Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who is the GOAT?
Muhammad Ali 19 17.43%
Sugar Ray Robinson 43 39.45%
Joe Louis 7 6.42%
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. 8 7.34%
Julio Cesar Chavez 32 29.36%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Wiley Hyena
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Wiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 236,710.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossCA View Post
He was the greatest Mexican boxer ever, but not the G.O.A.T.
Is this an indictment of Mexican boxing?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Wiley Hyena
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Wiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond repute

Let's try this: undefeated Hector Camacho v prime Chavez
a sample
Old 12-31-2012, 07:50 PM
U_TALKING_2_ME?
R U TALKING 2 ME?!

Rep Power: 6 U_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 237,048,359.39
No Message - U_TALKING_2_ME? you're a hero bro - DosRounds 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - U_TALKING_2_ME? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
Chavez is not even the greatest Mexican Boxer of all time, that honor also goes to Duran, his father was Mexican
Why is it that no one has addressed this? Chavez is the greatest boxer born in Mexico but not the best Mexican boxer of all time. Duran is half Mexican like myself (my Mom is Mexican) and no one can say that i am not Mexican just because i am half
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Wiley Hyena
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Why is it that no one has addressed this? Chavez is the greatest boxer born in Mexico but not the best Mexican boxer of all time. Duran is half Mexican like myself (my Mom is Mexican) and no one can say that i am not Mexican just because i am half
lol Gotta be full blood Mexican to fight like Chavez. That's the rule. You get to be a Mexican, but you can't fight like Chavez. Unless you were thinking of winning your first 87 professional fights in a row, then you should be happy.

But, on a more serious note, you'll see from the above video what prime Chavez brought to the table. Flashy v Reality. And Chavez was the reality. LOL
Old 12-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Boxing Bob
Mexico = GOAT :mexico1:

Rep Power: 0 Boxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,037,034.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
That is a disingenious argument.

King Rome's opinion doesn't count because its flawed. Even a committedly biased poster such as yourself can see that.

My position regarding the history section is already on record. They will note this thread. If somebody in there wants to run it, they can create one of their own. IMO this is the forum for this thread right now.

edit: BoxingBob: please tell me all the distinctively successful boxing styles that you have observed?
there are many distinctively successful boxing styles. There is the safety first and rely on your coordination and speed (Whitaker, Mayweather, Pep), there's come forward at all costs and count on your own punches (Pryor, Pac), there's the keep a tight defense and work that body (McCallum, Chavez Sr), there's the work everything off the jab (Larry Holmes), there's use your size to keep you opponent at bay (Wlad, Lewis), There's use subtle defense and use superior counter punching (Duran, JMM), there's see if you can take more punishment than your opponent (Saad Muhamed, Holyfield, Frazier, Marciano), There's the few guys that do everything well (Ali, Leonard, Robinson, Ricardo Lopez- who I think was p4p as good of a fighter as I've seen, hows that for Mexican prejudice?). There are many more
Old 12-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Wiley Hyena
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Bob View Post
there are many distinctively successful boxing styles. There is the safety first and rely on your coordination and speed (Whitaker, Mayweather, Pep), there's come forward at all costs and count on your own punches (Pryor, Pac), there's the keep a tight defense and work that body (McCallum, Chavez Sr), there's the work everything off the jab (Larry Holmes), there's use your size to keep you opponent at bay (Wlad, Lewis), There's use subtle defense and use superior counter punching (Duran, JMM), there's see if you can take more punishment than your opponent (Saad Muhamed, Holyfield, Frazier, Marciano), There's the few guys that do everything well (Ali, Leonard, Robinson, Ricardo Lopez- who I think was p4p as good of a fighter as I've seen, hows that for Mexican prejudice?). There are many more
I'm glad for your great post, Bob. Now, enjoy this fight. I post it to wish everybody a very happy new year. And, I hope it clearly comes thru. This is JCC v Meldrick Taylor. A contrast of great styles if there ever was one. For the youngsters, Taylor was an undefeated, a prior US olympic medalist, and considered to be the best of his generation when this fight took place. In fact, he was considered unbeatable. He was. And, then he met prime Chavez. Pay close attention to the deleterious effects of the body damage beginning in round 6. This was fight of the year in 1990. Enjoy.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 PM
U_TALKING_2_ME?
R U TALKING 2 ME?!

Rep Power: 6 U_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond reputeU_TALKING_2_ME? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 237,048,359.39
No Message - U_TALKING_2_ME? you're a hero bro - DosRounds 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - U_TALKING_2_ME? 

Quote:
lol Gotta be full blood Mexican to fight like Chavez. That's the rule. You get to be a Mexican, but you can't fight like Chavez. Unless you were thinking of winning your first 87 professional fights in a row, then you should be happy.

But, on a more serious note, you'll see from the above video what prime Chavez brought to the table. Flashy v Reality. And Chavez was the reality. LOL
¿WHAT? umm ok? but you still did not address the statement that Duran is the best Mexican boxer of all time but from sillyness your responce i will not waste my time any longer. Too bad because i was up for a good logical debate, but that is NOT going to happen here. Good day my friend
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 20 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,086,862.92
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 

Quote:
duran identifies himself as panamanian first and foremost though. he doesn't even give a **** about his dad because his dad never gave a **** about him. duran belongs to panama.

"the country [panama] where i was born, i lived, and i will die." - roberto duran
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Boxing Bob
Mexico = GOAT :mexico1:

Rep Power: 0 Boxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,037,034.14

Quote:
I'm glad for your great post, Bob. Now, enjoy this fight. I post it to wish everybody a very happy new year. And, I hope it clearly comes thru. This is JCC v Meldrick Taylor. A contrast of great styles if there ever was one. For the youngsters, Taylor was an undefeated, a prior US olympic medalist, and considered to be the best of his generation when this fight took place. In fact, he was considered unbeatable. He was. And, then he met prime Chavez. Pay close attention to the deleterious effects of the body damage beginning in round 6. This was fight of the year in 1990. Enjoy.

One of Chavezs three greatest wins (along with the Camacho and Rosario wins). Hyena, I swear I'm not an azzhole, and I'm not prejudice, I just don't think Chavez is the GOAT, that all.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Sumthang bit me
Right in the buttocks

Rep Power: 58 Sumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond reputeSumthang bit me has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,919,983,856,172.47
Total Points: 5,932,034,576,053.43
your a good poster. - RJJ The Truth Thanks for your time amigo - anonymousboxing Top Notch Poster - Perro salud homie - Makavelli I know, I would of shit all over Cotto if it was him. - Ch@mpBox@PR 
No KO but still a nice win for your man Pwill! - BattlingNelson For speakin the truth homey - mangler the ownage on your thread deserves a drink - Makavelli Top poster. Cheers big dawg - mangler Here's to real talk - MANGLER 
Viva los Fish Tacos - Libido Sanchez flomo killa deserves a beer - -pound4pound- pinoys and mexicans dont just drink 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- smart mofo, a gift homie, that is all - Tha_Greatest You hold the record for quickest ban, congrats!!! - WarFace 
great poster, keep owning the racists that lurk this forum - Band-Aid have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier still dropping pwns daily - -MAKAVELLI- keep exposing the catchweight king FM - hectari stay gold - sugarsmosley 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldSugar
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiley Hyena

Look. Stop with the games. Those ole 1900 guys were tuff. Of course. But, they don't qualify as modern athletes, and you know it. Otherwise, my guy Jim Jeffries would be the GOAT. If you wanna argue, then argue, but don't get silly.

What is silly about them being greater than Louis? Start a poll I dare ya
don Hutson>>>jerry rice

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android