Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 PM
ElBossHogg™
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,254,182,116.66
Total Points: 42,254,204,682.97
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier No Message - ElBossHogg boss poster - I'm so sorry gif maker king - HUGH JASS For the amazing sig work. - Garcia's Dad 
For the GIF! - komodo Have 1 more. - komodo ....and another. - komodo welcome back - bigsmoothh Good to see  you back vato - hectari 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bigsmoothh 

Pedro Diaz sucks basically, complete wrong gameplan for trout they made the fight easy for trout.

Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 01-06-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 PM
LA_2_Vegas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,501,352,254.33

He was missing by a mile on some of the shots you described. IDK if he's ever been that inaccurate and I really can't even remember a significant blow landed by him in the fight. I chalk that up to Trout's own ability because Cotto looked alright to me, I don't think he's that far gone.

He put himself into good positions with his footwork but Trout's body is really hard to hit at distance and even in close because of the angles he was taking. I still have questions about Trout's resistance to the body because he's kinda skinny, but maybe it never comes to that. for cotto, without being able to land to the body early it was pretty much over

I thought he tried some different approaches, but nothing worked. I guess he did a little better when he had Trout coming to him but he was only doing that because he was tired and had to move...i don't know if that was necessarily a decision they made midfight, he does it all the time when gassed.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,229,529.02
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

The size and speed of Trout was a bad choice , in hindsight I dont think Cotto with any game plan can over come the advantages Trout has over him .
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Rep Power: 6 BarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,292,499.28
i started watching your vids your a good trainer keep it up - sugersean15 great trainer good luck in the future - Alx. For masterfully owning those haters nyahahahaha - tibbar Awesome ! Looking forward to training with you. - BulgariasFinest They also banned me for rubbish. Try boxrec forum instead. - HaglerSteelChin 
Send a message via Skype™ to BarryRobinson

I think that Cotto was perfectly capable of throwing a straight right hand to the body or chest and trying to land with his left hook to the head. They were trying to land consecutive hooks. Obviously Cotto is not Ward, they have different names. I do think Cotto a veteran fighter is capable of throwing a straight right hand instead of a right hook...It takes to long to get there.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Pan-Africanist
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Pan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 43,648.86

I thought Cotto had a sound gameplan through the first 6 rounds. In the past Trout had faded late and I think that Cottos team was looking to exploit that. Trout did a good job handling his conditioning down the stretch.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 AM
prinzemanspopa
queenmanspopa

Rep Power: 11 prinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 526,098.36
No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 Top Poster - Stone Roses! one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - nightowl Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - GALACTUS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Wait, what?? So the shorter fighter (Cotto) should have tried to fight off the backfoot?? Listen bro, shorter fighters need to get inside the longer fighters reach.Bob & weave his way in & work the body & head, tie up & repeat.

Not necessarily.A fighter with good movement and timing can fight in such a manner and have success. Arash Usmanee was a good three or four inches shorter than Rances Barthelemy and had some difficult early on with his reach,but he adjusted,took a step back and had success timing Barthelemy coming in.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 AM
dibzvincent143
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 dibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 104,101,981.25

Cotto had successes when trout was coming in.. when cotto was the one coming he barely touch trout due to the awkward angles. I think its best if he counter punched trout instead and throw flurries of combinations when trout is coming in.

Floyd had trouble hitting cotto too when cotto was jumping outside.. I think its really tough to look good against trout if u ain't that athletic.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 319,768.26
Thanks - Toney616 

Cotto has always done better when he's being followed. It was evident in the fight with Floyd also. I agree that he should have fought in reverse as much as possible.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 AM
thatdudespits
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 thatdudespits is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Points: 3,010,020,329.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIAC310
nah, he did his best. There's literally no way he could've won outside of a lucky shot.

He's a gatekeeper for REAL champs and elite fighters. He did his job.
Nothing wrong with that
now Cotto is a gatekeeper... you sound stupid.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM
thatdudespits
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 thatdudespits is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Points: 3,010,020,329.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_2_Vegas
He was missing by a mile on some of the shots you described. IDK if he's ever been that inaccurate and I really can't even remember a significant blow landed by him in the fight. I chalk that up to Trout's own ability because Cotto looked alright to me, I don't think he's that far gone.

He put himself into good positions with his footwork but Trout's body is really hard to hit at distance and even in close because of the angles he was taking. I still have questions about Trout's resistance to the body because he's kinda skinny, but maybe it never comes to that. for cotto, without being able to land to the body early it was pretty much over

I thought he tried some different approaches, but nothing worked. I guess he did a little better when he had Trout coming to him but he was only doing that because he was tired and had to move...i don't know if that was necessarily a decision they made midfight, he does it all the time when gassed.
Cotto landed some viscious left hooks in that fight (which was a close fight).... I question whether you even saw this fight. Cotto fought in a very similar style to that he used against quintana... with more movement... while he had some success ... his handspeed isnt the same as it once was... he lost a couple miles on the fastball...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android