Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM
damuttz112
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 damuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,442.27
To a good poster - FkDaHtrs To a good poster - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
There's no such thing as lucky 'punches'; but there is such a thing as a lucky punch/shot.

Wladimir was still developing as a fighter. He didn't do his homework and paid the price. It happens.

I think the fact he never had the chance to avenge the defeat will effect his standing in the all-time lists.
His camp knew he was likely going to get KO'd again. But that's why his standing in history will be affected. Lewis avenged both defeats immediately. Wlad never rematched Sanders and rematched Brewster a full 3 years later.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 102,048,098,873.50
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
There's no such thing as lucky 'punches'; but there is such a thing as a lucky punch/shot.

Wladimir was still developing as a fighter. He didn't do his homework and paid the price. It happens.

I think the fact he never had the chance to avenge the defeat will effect his standing in the all-time lists.
Sorry, typing mistake. I meant 'lucky punch' of course. And no there is no lucky punch. Lennox wasn't even winning that fight. They were even after 4.

If that was 'a lucky punch' then same can be applied on Wlad-Sanders being 'a lucky punch' and everything that followed was the effect of that first knock down after which Wlad clearly never fully recovered.

I don't take anything away from Wlad for not avenging Sanders loss. I can name how many great ATG didn't avenge more losses than Wlad. Only because Lennox did it does not mean you absolutely need to do it to be considered great. Moreover for the fact Wlad didn't have a chance to do it as I described earlier.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by damuttz112 View Post
His camp knew he was likely going to get KO'd again. But that's why his standing in history will be affected. Lewis avenged both defeats immediately. Wlad never rematched Sanders and rematched Brewster a full 3 years later.
Do you know how many unavenged losses Joe Louis, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson, Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Jack Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Evander Holyfiled have? I'll just say big majority of them more than Wlad and no one less than him!

Also note that Wlad fought good 20-ish fights more than Lennox did. Not taking anything from great man Lennox. I really don't want to put any of these great ATGs down to highlight Wlad's greatness.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by damuttz112 View Post
I am not making any new point. This was just hurting my eyes!

Lennox fought McCall on 1994-09-24, and rematch him on 1997-02-07. You do the math!
I can say much more about this rematch but I won't.

Why do you need to do this?! I just posted the question as a boxing fan about the great champion. Why do you have this urge to transform this to klitschko vs lennox or anti-klitschko trolling... We have countless of those on this forum.

I get you don't like Wlad but if you can't objectively discuss why do it at all?

Last edited by Simurgh; 01-10-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
sunny31
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 611,136,013.46
Total Points: 711,190,104.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simurgh View Post
Do you know how many unavenged losses Joe Louis, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson, Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Jack Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Evander Holyfiled have? I'll just say big majority of them more than Wlad and no one less than him!

Also note that Wlad fought good 20-ish fights more than Lennox did. Not taking anything from great man Lennox. I really don't want to put any of these great ATGs down to highlight Wlad's greatness.
With all due respect all those guys you name beat other great fighters, Wlad has never beaten a great fighter. In my opinion he has never fought a true world class heavyweight, so his career is really hard to measure. This highlights further these KO losses because not only did Wlad not rematch Sanders, he doesn't have any real 'great wins' only solid to good wins, with a few very good wins. Haye and Byrd are very good wins.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 AM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny31 View Post
With all due respect all those guys you name beat other great fighters, Wlad has never beaten a great fighter. In my opinion he has never fought a true world class heavyweight, so his career is really hard to measure. This highlights further these KO losses because not only did Wlad not rematch Sanders, he doesn't have any real 'great wins' only solid to good wins, with a few very good wins. Haye and Byrd are very good wins.
One can argue about that, but the fact is Wlad was always seeking for the best opponent. He beat many very good fighters. Actually I think Byrd and Haye are great fighters. Haye is all nonsense, but he is a great fighter just skill-wise.

I won't go through it again why Wlad didn't have a chance to rematch Sanders, but I really don't take anything from Wlad for that and I don't have a single doubt that any version of Wlad after 2005/06 would demolish prime Sanders.
Wlad streak in championship fights is admirable. He always fights more or less unbeaten guys.

There are a lot of ways one can measure Wlad's career and believe me how ever you put it in numbers it looks great.

P.S. Sorry for going off topic.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 AM
DreamFighter
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 DreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 50,022,241.80
Don't act so butthurt, princess - Weltschmerz kick this nasty little alt - Freedom. Spent way too much time on this one. Apart from hating on Klitschkos, no nothing about boxing. - Simurgh *knows :) - Simurgh alt - thuggery 
kick this little faqqot - Burzum kick this little faqqot - Burzum 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simurgh View Post
I don't have a single doubt that any version of Wlad after 2005/06 would demolish prime Sanders.
this is the problem with your posts, you find evidence that tells you that prime Wlad gets demolished (by pastprime, about to retire, largely unknown, unacheiving Corrie) and then you conclude from that evidence the exact opposite of what it has just told you.

Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-11-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Marcov
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 159 Marcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,459,522,410,513,376,768.00
Total Points: 1,459,522,410,513,378,560.00
superman for a super guy - Talisayen another one bro - Talisayen here's another one bud - Talisayen enjoy - project xxx1 gifts - cooper5 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier oktoberfest - led trick or treat? what's up, bud... - BABYBOXER instead of green - speedjay sending gifts to friends today - serv 
gift giving time to friends - serv No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay Merry Christmas - TBear 
Merry Christmas - TBear Happy Holidays Marcov.. - !! AI-Holmes!! thanks for the New Years Green, Happy New Years to you too :beerchug: - jose830 Happy Holidays bro! - jazluvr &quot;We settle for guns because tanks don't fit under our beds.&quot;    lol - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Killa_Kali Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BABYBOXER Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - BABYBOXER 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Telling people 38 times that Wlad doesn't have a weak chin will not make his chin any better. It is what it is.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFighter View Post
this is the problem with your posts, you find evidence that tells you that prime Wlad gets demolished (by pastprime, about to retire, largely unknown, unacheiving Corrie) and then you conclude from that evidence the exact opposite of what it has just told you.
Again... That is not prime Wlad. Not even close, not even 30% of today's Wlad.

Corrie is not that bad as you want to represent him, but he is surely levels below Wlad's prime level.

I made conclusion on 10+ fights Wlad fought against better opponents and destroyed them.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcov View Post
Telling people 38 times that Wlad doesn't have a weak chin will not make his chin any better. It is what it is.
I agree. Although it goes the other way around too. We all were hearing about Wlad's 'glass chin' for years. People tend to take it for granted totally unjustified in my opinion.

And if my agenda was to glorify Wlad I would surely choose different topic, not his chin.