Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,005,301,324.69
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The "I hate Tyson" award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonBomb View Post
Few things to address:

Tyson was the youngest heavyweight champion, Patterson was the youngest undisputed heavyweight champion. There was only one heavyweight title when Patterson fought but multiple belts when Tyson was around. Mike beat a champion in Trevor Berbick to win his title, that makes him a champion. He became undisputed champion at the age of 21, making him the second youngest undisputed champion ever.
Berbick was never a heavyweight champion. He was a beltholder. Neither he, nor anyone that he defeated, beat Holmes or Spinks. Same goes for Smith and Tucker. Tyson wasn't the undisputed champion until he beat Spinks at age 23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonBomb View Post
Tyson biting Holyfield was not him quitting ... he was pissed at hell that nothing was being done about his intentional - not incidental or accidental- but intentional headbutts. He won the first fight because of them and when Tyson gained some momentum he resumed the same disgraceful, cheating tactic from the first fight. Mike wasn't going to take it anymore and lost it.

That isn't "quitting" or looking for a way out like what Vitali Klitschko or Zab Judah have done ... Tyson even commented in the post fight interview that he wanted to fight.
If what you're saying is true about the headbutts being deliberate, then Tyson should have fouled Holyfield back in a way that wasn't guaranteed to get him disqualified. Tyson was a master at throwing elbows, but I don't remember anyone biting off a part of his anatomy. Tyson landed savage elbows on Frank Bruno in their first fight... did that give Bruno the right to eat Tyson in their rematch?

Or maybe, just maybe, big bad Mike Tyson should have, I don't know, knocked Holyfield out to make him pay for the headbutts?

Iron Mike- The Baddest Man on the Planet- the monster from the streets of Brooklyn... can't handle a few dirty tricks. Funny how after he was DQ'd he wanted to charge at Holyfield- the "hold me back" trick as Teddy Atlas called it.

He quit.
He wanted the fight to be over, but he wanted to retain the "I'm a crazy lunatic" mantle he had built up over the years. Only TysonTards like yourself think otherwise.

Last edited by SBleeder; 01-03-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM
likeamulekick
Contender

Rep Power: 5 likeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 173,213.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
Berbick was never a heavyweight champion. He was a beltholder. Neither he, nor anyone that he defeated, beat Holmes or Spinks. Same goes for Smith and Tucker. Tyson wasn't the undisputed champion until he beat Spinks at age 23.

If what you're saying is true about the headbutts being deliberate, then Tyson should have fouled Holyfield back in a way that wasn't guaranteed to get him disqualified. Tyson was a master at throwing elbows, but I don't remember anyone biting off a part of his anatomy. Tyson landed savage elbows on Frank Bruno in their first fight... did that give Bruno the right to eat Tyson in their rematch?

Or maybe, just maybe, big bad Mike Tyson should have, I don't know, knocked Holyfield out to make him pay for the headbutts?

Iron Mike- The Baddest Man on the Planet- the monster from the streets of Brooklyn... can't handle a few dirty tricks. Funny how after he was DQ'd he wanted to charge at Holyfield- the "hold me back" trick as Teddy Atlas called it.

He quit.
He wanted the fight to be over, but he wanted to retain the "I'm a crazy lunatic" mantle he had built up over the years. Only TysonTards like yourself think otherwise.
Tyson never got angry at douglas, lewis, williams because he felt he was beat by pure boxing and said it after each fight but tyson was frustrated with the hold push and smother technique that botha and holyfield used, when you see him bite him the second time he eggs holfield to come on and fight. Also the round he bit him the first time he was having his best round until holyfield went back to holding, so tyson bit the barstard! Tyson was dirty though but he elbowed guys he was beating on the scorecards just because he dint like being held not because he was losing
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeamulekick View Post
Tyson never got angry at douglas, lewis, williams because he felt he was beat by pure boxing and said it after each fight but tyson was frustrated with the hold push and smother technique that botha and holyfield used, when you see him bite him the second time he eggs holfield to come on and fight. Also the round he bit him the first time he was having his best round until holyfield went back to holding, so tyson bit the barstard! Tyson was dirty though but he elbowed guys he was beating on the scorecards just because he dint like being held not because he was losing
I see. If one fighter is getting frustrated and beaten by tactics that don't allow him to be effective, he's justified in biting his opponent.

It's a good thing Sonny Liston didn't subscribe to this philosophy. He would have eaten Clay's entire left leg. Pass the barbecue sauce, please.

Last edited by SBleeder; 01-04-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,179,327.27
Total Points: 120,119,292,170.31
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Tyson almost did that himself, in a press conference leading up to the Lewis fight. He reportedly bit Lewis' leg. Yeah enough with the Tyson excuses. Nobody's denying Holyfield's illegal tactics. That doesn't justify biting someone. Nothing does. There's no defense for what Tyson did.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 PM
likeamulekick
Contender

Rep Power: 5 likeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond reputelikeamulekick has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 173,213.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
I see. If one fighter is getting frustrated and beaten by tactics that don't allow him to be effective, he's justified in biting his opponent.

It's a good thing Sonny Liston didn't subscribe to this philosophy. He would have eaten Clay's entire left leg. Pass the barbecue sauce, please.
lol ha ha nice. I do believe if som1 holds you, you do have the right to a feast on his ear, jus my opinion. Na tyson was an angry bastard and was more worried about inflicting pain than he was of quitting that fight.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:15 PM
orriray59
Up and Comer

Total Points: 2,449.29

Somewhere in the top 60, maybe. Top 10 as a HW.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
MidgeKelly
Amateur

Total Points: 146.78

He was a good fighter for a few years and remained a big draw for many years after he was any good. I wouldn't call him a great fighter.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Saint G Groves
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 Saint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,886.47

Tyson in his prime was a great fighter, but he's not an ATG for me
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 PM
orriray59
Up and Comer

Total Points: 2,449.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint G Groves View Post
Tyson in his prime was a great fighter, but he's not an ATG for me
He established himself as a clear ATG.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 AM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeamulekick View Post
lol ha ha nice. I do believe if som1 holds you, you do have the right to a feast on his ear, jus my opinion. Na tyson was an angry bastard and was more worried about inflicting pain than he was of quitting that fight.
If he didn't want to quit, he could have inflicted pain with his fists, not his teeth. But that would have required him to go to war with Holyfield for 12 rounds, and Tyson wanted none of that.