Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-29-2012, 04:11 AM
Check_hooks
The Don of NSB

Rep Power: 43 Check_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 496,542,926,472,697,088.00
Total Points: 497,542,926,572,702,848.00
for being skip bayless' neglected son - Antagonist have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Legend ass poster. Keeping dirty ass flomos on lockdown 24/7 - Neutral warrrrrrrrrrrrr pakyaw - Lotus Flower War Pac! - Talisayen 
Pac by brutal KO! - Talisayen best weekend ever - Fighting_Pride Pactard 4ever - -MARKAVELLI- Manny Manny Mannny - PAC-BOY No Message - Dehydrator 
Best dude wins - Capaedia you can name it lil pacquiao so you can shove it up your ass - xcaret IV check_hooks is the boss of all bosses - I'm so sorry check_hooks is a legend - thuggery I apologize it was uncalled for - Jloro 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley ATG poster - jas It's Pacquiaos, Put it in your mouth - BrushMyHair One of the greats - jas Great Loma vs GRJ Prediction - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Nemisis Gay and Lesbian Pride - NO PANIC! Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas 

I think that punch landed in the 5th round and Pac wasn't even hurt by it
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-29-2012, 04:16 AM
frosty-g
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 frosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,057,652.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari View Post
Check this he closes his eyes again, and JMM hits him with a powerful flush right hand, followed by a left hook snapping Pac's head sideways, and this left hook looks 100 times more powerful than the right hands JMM threw, he throws his entire weight into this and couldn't even drop Manny.

You evidently know absolutely nothing about punch technique or even the most basic fundamentals of physics (I'm talking like what a 10 year old would know)
Old 12-29-2012, 04:17 AM
hectari
Racist Floyd Fans Hate Me

Rep Power: 5843 hectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,023,698,849,384.15
Total Points: 26,023,698,941,636.46
Great job exposing these idiots - thuggery So you can kiss your favorite boxer's butt - ShoulderRoll pepsi on me... - PAC-BOY A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers brotha :afro: - Opinionated 
Some great posts - jas funny anti-pac and anti-floyd troll - jas one of the greats - sugarsmosley hilarious heavyweight pic thread lmao - jas he's one lucky wanker - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by el*** View Post
I tried to verify but its hard to tell, it could be it because it was a right hook pac threw that JMM countered, its hard to tell though from the live angle.

Anyways while reviewing it, I took this screen a split second before the KO punch. Just looking at their positions and all of the leverage JMM got on that overhand right, it is not that surprising that Pac got KOed by this shot:

I mean really, getting KOed from the above shot doesnt mean Pac is shot, that his chin is gone or that JMM had to have been on peds. Just look at the punch, its a perfect counter with maximum leverage and pac coming forward into it.
Yup, its a perfect counter, not lucky at all. Only difference is the muscle and power behind the punch. This time it landed with more force.

JMM has been able to land the same punch on Pacman multiple times in their previous fights. He even cut Manny with the same right hand lead.

The shot that questioned if Pac's chin is the same or JMM has new found power was the first knock down, it didn't even look that hard and Pac ate those type of looping shots from JMM many times, this time he dropped hard everyone was shocked.

Pacman made a stupid mistake by being aggressive, Freddie Roach is a horrible trainer when it comes to Pac fighting Marquez, if you noticed the best punch to counter Marquez lead right hand is Pac's similar lead left hand, Pac was confusing Marquez with the lead left, Pac threw this left hand multiple times against Oscar but he stopped doing it in his fights, and went back to being wild.

Roy Jones even said that Pac has to just throw one shot at a time and be patient because Marquez is a master counter puncher, he doesn't counter you with one shot like Mayweather does he will unload power combos on you like a bull fighter.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 AM
hectari
Racist Floyd Fans Hate Me

Rep Power: 5843 hectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,023,698,849,384.15
Total Points: 26,023,698,941,636.46
Great job exposing these idiots - thuggery So you can kiss your favorite boxer's butt - ShoulderRoll pepsi on me... - PAC-BOY A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers brotha :afro: - Opinionated 
Some great posts - jas funny anti-pac and anti-floyd troll - jas one of the greats - sugarsmosley hilarious heavyweight pic thread lmao - jas he's one lucky wanker - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty-g View Post
You evidently know absolutely nothing about punch technique or even the most basic fundamentals of physics (I'm talking like what a 10 year old would know)
So this punch combo doesn't look powerful at all, I bet you anything you are going to say JMM wasn't planted lol, doesn't matter look at the momentum even if he is in air he basically swings that left hook with all his body weight behind it snapping Pacman's head sideways.

