Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
BigAlexSand
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 5 BigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,711.20

It makes me think Donaire might actually be a little bit nervous of this fight and every time he brings up Rigo it is something different. The fact Rigo is constantly throwing out the fact he will destroy Donaire and the only excuse for Donaire is lack of competition? Wow.
Coming from a prize fighter, who knows opposition counts, Rigo has the best name in their weightclass because of his amazing amateur record and becomes obvious the lack of pro opposition is because others fear of losing to a great all around boxer.
Rigo by Late KO/TKO
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Banned

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,882,874,199,869,131.00
Total Points: 3,882,874,199,886,685.00
Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* 
Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley 
intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavecito80 View Post
This is a toss up fight for me. Rigo is the better boxer but Nonito is bigger and has more power. It will either be a KO for donaire or a decision win by Rigo. I don't see it no other way.
I'm convinced this is a common misconception. Rigo and Donaire are listed at the same height: 5' 5 1/2". Nonito looks pretty soft at 122, while Guillermo is hard as a rock. As for power, I would give the edge to Donaire and his left hook. But Rigo is no slouch in that department.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:02 PM
PacKOtyson
Contender

Rep Power: 3 PacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud of
Total Points: 9,150.88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyNation View Post
He needs at least another fight to build up his name recognition. Hopefully it will be against someone good.
Donaire, is that you?

Just fight Rigo already! You already used that excuse, but yet you fought the South African. I thought you wanted to unify the division. I like Rigo, but I think you can beat him. What's the problem?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Banned

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* 
Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley 
intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacKOtyson View Post
Donaire, is that you?

Just fight Rigo already! You already used that excuse, but yet you fought the South African. I thought you wanted to unify the division. I like Rigo, but I think you can beat him. What's the problem?
lol I think that shot down the "he has no fan-base" excuse. I wonder how many South Africans Jeffrey brought with him to the Home Depot Center.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Suavecito80
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Suavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond reputeSuavecito80 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,250,578.63
my bad bro!! - Mr. Philadel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
I'm convinced this is a common misconception. Rigo and Donaire are listed at the same height: 5' 5 1/2". Nonito looks pretty soft at 122, while Guillermo is hard as a rock. As for power, I would give the edge to Donaire and his left hook. But Rigo is no slouch in that department.
It is still a half inch bigger not sure about arm length. I know Rigo has some power as well but nonito still has more power than he does. Like I said a good fight and a toss up. I can see Rigo frustrating him and making him pay when he swings his left hook and misses. I also don't think Rigo's chin is as bad as some clowns in here seem to think. Dudes make it sound like he has khan's chin, lol.

Last edited by Suavecito80; 01-04-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 68 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202,437,446,097,488.75
Total Points: 1,309,337,446,134,086.50
Haters gonna hate..... - Atreyu Khalil The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry 
thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC 
Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 
4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov :beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry Cuban

Dan..Do you remember that Nonito said in the Interview after the Arce fight?..he said:I didn't expect him to came like that..he actually got me to the body.....lol...if old fart shot to pieces pillow fisted Arce got him to the body...ufff..he better star to do some abdominals exercises to see if he can ripp his mediun zone..that belly gonna get busted!!

I remember that, I also remember little Conception hurting him badly to the body on multiple occasions. If I recall that was a very close fight and Donaire was literally running for his damn life.

I do think he has a good chin but I am convinced he reacts horribly everytime he gets touched to the body.

If little old Arce & Conception are killing this guy to the body, hes in massive trouble when he feels one of Rigo's bodyshots.
With tht soft ass flabby body of his who wouldn't.

You may have a point but his last fight he totally neglected his body work. And if you're a Rigo fan or as harsh of a critic as I am, that's not a good sign. He attacked MarroquÃ*n's body once or twice, forgot which round, and when he did he had very good success. If he would've done his usual body work in that fight he wouldve taken MarroquÃ*n out.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 01-04-2013, 12:33 PM
PacKOtyson
Contender

Rep Power: 3 PacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud ofPacKOtyson has much to be proud of
Total Points: 9,150.88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
lol I think that shot down the "he has no fan-base" excuse. I wonder how many South Africans Jeffrey brought with him to the Home Depot Center.
I used to like Donaire, but his excuses are ridiculous. Also, he acts like a superstar, but he couldn't fill the Depot Center in his own backyard. Also, for the fight against Arce most of the crowd was Mexican.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 68 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202,437,446,097,488.75
Total Points: 1,309,337,446,134,086.50
Haters gonna hate..... - Atreyu Khalil The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry 
thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC 
Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 
4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov :beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suavecito80

This is a toss up fight for me. Rigo is the better boxer but Nonito is bigger and has more power. It will either be a KO for donaire or a decision win by Rigo. I don't see it no other way.

I don't care what Donaire is listed as but I'm willing to bet my left nut that he's not 5'5". Before they changed It he was listed as 5'8". I'm pretty sure he's in that range, 5'7" 5'8".

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 PM
LarryXXX
Hard Work..Dedication!!

Rep Power: 207 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 355,545,225,958,183,796,736.00
Total Points: 355,545,537,958,184,026,112.00
you something else man. You generous as hell - MAKING_MONEY positive unbiased posts - thuggery Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios for that kunt between ur legs - Warrios take it like it's floyd - Warrios 
celebrate ur inner fruit - Warrios No Message - WESS A hero of Boxingscene - valero Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 TMT - JonoYoungP4P 
No Message - Scott.Weiland. im dropping benjamins like AB - sugarsmosley u stay up breh - BTL WAR Mayweather! - LoadedWraps To the Mayweather Mafia Don! - LoadedWraps 
Have one on me Lad - Rocky... Cheers - Croyd for knowing his sh1t when it comes to boxing - jas Wont let me green you - deanrw Funny - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

So after he ko's Rigo what will the excuse be??"oh Donaire is too big for 122 and is picking on smaller fighters?"
Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavecito80 View Post
It is still a half inch bigger not sure about arm length. I know Rigo has some power as well but nonito still has more power than he does. Like I said a good fight and a toss up. I can see Rigo frustrating him and making him pay when he swings his left hook and misses. I also don't think Rigo's chin is as bad as some clowns in here seem to think. Dudes make it sound like he has khan's chin, lol.
Boxrec has Donaire listed at 5' 5 1/2" (same as Rigo). Someone posted a Youtube video on this subject where Nonito was filmed during a physical at the doctor. The nurse confirmed this height measurement. Guillermo's reach is listed at 66", while Nonito's is listed at 68".

Honestly, Rigo's chin concerns me, although I agree that some people exaggerate (as with everything). Guille took a jab during the Cordoba fight and had to steady himself with his glove on the canvass. At first I didn't think it meant much; but upon further reflection, I'm not so sure. Rigo took a couple of good shots against Marroquin (who hits pretty hard, IMO). His reaction is open to interpretation. He was definitely affected, but he fought right back. The jury is still out, as far as I'm concerned. We might find out the truth with Donaire.