Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Latino Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 124 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,032,243,641,446.32
Total Points: 23,032,243,882,468.65
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Default Why I don't get into this PR vs Mexico thing

I know it's a great rivalry and people like to troll and start stuff on here but for me, I love fighters regardless of where they are from. Now before you call me a pu$$y and say I'm going soft, here me out.

When you are just a fan, I understand the nationalistic pride one carries. It's something that is inside of us. When I was a kid my uncles used to tell me how great Mexican warriors were and that we never give up or give in, and that's the advantage we had over any other group of people.

When I started boxing though, I started to see through nationalistic lines and appreciate the fighters regardless of where they are from. My favorite boxer was Alexis Arguello just because of his toughness, power and the way he walked people down and destroyed them.

I also loved Chapo Rosario because I never seen someone hit as hard as him in that weight division. When he was scheduled to fight Chavez I was worried because I knew had great power in both hands.

Wilfredo Gomez and Wilfredo Benitez were two of the most talented boxers I have ever seen and were amazing champs.

I guess when you actually have fought (and I'm not trying to put anyone down who didn't) you gain a different respect for fighters and national lines don't matter as much.

One thing I do know is that Latino's are the best and most informed fighters on the planet and it's not even close.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
TOBYLEE1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 TOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond reputeTOBYLEE1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,080,054.99
good poster. - mellow_mood For Ignoring Snopkins-the troll - HaglerSteelChin for taking me back in time :beerchug: - jose830 

I'm with you I support any fighter no matter where they came from. Some ppl simply let their ignorance take charge in how they express themselves.

What other sport in any given time that any fighter from any country can compete agaisnt each other in the same set of rules?

My all time favorite fighters are Sal Sanchez, Finito Lopez and Marvin Hagler.

Last edited by TOBYLEE1; 01-15-2013 at 09:45 AM..
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Dagomba
Campeón Gallo

Rep Power: 8 Dagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,784,618,461,010.40
Total Points: 2,784,618,462,710.46
What's really good? - Wall $treeter Un cafe para mi carnal - Cleto_Reyes A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! una chela compa!!! - el20cuatro Gold medal - Round 1 
No Message - Tha_Greatest i tried to green k you for your contribution to my cotto thread, lol, i gave you another fukkin superman cause too much green was given from me within the past 24 hours, thanks, lol, take care homie - Tha_Greatest True fight fan, enjoy the fight my man - techliam 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Wall $treeter World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Wall $treeter Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Hard Dick Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - !! AI-Holmes!! 

No seas joto meng pick a side!

No te creas. The rivalry is cool I have nothing against these Puerto Ricans but if they fight Mexicans I'll suppourt Mexicans just to make it more interesting. It's not about about just being nationalistic, boxing is enjoyed a ton more when you are rooting for someone! F*ck meng , those shivers you sometimes get when you get nervous for the guy you follow. That pain when they get hurt or dropped. That joy when it's the opposite. Nothing beats that sh*t. Then comming to the site to celebrate your win or feel like sh*t when they clown you.

I've only rooted against Mares when he destroyed Agbeko's nutsack.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 124 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I support La Raza 100% no doubt. I just don't think it's cool when the racist stuff happens and the insults fly that are unnecessary.

I remember watching Chavez vs Macho and wanting to see him punishing him for the things he said but I also like some PR fighters because of their skill.

Some fans will never like any PR fighters simply because they are PR.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 PM
The Hoff
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these partsThe Hoff is infamous around these parts
Bank: 164,060,599,446.47
Total Points: 264,060,623,508.07
It's truly a blessing to be the first one to give you a gift - thuggery 

Long live Margarito.... Puerto Ricos Papi!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM
RavshinRicRude
Da Real HMIC

Rep Power: 93 RavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,819,150,290,319,087.50
Total Points: 3,819,150,290,340,525.00
Seeing as you like these...lol. - jazluvr ay te va - el20cuatro A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! un gift - El Más Mejor Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
supered - (ROY) Ten compa Superman1 - Cleto_Reyes gracias - ClitschKO_cuzn No Message - msagrain Congrats on 10k mate.. - iJohn Locke 
to my homie - Tha_Greatest you themod homie, you in control of the hispanic lounge, lol!!!!!!!, true story, lol - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for all the help man - BulgariasFinest Hola amor <3 :kiss: - Bossy for being good sport in the, "start rumors" thread - jose830 15,000 posteos! :beerchug: - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
I know it's a great rivalry and people like to troll and start stuff on here but for me, I love fighters regardless of where they are from. Now before you call me a pu$$y and say I'm going soft, here me out.

