn't know boxing grew to 50 million in your last post, now the moment you hear about it you're assuming it won't pass that? It grew consistently for over a decade and you think it's going to stop growing the moment YOU YOURSELF hear of it? Talk about trying desperately to spin a positive into a negative. You did zero research and just pulled that from your ass. ****, just going into 2013 boxing grew again by getting 3.4 million people to watch Adamek-Cunningham on NBC. Assuming GBP manage to get this super card they're planning together boxing will grow again in 2013.

Boxing was growing steadily for this entire decade when there was no expectation for growth. Now going into 2013 there are actual reasons to expect growth and you think it's going to decline? Especially now more than ever since the UFC is in a serious decline. Their business fell by 25% in 2011 and that decreased again in 2012.They also got badly exposed by their poor ratings on FOX.

Last edited by croz; 01-11-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,347,356,670,869.60
Total Points: 57,347,457,033,020.22
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Boxing is probably more popular at this moment in time, in a decade football will be bigger. Boxing isn't going to increase in popularity and will steadily decline whilst football has a big boom.
I'd highly disagree that Soccer is going to grow in America. Even with the amazing win in the WC and the US team showing signs of possibly getting better, it doesn't seem like there has been any added interest. Sure, ESPN now shows EPL but there really isn't a high demand for MLS and lets be honest, until there is major interest in American Soccer, Americans aren't going to care.

It seems that instead Boxing is actually growing with the big networks showing interest(CBS, NBC) and the sport doing pretty well. As a Boxing fan I'd say this is the most happy you should be in a long time for future growth. Not sure why you would think it would decline, or steadily decline for that matter.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,347,356,670,869.60
Total Points: 57,347,457,033,020.22
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
The Klitschkos killed American HW boxing. You'd be surprised how many people love soccer.
You really are the most ignorant poster on this website. I understand the trolls on this website get off to what they are doing but you, you actually believe the stupid sh1t that you spew on this website. It blows my mind that they haven't perma ban you.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
You really are the most ignorant poster on this website. I understand the trolls on this website get off to what they are doing but you, you actually believe the stupid sh1t that you spew on this website. It blows my mind that they haven't perma ban you.
The title of the thread should be: if you don't bother to think about it and use baseless assumption, which sport is more popular...?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 AM
D-MiZe
Iron lungs

Rep Power: 105 D-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 170,082,745,627,640.84
Total Points: 170,986,147,157,916.00
'cause it's going to piss pour! - *Boss Lady* for when I am around. ;) - *Boss Lady* Best chat up line in a gift and or message on Boxingscene. - *Boss Lady* Because you are just so charming. &lt;3333 - *Boss Lady* You haven't been around ... batteries are now dead. - *Boss Lady* 
I read your manual, changed the batteries and made a mess. Ooops :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Happy Easter babe :kiss: - Bossy 
25k Posts! :kiss: - Bossy For finishing 3rd in Season 2 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Keeping the &quot;Predictorship Challenge&quot; alive. - D4thincarnation The Predictorship Challenge Champion Season 3 - D4thincarnation Happy holidays bro! - led* 
have a safe and Happy New Years bro! :fing02: - jose830 don't get to comfortable with this around your neck, it's going to be taken. - TartanSoldier cause you have janes toney as an avy and cause i cant finish this 6 pack - AyoMaDu Some great posts - jas genius predictions! - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GetSumBrah Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Autism - The Scientist Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - siablo14 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - iBreakbeat 
Send a message via MSN to D-MiZe

Quote:
I'd highly disagree that Soccer is going to grow in America. Even with the amazing win in the WC and the US team showing signs of possibly getting better, it doesn't seem like there has been any added interest. Sure, ESPN now shows EPL but there really isn't a high demand for MLS and lets be honest, until there is major interest in American Soccer, Americans aren't going to care.

It seems that instead Boxing is actually growing with the big networks showing interest(CBS, NBC) and the sport doing pretty well. As a Boxing fan I'd say this is the most happy you should be in a long time for future growth. Not sure why you would think it would decline, or steadily decline for that matter.
Outside of TV deals, 'soccer' is quite popular with the younger generation, right?

What I'm saying is when they grow up they're going to be bringing that interest in the sport with them. There isn't a market as such for it in USA at the moment but that's the next big place to crack and there is a lot of money in it. Not to mention all the current invest which is going in to it and the MLS is finally attracting big names, even if it is in the twilight of their career. I'd be surprised if soccer didn't grow in America.

Where as boxing relies on a figure to transcend the sport to attract fans and there is a noticeable decline in the USA boxing. Whether the popularity of the sport is rising or declining, it wouldn't be evident yet.

