Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Beater_of_ass
male ass that is

Rep Power: 13 Beater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,100,004.37
great poster - jas atg poster - jas 
Default HBO Testing.

I watched The Fight Game with Lampley after the Pac/JMM IV replay and HBO or at least Lampley were on quite a high horse calling for boxers/promoters to clean up the sport. Why don't they either pay for their own testing done by USADA or VADA seeing as how they want to make as much money as possible I don't see that happening or they can just take it out of the fighters purse. Either way they would force mandatory testing on the fighter if they want to get paid.

Cheaters will always be ahead of the game and every sport will always have "dirty" guys, but it would actually force something universal on the sport without having a governing body to do so. HBO is boxing, Showtime is as well but without HBO backing it, it simply wouldn't be half as popular as it is today at least in America. I wish HBO would just their leverage a little more, for the good of the sport, they have been doing that somewhat recently though.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Fetta
nob cheese

Rep Power: 0 Fetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these partsFetta is infamous around these parts
Bank: 343,477,735.95
Total Points: 521,468,649,096.51
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks couldnt green you so you get a medal instead - Rapid Counter you're in the green, have a burger and celebrate amigo - sugarsmosley 

Because Arum and Pac said no for years and HBO was not about to crap on one of their gooses. Now that Pac got KO'd everyone jumping on the testing train and maybe HBO feels that if they jump on it too it may seem a bit like favortism. Just my 2 cents off a whim cause never thought of it this way
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 30 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,107,972,012,644.38
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Knows his stuff - jas 

If they were to do something like that, they would have to coordinate with Showtime so both networks can do drug testing. If only HBO does it, all the cheaters will move to Showtime, which is probably a large portion, and HBO would be left with having to air a dozen Donaire fights each year. It wouldn't be fair for HBO to do it alone.

This is the same problem with states adopting better testing. If Nevada suddenly starts doing more stringent testing, everyone will just fight somewhere else and Vegas will lose business.

Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-04-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 60 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 539,034,276,586,380.19
Total Points: 539,034,276,697,624.88
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

I think it's something that can be done by both the networks and promoters.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
ElBossHogg™
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,254,182,116.66
Total Points: 42,254,218,065.97
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier No Message - ElBossHogg boss poster - I'm so sorry gif maker king - HUGH JASS For the amazing sig work. - Garcia's Dad 
For the GIF! - komodo Have 1 more. - komodo ....and another. - komodo welcome back - bigsmoothh Good to see  you back vato - hectari 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bigsmoothh 

Only reason HBO now are like drug cheats this or that is cause their golden goose Pacquaio (Who pulls relatively the same amount of ratings as mayweather and cost cheaper then mayweather and fights twice a year) was against testing and to not **** that up with him they ignore the whole darma, but now their grey goose been dismantled so they have every plan to have him fight again and to lessen the blow of being KO why not put the cloud of doubt over the Victory over Pacquaio.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
RlCKY
Grade 10

Rep Power: 33 RlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,387,372,925.03
Total Points: 5,387,394,560.05
have an apple.............. - bigsmoothh haha good picture - RossCA Happy New Year RICKY.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Years to you and yours bro! :beerchug: - jose830 hilarious thread - jas 

They're all cheating; ok well maybe not all but I'd bet that most top level athletes in the world are taking something to enhance their performance at their sport.

Whether it's legal substances, illegal and they know how to pass the tests. Not many athletes' triumphs are the result of hard work and passion anymore.

Boxers just wanna win fights and get paid, they don't wanna prove who is the best. People playing team sports just want to stay healthy and collect checks, they don't care about winning championships.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
FlatLine
Lights out.

Rep Power: 7 FlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,939,375,396,759.06
for there Cotto/Trout video. - jose830 Khan's Army - Box-Office Funny troll thread maker - jas 

It's an idea, especially with the testing methods steadily improving and speeding up I could see it happening in the future. Technology is improving all the time, it took years to map the human genome, now it can be done in a month, in a few years you'll be able to do it in a day for $100.

But having said that, the fact is that it wouldn't be in the best interests of HBO for anyone to be caught cheating - it means they lose money. Would they even reveal accurate results if someone was caught, or would they let the fight go on so they still make their projected revenue? Probably the latter.

The network is interested in making money, a positive drug test would be like shooting themselves in the foot.