I've seen Tyson, and Frazier knock guys out with leaping hooks.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:26 AM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 37 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,399,269,251.07
Total Points: 112,630,481,325.24
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
The problem with Pacquiao is he has no defense and was overconfident and too aggressive he was fighting the perfect fight in the first round with the head movement and throwing one punch at a time confusing Marquez, but I think he gets bored and has ADD and wants to finish guys off face, Pacman lacks patience he fights very frantic and wants the ko bad, he said that Marquez never hit him hard in their three fights so he felt eh this guy won't hurt me, you know Pacman was too confident in his chin, he even closes his eyes here to brace for the punch and instead of putting his hands up he drops them multiple times in the fight, he was playing with fire and he got caught by a more powerful marquez, everyone thought Marquez would get destroyed in the third fight but were shocked how buff he was compared to when he fought Mayweather.

Pacman's chin is no longer the same, it finally cracked, and the first knockdown showed it, he would get hit by that same looping overhand right from Marquez over a hundred times and never fall or get hurt bad.

Check this he closes his eyes again, and JMM hits him with a powerful flush right hand, followed by a left hook snapping Pac's head sideways, and this left hook looks 100 times more powerful than the right hands JMM threw, he throws his entire weight into this and couldn't even drop Manny.

Reason why that left hook looks so brutal is because Pacquiao thought he was safe at that point, he was relaxed and it's also difficult to brace in mid-air

the right overhand marquez threw was alot more powerful, it has to be, it's just physics, the strongest punch a human can muster or atleast the one with the most potential, is the one marquez threw to ko pacquiao(same punch he throws in the TS's gif but pacquiao didn't fall into the punch)

Last edited by TheHolyCross; 12-29-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:28 AM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 37 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,399,269,251.07
Total Points: 112,630,481,325.24
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
So this punch combo doesn't look powerful at all, I bet you anything you are going to say JMM wasn't planted lol, doesn't matter look at the momentum even if he is in air he basically swings that left hook with all his body weight behind it snapping Pacman's head sideways.

I've seen Tyson, and Frazier knock guys out with leaping hooks.
Ok, i agree with the other guy, you no next to nothing about the subject, not trying to be rude or pick on you, but it's a fact at this point
you lose power jumping/leaping
you generate the most power turning towards your core and going with gravity(thus widening of stance/getting low and varients of hooks are usually the most powerful punches around)

Last edited by TheHolyCross; 12-29-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 416,691,027,934,270.31
Total Points: 416,691,028,041,910.81
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

That's not the punch that KHTFO, This one he saw it and that's why he did get KO by it because you can see his neck reacting by stifling up in been ready for the punch to land, the other one he didn't see it and he couldn't react to it.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:50 AM
DreamFighter
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 DreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,022,335.80
Don't act so butthurt, princess - Weltschmerz kick this nasty little alt - Freedom. Spent way too much time on this one. Apart from hating on Klitschkos, no nothing about boxing. - Simurgh *knows :) - Simurgh alt - thuggery 
kick this little faqqot - Burzum kick this little faqqot - Burzum 

it would be next to impossible not to get KOed by that punch, Marquez has his full weight behind it and ALL being transferred right onto Pac's mandible. Pain alone would pass me out, I can say that safely.

Although I would like to add my part in the 'thats the wrong punch depicted' reaction too.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:15 AM
elgranluchadore
i did it

Rep Power: 8 elgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,147,796,971.97
Total Points: 150,022,647,849,987.03

looking back the ko punch was just the perfect punch, it doesnt get any more devastating
Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 217,122,956,772.95
Total Points: 240,623,463,451.74
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHolyCross View Post
Reason why that left hook looks so brutal is because Pacquiao thought he was safe at that point, he was relaxed and it's also difficult to brace in mid-air

the right overhand marquez threw was alot more powerful, it has to be, it's just physics, the strongest punch a human can muster or atleast the one with the most potential, is the one marquez threw to ko pacquiao(same punch he throws in the TS's gif but pacquiao didn't fall into the punch)
This. Lets also not forget there's almost a 20 pound difference in muscle from the fight he's showing that left hook from. The knockout blow was brutal. Pac's chin practically went back into his neck. Pac generates a lot or torque coming forward with his legs, so him basically running into it made it that much worse.

The right hand that dropped Pac early was also huge.. Juan sat down on it and hammered him. The fact Pac got up and recovered so quickly was amazing. He must have been in amazing shape and his chin isn't shot. Pac has always said JmM hits hard don't know why it's as if they act JMM was Paulie malignaggi...