The ever increasing influx of Mexicans will ensure the sport stays well supported but I can't see it ever reaching the heights it was once at. The sport would be doing well now because of who we have in Mayweather & Pacquiao, especially Pac. But what I'm saying is who is there to replace these people?

Yeah, we can throw around a few names but we won't truly know for a few more years. Will the increase in European fighters dent America's interest in the sport?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Quote:

The ever increasing influx of Mexicans will ensure the sport stays well supported but I can't see it ever reaching the heights it was once at. The sport would be doing well now because of who we have in Mayweather & Pacquiao, especially Pac. But what I'm saying is who is there to replace these people?

Yeah, we can throw around a few names but we won't truly know for a few more years.
Will the increase in European fighters dent America's interest in the sport?
Then why do you keep asking? You're asking for names then covering your ass by saying we won't know with those people for a few years anyway. Surely it doesn't matter how many names we have because we won't know for a d

Canelo seems to be the sure thing
Broner is next in line
Chavez Jr already got 500k buys against Sergio
Likewise, Sergio's name sky rocketed after the above fight.
Andre Ward is also being nicely groomed
Tim Bradley made a nice name for himself after Pac
Adamek-Cunningnam was watched by 3.4 million people ... now just take any popular HBO boxer and stick him on on NBC, we could triple those numbers easily - instant star.

I bet you were one of those guys who used to go around saying nobody would want boxing back on network TV because it would only bomb.

Last edited by croz; 01-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Also, soccer has been a popular sport among children in the US for generations now. It's never caught on past the playground. It's the same in Europe with basketball. Just because people like something when they're kids doesn't mean they'll follow it when they grow up.

Plus, I don't think you're the kind of guy who should really be trying to guess the growth cycles of sports.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,313,729.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
I'm sorry you don't know how to catch sarcasm. You have no room to call someone ignorant. They have no reason to perma ban me. I haven't done nothing wrong. You do know there is an ignore function if you don't like what I type.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 178 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,001,441,238,308,145.50
Total Points: 2,006,441,789,531,585.00
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - CuauhtÚmoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIAC310 View Post
If it wasn't for Eastern Euros, Mexicans, Latinos and Asians boxing would be dead
So about 3/4 of the worlds population
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM
D-MiZe
Iron lungs

Rep Power: 105 D-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 170,082,745,627,640.84
Total Points: 170,986,147,157,916.00
'cause it's going to piss pour! - *Boss Lady* for when I am around. ;) - *Boss Lady* Best chat up line in a gift and or message on Boxingscene. - *Boss Lady* Because you are just so charming. &lt;3333 - *Boss Lady* You haven't been around ... batteries are now dead. - *Boss Lady* 
I read your manual, changed the batteries and made a mess. Ooops :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Happy Easter babe :kiss: - Bossy 
25k Posts! :kiss: - Bossy For finishing 3rd in Season 2 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Keeping the &quot;Predictorship Challenge&quot; alive. - D4thincarnation The Predictorship Challenge Champion Season 3 - D4thincarnation Happy holidays bro! - led* 
have a safe and Happy New Years bro! :fing02: - jose830 don't get to comfortable with this around your neck, it's going to be taken. - TartanSoldier cause you have janes toney as an avy and cause i cant finish this 6 pack - AyoMaDu Some great posts - jas genius predictions! - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GetSumBrah Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Autism - The Scientist Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - siablo14 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - iBreakbeat 
Send a message via MSN to D-MiZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
Also, soccer has been a popular sport among children in the US for generations now. It's never caught on past the playground. It's the same in Europe with basketball. Just because people like something when they're kids doesn't mean they'll follow it when they grow up.

Plus, I don't think you're the kind of guy who should really be trying to guess the growth cycles of sports.
I'll bite, I ignored you originally because of your stupidity but I feel obliged to respond.

You say the sport has been popular with kids for generations, was America's woman's team #1 decades ago? The men's team wasn't even really qualifying for the WC until '90. They've just received their first high profile coach too in ze German, Klinsmann.

Not to mention David Beckham opening academies over there, MLS attracting known players and American-born players are getting good enough now to play in Europe. Obviously, you have no clue though.

Again, I say that boxing would require someone to transcend the sport to attract a significant amount of fans but this won't be realised yet. Yes, you can name Canelo, Broner etc but that doesn't mean they're that person - can you honestly say you know who's going to be the next Mayweather & Pac?

The problem here is you're talking about the present and I'm talking about the future. Are you going to dig for the statistics from the 90s?