Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 AM
dc3383
F.U.T.W

Bank: 1,172,400,859,241.47
Total Points: 3,172,720,887,237.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
Really? So you're fine with a sporting personality getting paid, sometimes very big money, by the people watching him, even though he might be a murderer, rapist, drug dealer, woman beater, robber, criminal, whatever etc?

Or, taking it a step further, would you happily sit by not giving a **** about another persons actions while they robbed some old lady or beat up some poor woman? Of course you wouldn't...or maybe you would, which is why you're saying that **** above.

It some cases it should have an impact and if you don't care whether they are scum and should be put behind bars, then it's actually you who are the clown mate.

If it's just about whether asking your dad for a comb on TV, well, I'm gonna think the guy is clearly a complete ****, and entirely deserving of scorn, but maybe you don't.
Don't change the argument; I could care less what a athlete does in a there personal and lie I said if you do you are personally a loser at life. I don't need
a role model. Would I let a child or a old lady get beat up in front of me nope.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-06-2013, 06:41 AM
happyman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 3 happyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,445.62
Happy New Year!!! - E.P.T. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3383 View Post
Don't change the argument; I could care less what a athlete does in a there personal and lie I said if you do you are personally a loser at life. I don't need
a role model. Would I let a child or a old lady get beat up in front of me nope.
I think you meant couldn't care less. And what you said after that didn't even make sense.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:37 AM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,906,014,770.98
Total Points: 14,990,277,055.03
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

depends on what you mean by outside the ring. i like to see guys who work hard and are dedicated to boxing win, i dont care for slackers who dont train at all between fights and get fat. i also like to see fighters who are good for boxing win, who want the tough fights even if its high risk low reward.

i really dont care how a fighters personality is, there are only a few exceptions. i dont like ppl who act fake as hell, a few fighters influenced me by being nice too but thats even more rare.

im all about the boxing. most ppl are, they will claim personality matters when they go on about how they dislike a certain fighter. then completely ignore it if a fighter they like does the same thing.

look at all the ppl going on and on about mayweather being a wifebeater based on one incident that might not even have happened. then you have guys like gatti and leonard who beat their wives on a regular basis and it gets overlooked completely. i like gatti and leonard, im not bashing them. im just saying ppl set double standards.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 AM
happyman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 3 happyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond reputehappyman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,445.62
Happy New Year!!! - E.P.T. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
depends on what you mean by outside the ring. i like to see guys who work hard and are dedicated to boxing win, i dont care for slackers who dont train at all between fights and get fat. i also like to see fighters who are good for boxing win, who want the tough fights even if its high risk low reward.

i really dont care how a fighters personality is, there are only a few exceptions. i dont like ppl who act fake as hell, a few fighters influenced me by being nice too but thats even more rare.

im all about the boxing. most ppl are, they will claim personality matters when they go on about how they dislike a certain fighter. then completely ignore it if a fighter they like does the same thing.

look at all the ppl going on and on about mayweather being a wifebeater based on one incident that might not even have happened. then you have guys like gatti and leonard who beat their wives on a regular basis and it gets overlooked completely. i like gatti and leonard, im not bashing them. im just saying ppl set double standards.
this is why floyd fans are seen as the worst fanbase. delusional.

his kids tried to call 911...his own damn kids, and you say it never happened... wow
Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 AM
tHuGbOsS
Banned

Rep Power: 0 tHuGbOsS will become famous soon enoughtHuGbOsS will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 3,031.63

I follow/watch fighters for the skills they posses and for doing what they do best, FIGHT!

Not because of what they do outside the ring or how much class they have. This ain't church, you want class? Join a ministry or become a nun.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:53 AM
damuttz112
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 damuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 55,972.93
To a good poster - FkDaHtrs To a good poster - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs 

Monzon was a complete sociopath and monster yet you don't hear people raving on about the atrocious things he did outside the ring like Mayweather. It's all selective, it's Human Nature.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 AM
White_Knight
At a lady's service

Rep Power: 14 White_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,023,463,156,131.79
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Thanks for green K - Weltschmerz 

People do care even if they say they don't. If a fighter attended a Klan rally do you think he would have many black fans thereafter? Would a muslim fighter who said America deserves to perish have many American fans?

With there being rape, animal abuse, wife-beating, murder, drug-taking, pedophilia, reckless driving, and so on, there is something out there to alienate everyone.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
damuttz112
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 damuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 55,972.93
To a good poster - FkDaHtrs To a good poster - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooksInYou View Post
People do care even if they say they don't. If a fighter attended a Klan rally do you think he would have many black fans thereafter? Would a muslim fighter who said America deserves to perish have many American fans?
Just say you don't like black people.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 47 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 616,000,277,350,111.50
Total Points: 616,784,188,914,072.75
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

I love watching Monzon but I can't say he's a favourite because he was an aggressive wife beater who eventually threw his significant other from a balcony.

I don't care about minor things like Broner just generally being annoying, it's serious stuff like domestic violence and murder that makes me dislike a fighter.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 47 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 616,000,277,350,111.50
Total Points: 616,784,188,914,072.75
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooksInYou View Post

With there being rape, animal abuse, wife-beating, murder, drug-taking, pedophilia, reckless driving, and so on, there is something out there to alienate everyone.
Muhammad Ali went to a Klan rally and preached segregation.