Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM
CHOWWOKKA
lats of peace

Rep Power: 28 CHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,974,532,311,139.76
Total Points: 8,590,183,554,162.92
owning pactards left and right with ease - I'm so sorry Happy Easter, anyway! :) :kiss: - Bossy have an apple - bigsmoothh Happy holidays bro! - led* 

What's impressive is Ali's timing, he waited until the last 20 seconds as if he knew Foreman was going down.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 PM
damuttz112
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 damuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 56,307.93
To a good poster - FkDaHtrs To a good poster - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs 

I remember in an interview they suggested that he looked to his corner and they gave him an indication not to continue. Foreman walked to his corner and the rest is history. Even though Ali was past prime that last 1-2 was lightning quick. Incredible handspeed.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
ADP02
Pac is a drug cheat

Rep Power: 25 ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 259,559,203,556.87
Total Points: 270,559,394,168.17

That was the announcer that you were hearing not the ref.

Foreman went down at the 11 second mark (maybe 10.5) and got up when the round was over .... nothing shady from what I saw in that clip.

Either way Foreman was toast. He wanted no part of that fight once he went down.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
CHOWWOKKA
lats of peace

Rep Power: 28 CHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,974,532,311,139.76
Total Points: 8,590,183,554,162.92
owning pactards left and right with ease - I'm so sorry Happy Easter, anyway! :) :kiss: - Bossy have an apple - bigsmoothh Happy holidays bro! - led* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP02 View Post
That was the announcer that you were hearing not the ref.

Foreman went down at the 11 second mark (maybe 10.5) and got up when the round was over .... nothing shady from what I saw in that clip.

Either way Foreman was toast. He wanted no part of that fight once he went down.
Are you using the fight clock to indicate a 10 count?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Rossman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 44 Rossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond reputeRossman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,175,048,490,862.91
Total Points: 7,175,048,495,027.85

The ref could have let him continue but I think Foreman was spent.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 AM
Black-ops
Amateur

Total Points: 7,766.13

Foreman was beaten .he didn't complain to the ref so he must have known himself he was beat
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 AM
House of Stone
BigDaddy

Rep Power: 15 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,693,836,873.10
Total Points: 258,743,929,330.94
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas knows his boxing - jas 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

ref would have been within his rights to let it continue but either way Foreman did seem finished by that point and would likely have gone down in the next ...

HOWEVER you'd think that if the knockdown 'knocked' some sense into him he might have had the sense to take a breather in the next round he might have gotten a bit of a second wind and lasted a few more before being stopped in the 10th or 11th or something. I'm not sure if Ali had enough left to lay a continued beat down on him, it was more like cover up let foreman tire himself out and then throw a couple, if george survived the 8th and then stopped throwing (other than the odd jab) it would have been interesting anyway. (unlikely scenario btw just throwing it out there)
Old 01-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,069,596.68
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

Ali set up young George then closed the show when he saw George falling over himself when he punched!! Ali is never talked about as a great closer but thats exactly what he was!! When he got someone in trouble he is one of the best closers in any division!
Beating a 24yr old Big George Foreman was considered an incredible win for Ali considering Georges dismissle of all his opponents to date!!

.......Ali Ali Ali Ali..........................THE Greatest of ALL TIME!!!!

Ray.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 AM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,005,309,688.03
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Because the referee is in a better position than we are to determine if a fighter is fit to continue. Just because a fighter isn't staggering doesn't mean he's ready to keep fighting. This happens in hundreds of fights. There was obviously something about Foreman that said "I'm done".

Nothing controversial about this. Foreman got KO'd, end of story. Similar to what happened to Taylor against Chavez: Taylor was done and the official exercised his discretion.

Last edited by SBleeder; 01-04-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,334,465.68
Total Points: 120,121,454,063.40
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Yeah both good stoppages. Taylor only should've been allowed to continue if he would've responded. Since he didn't, Steele really had no choice. Too bad as Meldrick was so close, I always felt bad for him after that when I would hear about him, especially after seeing what became of him on Legendary Nights. I guess he never really had that career defining win?

This one was obvious. Actually though, I always thought this was a TKO win for Ali, not a KO, so the ref actually counted to 10 before Foreman got up? Either way, Foreman was done. He might have been able to continue, but it didn't seem like he wanted to, Ali not only beat Foreman physically, but mentally, as has been said countless times before. But this is technically a KO right, not a TKO, Ali/Foreman?