Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 PM
radioraheem
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 radioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond reputeradioraheem has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 129,174.82
Total Points: 5,100,000,213,614.93
bitter Peterson fan accusing Lucas of PEDs. TKO3 - thuggery have a buck - sugarsmosley WAR COTTO!!!!!!!! - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdNod4u2 View Post

1st round holding behind the neck and hitting.
They even show in slow motion. 1ST ROUND AND SECOND!

How is 2 knockdowns to start a fight NOT effect the rest?
Because a lot of them ignore that fact. They feel it was meaningless to the outcome. When in fact, it was a BIG thing. So big that, if Berto was unable to get up, he could've argued that there be a rematch because the hits were clearly illegal. And with the swelling of the eye, supposedly by a thumb (I'm of the opinion that the thumbing was done intentionally if that did happen). Now I do think Berto would have lost a close one anyway because of his defense. But it would have been way closer of a fight.

Guerrero is no saint by far, quite dirty, in the Aydin fight he tried an intentional headbutt, along with other dirty tactics.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM
ElBossHogg™
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,254,182,116.66
Total Points: 42,254,206,709.97
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier No Message - ElBossHogg boss poster - I'm so sorry gif maker king - HUGH JASS For the amazing sig work. - Garcia's Dad 
For the GIF! - komodo Have 1 more. - komodo ....and another. - komodo welcome back - bigsmoothh Good to see  you back vato - hectari 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bigsmoothh 

Old 01-03-2013, 06:59 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,747,156,766,847.93
Total Points: 2,757,756,878,886.10
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

I wouldn't consider it tainted, but the fight starting like that certainly did play a role.

The ref didn't swell Berto's eyes shut though nor did he take Berto's best punches when Guerrero was asking to get hit by them leaning over with his head just hanging out there to be hit with the uppercut. So it is not like Guerrero was handed the fight on a silver platter he had a lot of work to do.

I could deal with Berto getting a rematch because of these issues as the fight could go differently but I have no real issue with the outcome as Guerrero was the better guy on that night.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM
DONDIisBack
Red Welterweight Champion

Rep Power: 0 DONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these parts
Bank: 941,756,655.81
Total Points: 2,600,941,817,564.80
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - IdNod4u2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmaticfighter View Post
ghost would've won anyway guys like berto and ortiz don't have it in them to beat guys who come to win.
Respect that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
No he beat Berto fair and square...only question is, was Berto as effective without steroids being that it was his first fight without using them or after getting caught anyway
Fair and square? with illegal shots that knocked him down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossCA View Post
I questioned my self, "was that even legal to hit and hold". But, I think Berto would have lost that fight anyway. I'd rather see Guerrero face Mayweather than Berto.
You may be right, Im not so sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBossHogg***8482; View Post
nope, all berto did was hold, his own corner kept yelling at him to stop holding robert. The first KD was berto holding robert right hand and so robert swung with his left and put his ass down. Second KD berto again held and robert put it on him with the free hand. Nothing to complain and nothing was tainted, its was a legit solid win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBossHogg***8482; View Post
Wow! You see it like that? I see it like he was trying to pull his hand off his neck.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 PM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 213 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,050,695,852,708,792.00
Total Points: 15,050,695,852,710,628.00
why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? 
to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC 
Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. for swift payment on epoints bet! - jas No Message - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
Yep, you're right. I never even noticed that. Berto fought stupid, because he is stupid.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:05 PM
VapeRippa
Contender

Rep Power: 3 VapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant futureVapeRippa has a brilliant future
Bank: 3,413,395,921.56
Total Points: 3,413,406,036.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioraheem View Post
Because a lot of them ignore that fact. They feel it was meaningless to the outcome. When in fact, it was a BIG thing. So big that, if Berto was unable to get up, he could've argued that there be a rematch because the hits were clearly illegal. And with the swelling of the eye, supposedly by a thumb (I'm of the opinion that the thumbing was done intentionally if that did happen).

Guerrero is no saint by far, quite dirty, in the Aydin fight he tried an intentional headbutt, along with other dirty tactics.
Newsflash this is Boxing

If Berto really wanted to control the outcome of that fight he would have had to impose his will like the "bigger" man he was supposed to be, instead of being busy trying out the shoulder roll and underestimating Guerrero, who was showing the "bigger" man that he meant business.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 PM
DONDIisBack

Rep Power: 0 DONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post

WTF were you watching bro? I guess he could have been holding his hand with his face
WTF Are people crazy Phenom?...lol

I can see the argument of the illegal shots not changing the outcome but to say they were not illegal is a whole different thing!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 PM
DONDIisBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by VapeRippa View Post
Newsflash this is Boxing

If Berto really wanted to control the outcome of that fight he would have had to impose his will like the "bigger" man he was supposed to be, instead of being busy trying out the shoulder roll and underestimating Guerrero, who was showing the "bigger" man that he meant business.
There is no whining or even arguing about the win. Maybe you should re-read the initial post.

All tht you said has already been cleared from the start.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 PM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 213 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,050,695,852,708,792.00
Total Points: 15,050,695,852,710,628.00
why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? 
to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC 
Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. for swift payment on epoints bet! - jas No Message - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
Wow! You see it like that? I see it like he was trying to pull his hand off his neck.
If that's so, he should have moved his head and slide under that arm. That's why I say he fought stupid. You never want your opponent to be tied up with one hand and his other hand free. Anyway, I'd like to see a rematch.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 21,493,295,838,127.45
Total Points: 22,748,617,415,858.71
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Exclamation

You're allowed to be inside as long as you work. The Ghost did a whole lot of working in there.