Julio Cesar Chavez: GOAT - Page 11 - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Who is the GOAT?
Muhammad Ali 19 17.43%
Sugar Ray Robinson 43 39.45%
Joe Louis 7 6.42%
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. 8 7.34%
Julio Cesar Chavez 32 29.36%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 02:06 AM #101
Wiley Hyena Wiley Hyena is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,057
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
Wiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 277,562.69
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 277,562.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyh1015 View Post
You think anyone would have beat a prime Roy jones? Roy jones GOAT HANDS DOWN!!! End thread!
So you think Roy ought to be on the list?
Wiley Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-31-2012, 02:07 AM #102
Imatroll Imatroll is offline
I AM NOT A TROLL
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,625
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19
Imatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,100,295,898.36
Bank: 465,090,650,730.80
Total Points: 475,190,946,629.16
Default

Where's Broner on teh list
Imatroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:15 AM #103
GoldSugar GoldSugar is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
GoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these parts
Points: 32,160.57
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 32,160.57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
Nice post Gold. Roy was the most overrated juicer of all time. I'd say even Floyd whips him. Talk about a cherry picker! Whew. He set the stage for the modern day business plan. Did he have some moves...of course. Fast as a bulge eyed cat. But, HOF doesn't mean ATG. And, ATG doesnt mean GOAT. No numbers, no GOAT.
I think Robinson or Armstrong is the GOAT
GoldSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 AM #104
Welsh Jon Welsh Jon is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,213
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Welsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,560,555,791,376.30
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,560,555,791,376.30
Default

If we are simply going by the numbers on boxrec then Jimmy Wilde was 91-0-1 before losing to Tancy Lee.

I don't believe that Wilde was greater than Robinson or JCC but apparently number don't lie...
Welsh Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 AM #105
Skittlez Skittlez is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,246
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Skittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 249,018.25
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 249,018.25
No Message - Fire and Fear one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. Where is Tiger??????? - mathed tiger uppercut! - joesaiditstrue No woner you're in the red. Now go fuck yourself in the ass - RossCA 
Name it Lennox - dan_cov Worst poster since Frank Sucketts - dan_cov biased - happyman hate troll - waste of space - Simurgh For the most stupid yet entertaining poster around! Enjoy! - Simurgh 
youre actually not a bad poster, i just find it funny how many kick me's you have. you dont deserve them imo - happyman deserves a kick for constant trolling and alts - I'm so sorry people want to kick you - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. Top 10 p4p NSB/ESB ATG - ArtThouFurious? 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 
Default

Detonatay Wilder have a 100% KO Ratio.

He is >than Wlad


Men lie, women lie, numbers don't lie.
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 AM #106
Welsh Jon Welsh Jon is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,213
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Welsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,560,555,791,376.30
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,560,555,791,376.30
Default

I used to think Ezzard Charles was one of the greatest boxers of all time. But luckily this thread has enlightened me. He just doesn't have the numbers.

It doesn't matter that he beat a ****load of hall of famers from middleweight to heavyweight. It doesn't matter that he was the best light-heavyweight in the strongest ever era of light-heavies. It doesn't matter that he was forced to move up to heavyweight to finally get a title shot, where he managed to beat the great Joe Louis for the belt.

All that matters is he lost in his 16th fight. It doesn't matter that he lost to a pro of over 100 fights who had only just lost the middleweight world title. All that matters is he lost in his 16th fight, whereas JCC went 80+ fights without defeat.

In fact Ezzard Charles' career record is 93-25-1 with a KO percentage of less than 50%! So he clearly doesn't have the numbers to be in a poll for the GOAT.

How could I have been so stupid to rank him so highly?
Welsh Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 PM #107
Wiley Hyena Wiley Hyena is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,057
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
Wiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 277,562.69
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 277,562.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Jon View Post
I used to think Ezzard Charles was one of the greatest boxers of all time. But luckily this thread has enlightened me. He just doesn't have the numbers.

