No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson-Kendall Holt Set For 2/22, ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
    Peterson doesn't open up much against big punchers. This could be a fight where both guys just stare at each other for 12 rounds. Also I wouldn't count Holt out. Peterson can be hurt and Holt can stop him if he lands a big shot. It's tough to call a winner here, I'm just hoping for some action with these two.
    Holt is a big puncher still but I think Peterson will pressure Holt and try to work the body. He was tentative against Ortiz but he also got rocked, probably the most in his career. But he fought his way back into that fight. I'm not totally writing off Holt but I think he's just too old at this point.

Comment

poor bradley left out in the cold again lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Peterson got this. He's been in there with other big punchers so he knows the drill. However I must admit that after Bradley mollywhopped him, he did seem to get staggeringly stronger.
        Not quite after Bradley, it was after Ortiz.

147 fight night vs Ortiz (who was 156)
        155 vs Khan

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
          This is a great fight for fnf. Its a good match up and not some horrible mismatch. PEDS or not Peterson is a good body puncher and will be to much for Holt who isn't getting any younger.

I wonder who Peterson will get matched with next? He can be matched with GBP and TR fighters.
          Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
          Peterson doesn't open up much against big punchers. This could be a fight where both guys just stare at each other for 12 rounds. Also I wouldn't count Holt out. Peterson can be hurt and Holt can stop him if he lands a big shot. It's tough to call a winner here, I'm just hoping for some action with these two.
          I would not count Holt out at any rate. In his last fight he looked great against Coleman. He dropped him in the first and then finished him in the second round with well placed left hooks to the body. I know RJJ was in his corner but I'm not sure if he helped train him but he looked very composed and threw great combinations with power. I know Coleman was like B- level but he got stomped out so easily, Holt didn't even break a sweat.

Last edited by mathed; 01-04-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Will there be random testing?? Hopefully.

Comment

I'm jus saying that the shots set him backwards. Peterson started from the bottom now he's back here again. It's easier said then done climbing out. I hope he does though

Comment

On a good night Holt is more than enough of a challenge, and Peterson can be dropped. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Comment

wow, this is a good one, i look forward to it

Comment

Not a bad fight for ESPN I am tuning in for that one.

Comment

Who the hell is Tim Bradley fighting then???

Comment

Working...
                      X