Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-30-2012, 02:34 AM
richardt
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 richardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,005,142,842.56
great poster - thuggery Props for cutting for Roy Jones - Boxing Goat Great poster - Boxing Goat first ballot hof poster - sugarsmosley 

[QUOTE=***1048;ATAS;12869949]Stylistically, of course Cloud is perfect for Hopkins but at this age you never know..Hopkins can see everything and anticipate everything but his body may not be able to react fast enough. QUOTE]Thats a fair observation. I can take anything but having to witness Bhop being knocked out....I damn sure hope Hopkins retires before that happens. I just want to hear the final 12 round bell. If Hopkins gets really hurt, that is going to stay with me a long time. That kind of sad doesn't go away fast. I hope it goes the distance and Hopkins does not take any huge punishment. What a feat if he wins though.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-30-2012, 04:26 AM
Mr. Philadel
#215Boxing

Location: Everywhere you NEVER BEEN....I'm better than I've EVER BEEN!
Rep Power: 66 Mr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 912,156,791,215.19
Total Points: 954,057,493,282.34
Vodka &amp;amp; Red Bull for ya! - BattlingNelson for the green homey - NewYork For a super poster! - jazluvr hopkins finna whoop pascal AGAIN - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner 
No Message - arraamis respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Awesome post on Miguel Cotto...cheers! - jose830 Great post bro! keep up the good work. - codey 
just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Real recognize real. - SnakeVen0m Happy New Year - Freedom. philly swagg, walking BK outta the house - thuggery Team Swift all day! - KeepItObjective 
A+ poster,one of the very best. - Scott.Weiland. war bhop! - jas Congrats on the baby girl :fing02: - -jose- Good look - Shambrolic bhop &gt; kovalev - jas 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
We've been seeing "Nard" get stopped since 2001 when he was 35 and "Too Old". People need to accept that Hopkins is just a legend. You don't realize what you are watching right now, when he retires it'll hit you like "Oh sh-t, when the f-ck will I see a guy like that again?".

2001: Trinidad is going to knock Hopkins out[Trinidad got outboxed and got his 0 taken from him].

2005: Taylor will be too young and too active for Hopkins[close fight].

2006: Antonio Tarver[175 Ring Champion; Hopkins first fight at 175] will be too big, too powerful, Hopkins is getting killed. He needs to retire[Hopkins was 40 years old]. Tarver gets schooled.

2007: Winky Wright was favored to beat Hopkins[close fight, Hopkins won].

2008: Calzaghe was listed as -275 favorite. Decision was debatable, I thought Calzaghe won and Hopkins looked his 43 year old age.

2008: "Pavlik is going to kill Hopkins", Roach: Hopkins should retire, he's going to get seriously hurt by Pavlik. Pavlik was the overwhelming favorite among betting odds and boxing experts. The majority of predictions was Pavlik by KO/TKO. Hopkins schooled Pavlik and took his 0.

2010: Pascal -300 favorite to beat Hopkins. "Has the 23 years of boxing mileage finally taken its toll, and is Pascal really the fighter to send the ageless wonder into retirement?"[SBRForum].

2012: Dawson favored. Close fight but clear. This fight marked Hopkins' first clear loss since losing to Roy Jones in 1993.

2013: Cloud has about as much of a chance as Pavlik, at beating Hopkins. I expect people to know by now that Hopkins should be favored in most of his fights, especially against a style like this. After 11 years of being the underdog, people don't learn that it's actually Hopkins' opponents who are the underdog, even at 47/48 years old and being outweighed/fighting way younger top fighters.
green for you sir

B.Hop is all-time fav...my ace!!....but the oldman is a crazy dude...this is a VERY dangerous fight
Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 AM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Rep Power: 45 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,812,509,264,322,765.00
Total Points: 5,812,509,264,333,900.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyman View Post
will there be random testing?
I'm sure the commission will do it's job. But what are you implying?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:47 AM
stretchedout
Banned

Total Points: 12,849.21
banned alt - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Father time is nothing to be played with. Like I said I love B-Hop, but he's no spring chicken & IMO Cloud still has the great equalizer in droves. How much punishment can a 50 year old chin stand up to bro??
I want to say that Cloud is too tough for the old man, he should be thats for sure..... i want to say that its time for Hopkins to hang em up..... I want to say naaah, surely he couldnt do it, again.... but I cant.

Cloud by.....

..... nah, forget it.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:52 AM
stretchedout
Banned

Total Points: 12,849.21
banned alt - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
What the hell is wrong with you? Perhaps boxing isn't the right sport for you to follow if it offends your dainty sensibilities.

Or is it that you are a closet racist and can't resist the urge to disrespect any black boxer or trainer? Judging from a lot of your comments that would be my guess.

good call, edgarg is a proper twat
Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,912,405,561,323.60
Total Points: 54,942,638,677,376.17
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanSoldier View Post
I can't get the Campillo fight out of my head.

This one will be close in my opinion. Clouds higher activity and better physical attributes should overcome Hopkins' guile at times, but Hopkins is obviously smart enough to tag Cloud a lot in the same way Campillo did.

I predict a very hard to score fight, with half the rounds being neck and neck.
Yeah, eventually age catches up to everyone. This isn't a 39 year old Marquez going against a 33 year old Pac. This is a 48 year old Hopkins against a prime, still hungry 31 year old just coming off a bad fight, which will make him feel he has to redeem himself. Not the best time for BHop in my opinion.

I have a feeling he will lose this one and it might be the first clear loss in some time. It will be a year since his last fight, and it's impossible to keep going at the elite level forever. Impossible. Ageing is the one certainty in life.

I've said that in the past though. If Hopkins comes in looking still ok, then he will beat Cloud. As long as he doesn't take any right hands early on before warming up, he should figure him out quick enough.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,912,405,561,323.60
Total Points: 54,942,638,677,376.17
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarg View Post
This is the very first David interview which I regard as poor. It was not his fault, he is an excellent reporter and interviewer. But the two legged belly just had nothing to say other than a collectiion of vulgarities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
What the hell is wrong with you? Perhaps boxing isn't the right sport for you to follow if it offends your dainty sensibilities.

Or is it that you are a closet racist and can't resist the urge to disrespect any black boxer or trainer? Judging from a lot of your comments that would be my guess.
I think it has something more to do with him just being a moron.

That and his weird obsequiousness toward TR and Arum. Could be a fetish for crusty, old men. Really don't know.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 AM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 61 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,235,966,800,184,288.50
Total Points: 1,235,971,807,686,724.00
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 

BHop threw like 5 punches in his last fight, you're not beating anyone throwing less punches than there are rounds.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:09 AM
Spray_resistant
Probably Top 10 In my Era

Rep Power: 107 Spray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,454,867,006.30
Total Points: 6,030,611,466,016.67
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest for you and vanity to use - Hi-Dro 
Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier for a friend - xi! one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays to you are your gorgeous missus. x x x - *Boss Lady* Happy New Year - Freedom. 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy holidays bro! - led* valuable addition to the training forum - jas 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Send a message via AIM to Spray_resistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
BHop threw like 5 punches in his last fight, you're not beating anyone throwing less punches than there are rounds.
Chad is a younger also defensive boxer, Cloud will give B-hop many more countering opportunities Dawson didn't.