Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 38,932,130,396,952.56
Total Points: 40,187,452,008,500.77
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
you guys are such fan boys that you can't look at a fight or fighter rationally.Cotto looked great against Mayweather, even though he lost. However, it is not uncommon for an aging fighter such as Cotto to get old over night. It happens.
You add to the fact that he probably didn't train properly like Hunter suggested and you could see why the apparent slip. That certainly didn't seem like the Cotto of old in there.. None the less, you have to give Trout some props for taking on a big name like Cotto in his backyard and beating him. I wouldn't call this a career defining match for Trout however.. Just a match against the perfet opponent at the time to catapult him into stardom. Kind of like when Mayweather fought De La Hoya.
Who am I a fan of exactly?? And which fighter am I not looking at rationally?? It sounds like you're trying to say Cotto did get old over night. Get the hell out of my tread with your accusations & the good ole old overnight crap, thanks.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM
TheBoxingBanger
Contender

Rep Power: 6 TheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoxingBanger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,000,028,482.20
Default @ts

I didn't think Cotto was washed up before nor after.

I still think Cotto has some good fights left.

I DO think Cotto has lost the discipline to make weight at 147, and thus, is robbing himself of monster upcoming paydays, like Pac, Bradley, Rios, Matthyesse, Alexander, Khan, and so on.

Cotto can clearly make 147 and could dominate, where as at 154 he just isn't big enough with the wrong style to fight against long lanky guys who box.