Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,694,990,569,811,127.25
Total Points: 1,724,210,685,940,396.25
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
while they are untested and have been getting too much credit too soon (with the exception of lara) i dont think they are overrated. they are as good prospects as boxing has seen in recent years, ppl just forget that they are no more than that. prospects. again, with the exception of lara.

truly overrated fighters are JCCjr, kessler, pacquiao and bundgrage (even what little hype he gets is too much).

underrated fighters include:

adamek, burns, geale

alexander (he proved himself all over again since losing to bradley but ppl refuse to acknowledge it)

marquez (everyone knows hes great, but most ppl dont realise just how great he is)

stevenson (some holes in his game and still untested, but still deserves more credit than he gets. froch has a good reason to put their fight on ice for now but someone needs to step up and give adonis his shot already)
Yeah that's why I said at this stage of their careers. With the exception of Lara

I think Golovkin and Rigondeaux are good fighters with good potential but how they are viewed at this point whilst proving almost nothing, I consider overrated. That doesn't mean they can't go on to do something, but, at this point, they're overrated IMO.

Lara I just think is overrated in general. He's a good fighter but he's no where near as good as people make out on here.

Agreed on Burns, he's definitely underrated.

Salido's quite underrated IMO. Less so since the Juanma wins.

I'd say Molina, despite having an ugly and spoiler-esque style, is underrated.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-25-2012, 10:24 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,868,750.26
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Also, Broner is overrated by the RING. But it's funny how DeMarco became a bum when TS and Maniac both picked him to "End the Broner hype train". Yeah that didn't work out so well......
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 20,658,684,965,520.42
Total Points: 21,914,006,541,001.80
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

I agree with the original list except for Castillo. He doesn't have it any more.

Marez is definitely underrated. He'll beat Donaire & Rigo imo.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Mneronava
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Mneronava has a spectacular aura aboutMneronava has a spectacular aura aboutMneronava has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 2,544.58

Overrated:
Ward
Broner
Manny
Canelo

Underrated:
Marquez
Trout
And in some circles-Floyd.

That's my list just off the top of my head. I bet people will have most issue with me say ward is overrated. I've known him for years, I think he's great but all this p4p talk is premature. He hasn't been in a great fight yet with the chips down. Broner is pretty good, but people want to believe the hype due to his persona and the whole swag posturing. Young fans mostly. And manny was just ktfo by his most disputed rival and manny fans (I'm PAC fan too) carry on as if he is still the greatest and that it was a fluke. That ko resolved tons of disputes about his roll and stature in the jmm vs manny rivalry.

And I'm not a Floyd fan, but I'd pretty much never bet against him. You can't, he is that good. He doesn't "beat" people but he always wins. And that's what matters.

Nero

"Pacquaio has become so mesmerizing in the ring that his fans and followers have become irrational" -Lampley
Old 12-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 20,658,684,965,520.42
Total Points: 21,914,006,541,001.80
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mneronava View Post
Overrated:
Ward
Broner
Manny
Canelo

Underrated:
Marquez
Trout
And in some circles-Floyd.

That's my list just off the top of my head. I bet people will have most issue with me say ward is overrated. I've known him for years, I think he's great but all this p4p talk is premature. He hasn't been in a great fight yet with the chips down. Broner is pretty good, but people want to believe the hype due to his persona and the whole swag posturing. Young fans mostly. And manny was just ktfo by his most disputed rival and manny fans (I'm PAC fan too) carry on as if he is still the greatest and that it was a fluke. That ko resolved tons of disputes about his roll and stature in the jmm vs manny rivalry.

And I'm not a Floyd fan, but I'd pretty much never bet against him. You can't, he is that good. He doesn't "beat" people but he always wins. And that's what matters.

Nero

"Pacquaio has become so mesmerizing in the ring that his fans and followers have become irrational" -Lampley
How is Andre Ward overrated?? Did you mist the 1 sided beatings he dished out across his weightclass?? 1 of the deepest weightclasses in boxing??

Maybe it's because he gave those beatings in California?? Would they have not been the same anywhere else you think??
Old 12-25-2012, 12:10 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 20 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,086,300.43
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 

underrated: brian viloria
Old 12-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Jcsuper
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Jcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these partsJcsuper is infamous around these parts
Bank: 115,042,650.69
Total Points: 115,043,075.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
How is Andre Ward overrated?? Did you mist the 1 sided beatings he dished out across his weightclass?? 1 of the deepest weightclasses in boxing??

Maybe it's because he gave those beatings in California?? Would they have not been the same anywhere else you think??
thissss ^^^^^^
Old 12-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Mneronava
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Mneronava has a spectacular aura aboutMneronava has a spectacular aura aboutMneronava has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 2,544.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post

I don't understand the california parallel/correlation...
What do you mean?
Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Mato o Muero
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 24,416.99

Overrated

Marquez - I find him extremely overrated. Lost to Pacquiao three times. Pacquiao is a one dimensional fighter with a low boxing IQ and it took Marquez 4 fights to finally knock him out. Has been knocked down by mediocre fighters on multiple occasions. Got absolutely embarrassed by Floyd. That was one of the most one sided pathetic fights we've ever seen between two supposedly elite fighters. Went life and death with Juan Diaz and Joel Casamayor. Juan Diaz and Joel Casamayor for fuks sake.

Canelo - Not much to be said here as it's been said already many times. Was handed a title by Sulaiman and hasn't fought a legit 154 pounder in his life.

Mares - Does nothing special really, he's just a product of a weak division. His punching power is comparable to Paulie Malignaggi's punching power. Has never knocked out anyone decent. Donaire will spark him out easier than he sparked out Arce.

Danny Garcia - Slow plodding puncher with overrated boxing skill. Somehow he's the future of boxing because he knocked out Khan who has the worst chin I've ever seen and an old Erik Morales.

Underrated

Andre Ward - People always say he's only undefeated because he only fights at home. This makes no sense. He's never won a controversial decision and has dominated all the elite guys in his division. Future p4p champ, can't be stopped.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Frank Ducketts
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Frank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,010,361,294.43
One of the best posters here - Cállate! I noticed that the lady in your avatar has dirty knees, they are very distracting. Here's some wet wipes, please take care of that. - Cállate! No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
:lol1: :D - happyman Team Swift!(Honorary Member) - Mr. Philadel Will Hunting, It's not your fault, It's not your fault - Croyd It's not your fault, It truly isn't your fault ... - Croyd 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Wow I'm surprised. I thought a 5th Mexican would make the top 5 underrated not Froch, lmao! I also thought Hogg and Maniaballs would agree to 4 black fighters in the overrated department, but they sacrificed Canelo to make it seem objective, lmmfao!