Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Saint G Groves
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 Saint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,795.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Froch will kill this guy.

On a side note.

I know Froch have fans because of his toughness and his willingness to fight anyone.

I can't help but think a lot of the Americans like him because Ward already beat him.

It's a logical conclusion..... Froch is GREAT FROCH IS A BEAST FROCH IS A WARRIOR (but y'all know Ward already beat him so Ward is > than everything we said about Froch)

I bet if Ward and Froch never fought.. a lot of the 'opinions' will be different.

American boxing fans in general feel threatened by Calzaghe and Lewis... but love the tough boys like Froch because they know their own 'slick' boxers can stand a chance.
Lewis and Calzaghe ran through their best like knife through butter.

That has to be one of the best posts I've read on any forum Skittlez, couldn't agree more with you on that mate. I've noticed a lot of hate for Calzaghe and Lewis, compared to the love for Froch and Hatton, and what you said makes complete sense
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 AM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 59 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,150,364,197.55
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint G Groves View Post
That has to be one of the best posts I've read on any forum Skittlez, couldn't agree more with you on that mate. I've noticed a lot of hate for Calzaghe and Lewis, compared to the love for Froch and Hatton, and what you said makes complete sense
it couldn't be the ten year period of soft opponents, the ducking prime opponents, the slap stoppages, the comical excuses(scared of flying), the lies(roy jones is too shot to fight), or anything else of substance. it's because he's too damn good and not American! SD over hopkins even when he could barely hit him and kept getting hit in the face! amazing! getting floored by the ghost of roy jones jr! what heart! destroying peter manfredo, tocker pudwill and jeff lacy! america's best! simply too good.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Kris Silver
Kneel 4 Silver,good boy!

Rep Power: 31 Kris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,949,923,209,740.92
Total Points: 20,049,923,370,195.72
cheers mate - TheDemdzasGhost Happy 1K anniversary! Keep up the good work! - BatTheMan Here ya go - T-97 No Message - T-97 A toast to our old friend 'Reasoning'....RIP - Chunk 
Top Poster! - abadger Here's some loving! - T-97 Happy 2000th - Puas No Message - T-97 For being one of the few sane people here! - FRKO 
3k, congrats to a good poster - MELLY-MEL... Have an apple - danc1984 Happy new year, Kris. - T-97 A toast to the great KrisSilver. - FRKO Thanks. Happy 2009 to you too. - Silencers 
you're a good poster...cheers mate - Makavelli Thanks for your support - Massage Queen Good poster, always a gentlemen. - Jewshua Happy Christmas in advance. - S a m u r a i Have another. - S a m u r a i 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Crushin View Post
Whats embarrassing about it? Froch-Kessler is the fight people want to see, and the IBF is trying to push this fight down our throats
I was merely making the point, Hearn commenting publicly his guy would face Stevenson, is made slightly embarrassing for him when his fighter then comes out and says no I won't, I'll face Kessler.

I agree the Kessler fight is the right fight, fair do's to Froch!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:47 AM
BattlingNelson
Battet

Rep Power: 533 BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 733,860,816,093,220.38
Total Points: 733,860,816,251,805.62
Congrats... - Spacey1991 stole your gif I liked it too much Bat sorry... - LEFTYGUNZZ my heart beats for Kessler!! - cleaner147 congats on 15,000 posts, you're one of the best !! - JAB5239 good luck in the league, you'll need it :) - El Mustang 
for being a cool poster in history section - led BattlingNelson &amp;gt; LeCrtin - Freedom Fighter A man who has superior boxing knowledge &amp;amp; integrity. - Terry A ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER he was just lucky! - gingeralbino Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter No Message - chiguy91 
I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist &lt;3 - Grand Champ Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr &quot;When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick.&quot; lmao - -jose- For being one of the true &quot;boxing guys&quot; in this place. - Cuauhtmoc1520 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nb_out_king 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisSilver View Post
I was merely making the point, Hearn commenting publicly his guy would face Stevenson, is made slightly embarrassing for him when his fighter then comes out and says no I won't, I'll face Kessler.

I agree the Kessler fight is the right fight, fair do's to Froch!
Hasn't SKY said that this fight might validate a return to PPV?

If so it could be the sharing of this extra revenue that is the dealbreaker.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Saint G Groves
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 Saint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 13,795.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
it couldn't be the ten year period of soft opponents, the ducking prime opponents, the slap stoppages, the comical excuses(scared of flying), the lies(roy jones is too shot to fight), or anything else of substance. it's because he's too damn good and not American! SD over hopkins even when he could barely hit him and kept getting hit in the face! amazing! getting floored by the ghost of roy jones jr! what heart! destroying peter manfredo, tocker pudwill and jeff lacy! america's best! simply too good.

I have to say that made me laugh! Some of that is valid criticism, some of it is just pure hate. Take a deep breath and let it all go, Calzaghe retired years ago, boxing is still going

Last edited by Saint G Groves; 01-06-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 AM
askoe
Contender

Rep Power: 8 askoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 233,400.60
Total Points: 241,852.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
Hasn't SKY said that this fight might validate a return to PPV?

If so it could be the sharing of this extra revenue that is the dealbreaker.
That makes sense....I've been wondering about what the problem suddenly could be. Just a week ago, it seemed the fight was only two signatures away.... anyway, todays paper has Froch quoted for saying Froch-Kessler II is set for May. And the venue will be either O2 Arena or Wembley Arena..... both in London..... Hopefully this coming week will bring hard facts

Last edited by askoe; 01-06-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Chris T Byrd
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Chris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeChris T Byrd has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,305.14

Froch will *****slap Kessler around the ring. Kessler is done.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 AM
askoe
Contender

Rep Power: 8 askoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond reputeaskoe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 233,400.60
Total Points: 241,852.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T Byrd View Post
Froch will *****slap Kessler around the ring. Kessler is done.
Froch will not be stronger and fitter than the last time they met, just older and slower....beating a shot Bute does not make the Cobra more poisonous...
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Tonyu
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 Tonyu has much to be proud ofTonyu has much to be proud ofTonyu has much to be proud ofTonyu has much to be proud ofTonyu has much to be proud ofTonyu has much to be proud ofTonyu has much to be proud ofTonyu has much to be proud ofTonyu has much to be proud of
Total Points: 11,195.91

Typical Froch using the IBF Belt as his own toy thing, he had his mandatory in November why should the no1 contender keep stepping aside because Froch has his own agenda he lost to Kessler get over it - all boxers know when fighting for a belt they have to fight the No1 in a certain time frame- do your duty and if not vacate you waste of space. Froch will lose to Kessler, Ward and Oosthuizen because these are gifted fighters as Froch keeps his hands too low and is always exposed.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 AM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,005,049,578.78
cheers, just saw your post in the NFL thread - ~AK49~ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by askoe View Post
Froch will not be stronger and fitter than the last time they met, just older and slower....beating a shot Bute does not make the Cobra more poisonous...
Froch has improved since the first with Mikkel, in a number of ways.

Also, Mikkel wont be stronger or fitter either. He has been dropped since that fight though. I expect another tremendous fight, but I've got Froch this time.