When you are just a fan, I understand the nationalistic pride one carries. It's something that is inside of us. When I was a kid my uncles used to tell me how great Mexican warriors were and that we never give up or give in, and that's the advantage we had over any other group of people.

When I started boxing though, I started to see through nationalistic lines and appreciate the fighters regardless of where they are from. My favorite boxer was Alexis Arguello just because of his toughness, power and the way he walked people down and destroyed them.

I also loved Chapo Rosario because I never seen someone hit as hard as him in that weight division. When he was scheduled to fight Chavez I was worried because I knew had great power in both hands.

Wilfredo Gomez and Wilfredo Benitez were two of the most talented boxers I have ever seen and were amazing champs.

I guess when you actually have fought (and I'm not trying to put anyone down who didn't) you gain a different respect for fighters and national lines don't matter as much.

One thing I do know is that Latino's are the best and most informed fighters on the planet and it's not even close.
pu$$y your going soft...........

I kid I kid......

nah but seriously I try to catch as much racist **** and put a stop to it here in the langa.....im all for playfull banter or what not....even heated debate...as long as race don't play a part....
Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 AM
RIZO24
El Punisher

Location: Beckley, West Virginia by way of Pomona, California
Rep Power: 13 RIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,077,071,690,790.82
Total Points: 30,077,079,183,040.50
drink up homie. - TuRoK'em No Message - Tha_Greatest The man of steel.. - !! AI-Holmes!! The man of steel, leaves rusty underwear.. - !! AI-Holmes!! mexico 100% - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Round 1 No Message - Cleto_Reyes back at ya - VERMIN aqui ta carnal - Cleto_Reyes 
here's a gift.. - chiguy91 this rounds on me - bigsmoothh Happy New Year. - Round 1 cheers bro - chiguy91 otra chela amigo - chiguy91 
No Message - Tha_Greatest have a slice............ - bigsmoothh un super - Cleto_Reyes No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Wall $treeter Hepatitis C - chiguy91 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

I love boxing in general but I always root for Mexicans or Chicanos when they are fighting PR's, now that does not mean I do not like PR fighters all together. I like watching Vasquez jr., and Juan Manuel Lopez fight, they come o fight. I also like certain fighting styles pver others, I prefer power boxers like Finito Lopez, Shane Mosely and Mike Garcia but also appreciate bangers who go forward like Bam Bam, Margarito and Santa Cruz. I cant stand fighters like Miguel Vasquez, Carlos Molina, Richard Abril and lately Hopkins, they hold way too much.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

I do think that PR fighters are not doing well as of late. There has always been one super star coming out of PR almost every decade and we are missing that one right now.

Meanwhile, Mexicans and Mexican/Americans are tearing it up as of late and there's a ton more to come.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Ki11a Cam
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Ki11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these partsKi11a Cam is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,990.31
Thumbs down

Quote:

On what basis.......please explain this I'm intrigued
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM
DONDIisBack
Red Welterweight Champion

Rep Power: 0 DONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,103,418,020.41
Total Points: 2,601,103,485,946.86
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - IdNod4u2 

Quote:

I hear you and respect you. I love the sport and the art of fighting. I too view it as the sweet science. I am Latino and my favorite fighter of all time is Roy Jones Jr.
I love and respect all types of fighters and styles no matter where they are from.
Julio Cesar Chavez (though I dont believe him to be the best Mexican ever)...I loved watching him. I would call him the perfect fighter.
I too watched El Chapo and thought he was great. I watch Floyd Mayweather in Slow motion and you can really see the artistry in his style.

Marco Antonio Barrera to me was an all time great. He too was like a perfect fighting machine.

Felix Trinidad was a destroyer who got very little credit in his technique but was very good.

Also have and have always had a great respect for JMM. He is the best counter puncher I have ever seen. (not just cuz of his recent success either)...I can go on and on.
I do agree that Latinos in general are this sport.