It doesn't matter that he beat a ****load of hall of famers from middleweight to heavyweight. It doesn't matter that he was the best light-heavyweight in the strongest ever era of light-heavies. It doesn't matter that he was forced to move up to heavyweight to finally get a title shot, where he managed to beat the great Joe Louis for the belt.

All that matters is he lost in his 16th fight. It doesn't matter that he lost to a pro of over 100 fights who had only just lost the middleweight world title. All that matters is he lost in his 16th fight, whereas JCC went 80+ fights without defeat.

In fact Ezzard Charles' career record is 93-25-1 with a KO percentage of less than 50%! So he clearly doesn't have the numbers to be in a poll for the GOAT.

How could I have been so stupid to rank him so highly?
I hear your logic loud and clear. Perhaps Ezzerd was the greatest boxer to ever lace on gloves. Perhaps. Perhaps not. Surely, the same argument can be made for a host of ATGs. George Foreman for one.

The flaw in your logic is that it is subjective and opinions are always debatable. At the end of the day, statistics have to be the difference because they give a factual determination to a fighter's entire career. In this respect Ezzerd doesn't stand a chance with fighters such as Chavez, Robinson, Duran...etc... Number of World Titles, number of Title defenses, length of reign, unbeaten streaks....these are all indicators of true greatness throughout a career.
Wiley Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:40 PM #108
Boxing Bob Boxing Bob is offline
Mexico = GOAT :mexico1:
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,662
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Boxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these parts
Points: 5,039,750.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,039,750.14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
I hear your logic loud and clear. Perhaps Ezzerd was the greatest boxer to ever lace on gloves. Perhaps. Perhaps not. Surely, the same argument can be made for a host of ATGs. George Foreman for one.

The flaw in your logic is that it is subjective and opinions are always debatable. At the end of the day, statistics have to be the difference because they give a factual determination to a fighter's entire career. In this respect Ezzerd doesn't stand a chance with fighters such as Chavez, Robinson, Duran...etc... Number of World Titles, number of Title defenses, length of reign, unbeaten streaks....these are all indicators of true greatness throughout a career.
you can rant on and on about numbers, but GOAT status is decided by hard core boxing fans and not many agree with you (almost none who aren't Mexican). No way in hell the fighter considered to be the GOAT failed in his biggest test (Whitaker). I know the official scorecard says a draw, but once again every hardcore boxing fan knows Whitaker won, handily
Boxing Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:46 PM #109
Wiley Hyena Wiley Hyena is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,057
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
Wiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 277,562.69
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 277,562.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Bob View Post
you can rant on and on about numbers, but GOAT status is decided by hard core boxing fans and not many agree with you (almost none who aren't Mexican). No way in hell the fighter considered to be the GOAT failed in his biggest test (Whitaker). I know the official scorecard says a draw, but once again every hardcore boxing fan knows Whitaker won, handily
Well your opinion is just an opinion..and a crappy one at that. I love the statement that only the Mexicans agree with me. LOL Who are you, the great Kreskin? Have your racist crystal ball with you right now?

I think its ironic that you make this post, and yet the poll places Chavez above Ali. Stick that in your racist crystal ball and look into it deeply.
Wiley Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:55 PM #110
Boxing Bob Boxing Bob is offline
Mexico = GOAT :mexico1:
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,662
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Boxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these parts
Points: 5,039,750.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,039,750.14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
Well your opinion is just an opinion..and a crappy one at that. I love the statement that only the Mexicans agree with me. LOL Who are you, the great Kreskin? Have your racist crystal ball with you right now?

I think its ironic that you make this post, and yet the poll places Chavez above Ali. Stick that in your racist crystal ball and look into it deeply.
you mad? I got an idea, put this post in the boxing history section, you know the place, where long time boxing fans post, dare ya
Boxing Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
cesar, chavez:, goat, julio

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.