Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who is the GOAT?
Muhammad Ali 19 17.43%
Sugar Ray Robinson 43 39.45%
Joe Louis 7 6.42%
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. 8 7.34%
Julio Cesar Chavez 32 29.36%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 01-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Wiley Hyena
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Wiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 230,499.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
Older boxers are allowed shamelessly pad their record. It's unbelievable how two faced boxing fans are. If one of today's fighters pads his record he's considered a bum chaser, the older guys on the other hand can do it all they want. Julio fought a guy who was 6-2 in the middle of his career. What exactly is the excuse for that?
31 title fight victories does not constitute a pad. That's the kind of granite that greatness is built upon. lol
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Wiley Hyena
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Wiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 230,499.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
¿WHAT? umm ok? but you still did not address the statement that Duran is the best Mexican boxer of all time but from sillyness your responce i will not waste my time any longer. Too bad because i was up for a good logical debate, but that is NOT going to happen here. Good day my friend
Ok. I'll answer the question. This poll is about who is the GOAT, not about who is the greatest Mexican boxer of all time. Is it possible that we could have a Mexican GOAT that is not the greatest Mexican boxer of all time? Yes indeed. It is possible. To be the GOAT, one has to have the numbers behind him. Chavez has that. Duran also has great numbers, but not quite up there with Chavez or Robinson. But, this is not to say that Duran could not beat either Chavez or Robinson on any given day. Duran could beat anybody in his weight class on any given day. He was a great, great fighter.

What your question comes down to is the difference between ATG and GOAT. I hope I've addressed that for you because it seems to be causing alot of confusion to many.