Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-18-2006, 02:03 AM
wojewodztwo_pl
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 wojewodztwo_pl has a spectacular aura aboutwojewodztwo_pl has a spectacular aura aboutwojewodztwo_pl has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,470.80
Default Beginners: Think Before You Post

i dont want to start on anyone, and im not writing this post out of frustration. im just saying that every time i come onto the training section i always see the same new posts 'am i too old?' 'jogging' ' where to buy gloves' etc etc. and i just read a post about someone asking us to write up a schedule for him, even though he is part of a boxing gym. the best poeple to ask are from your own boxing gym, because they know how hard you work, your skill level etc.

also, for all you beginners, before you start new posts asking about which foot to put in front, stance, power, punching, all the basic S*** basically, make use the search tool to read up on it, or you could spend 15 minutes on the internet finding all the information out, because that way is much more time efficient for yourselves (since yo dont have to wait for users to reply to your questions, you can have the information given to you).

so before you post. think.

it still surprises me that some of you say that you attend boxing gyms, yet you ask the most basic of questions.

take it easy
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-18-2006, 04:54 AM
toehead
Contender

Rep Power: 0 toehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these partstoehead is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 26,751.27

So, you register up and one of your very first post's your telling people not to ask for training advice ON A TRAINING ADVICE MESSAGE BOARD? what else are people supposed to ask on here where we get are car's oil changed at? if the questions being asked annoy you don't participate in the discussions simple as that there's no need to flame people for being curious about other peoples training habits
Old 03-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19450 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,361,753,202,882.63
Total Points: 30,361,753,233,893.91
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Why he would change his name is beyond me, the statement has validity. However, what are the questions that you would ask when entering a gym. You might have to ask which foot should go forward. Alot is attainable from simple observation, but in this internet gym sight is not always possible.

So Im bouncing around the ring, shadowboxing. A young kid climbs into the ring and raises his hands, trying to imitate the movements that I am doing. His young arms pumping out in akward motions as his eyes come alive in play. Quietly he moves towards me asks, "Which foot do I put first?"

Rockin'
Old 03-18-2006, 03:54 PM
leff
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 leff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,078,320.86
Send a message via MSN to leff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1
Why he would change his name is beyond me, the statement has validity. However, what are the questions that you would ask when entering a gym. You might have to ask which foot should go forward. Alot is attainable from simple observation, but in this internet gym sight is not always possible.

So Im bouncing around the ring, shadowboxing. A young kid climbs into the ring and raises his hands, trying to imitate the movements that I am doing. His young arms pumping out in akward motions as his eyes come alive in play. Quietly he moves towards me asks, "Which foot do I put first?"

Rockin'
thats kinda cute
Old 03-18-2006, 07:04 PM
TheHoff!
Laddie’s luscious lover

Rep Power: 0 TheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond reputeTheHoff! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6.31
Total Points: 210,694.20

When I have a look in here it does seem to be the same stuff a lot of the time...maybe there should be 'sticky' threads with answers to the more commonly asked questions. That way people will be less likely to ask the same qusetions over and over.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Zigga
Contender

Rep Power: 9 Zigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond reputeZigga has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,868.00

who gives a ****, if u dont like the post nobody tells u u gotta take part and theres enough room on here for everyone including ur posts. U should understand that there are people and kids here not on ur level and although they are basic questions they are not stupid if u dont know the answer. I know what ur saying but if someones gotta ask they should be able to without being in fear of lookin bad cause of u. They may have already used the search tool and internet to find out stuff but maybe they need to hear it from us too.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:20 PM
tebe6sm
Contender

Rep Power: 12 tebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond reputetebe6sm has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,642.61
Total Points: 51,139.52

OK thanks i'll keep that in mind mr. mcfirst post
Old 03-19-2006, 06:13 AM
Hunna
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 12 Hunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond reputeHunna has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 24,814.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojewodztwo_pl
i dont want to start on anyone, and im not writing this post out of frustration. im just saying that every time i come onto the training section i always see the same new posts 'am i too old?' 'jogging' ' where to buy gloves' etc etc. and i just read a post about someone asking us to write up a schedule for him, even though he is part of a boxing gym. the best poeple to ask are from your own boxing gym, because they know how hard you work, your skill level etc.

also, for all you beginners, before you start new posts asking about which foot to put in front, stance, power, punching, all the basic S*** basically, make use the search tool to read up on it, or you could spend 15 minutes on the internet finding all the information out, because that way is much more time efficient for yourselves (since yo dont have to wait for users to reply to your questions, you can have the information given to you).

so before you post. think.

it still surprises me that some of you say that you attend boxing gyms, yet you ask the most basic of questions.

take it easy
I agree. members should read ya post.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Fearless
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Fearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud of
Total Points: 100,000,046,612.32

You should keep in mind that people would like to get as much information as possible, even if it means going to different sources outside their boxing gym.

I know me for instance have asked people how to execute a jab properly in the past (online on forums), and also few may remember about my post asking about sparring with a reach problem.

I asked that question on rossboxing.com too... i just want as much information as possible, and then applying it.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:53 AM
MickyHatton
PaThFiNdEr

Rep Power: 33 MickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond reputeMickyHatton has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,202,301.67

I didn't realise it offended anyone if people post questions on here, if you dont like it dont read them and **** off!