Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-24-2012, 02:29 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,022,911,810,168,687.00
Total Points: 5,022,911,810,188,327.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our " diplomatic ambassador " on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 
Default Boxer of the Year: Nonito Donaire

(The following is an article by ESPN's Dan Rafael: )

Boxer of the Year: Nonito Donaire

“Filipino Flash” sets highest standard as a fighter in the ring and against PED use

It might sound strange, but no, Manny Pacquiao was not the best fighter from the Philippines in 2012. That honor goes to "The Filipino Flash," junior featherweight titlist Nonito Donaire, who had a year for the ages.

Donaire (31-1, 20 KOs) began the year having vacated his bantamweight belts and preparing to move up to junior featherweight. Four fights later, in an exceptionally busy year by modern standards for an elite champion, the quick-fisted and powerful Donaire stands atop the 122-pound division and was the easy pick for 2012 ESPN.com Boxer of the Year.

Donaire, 30, easily handled the move up in weight, winning all four of his fights in dominant fashion. He dropped each of his foes -- scoring seven knockdowns in all -- won twice by knockout and collected two world titles. Add to that his trailblazing approach to drug testing: He is the only fighter in the world who has signed on with the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association for random urine and blood testing 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This in an era when every great performance unfortunately comes under the suspicion of possible performance-enhancing drug use -- except, of course, Donaire's.

His attitude is refreshing.

"I don't mind it. I think it's a good for the sport and I am going to do it," Donaire said. "It's a good idea. I have nothing to hide. I would love for all fighters to follow me, but not everybody is like me."

In February, Donaire moved up in weight to face former titleholder Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. of Puerto Rico. He dropped Vazquez in the ninth round and rolled to a decision to win a vacant title.

In July, Donaire faced South Africa's Jeffrey Mathebula and dropped him in the fourth round, broke his jaw and won a lopsided decision to unify two belts.

Donaire vacated one of the titles but returned in October to face well-respected former titleholder Toshiaki Nishioka of Japan, who didn't have a title only because he had relinquished it. Donaire scored knockdowns in the sixth and ninth rounds en route to a lopsided ninth-round knockout.

And then, given the opportunity for a rare fourth fight in a year, Donaire, despite a bad left hand that had given him problems all year, squared off with former titlist Jorge Arce of Mexico. The result was Donaire's best showing of 2012: He dropped Arce in the second round, then twice more in the third, including landing a pulverizing left hook to the chin that knocked the challenger out cold.

It was the exclamation point on a year in which Donaire seized the mantle from Pacquiao, his idol, as the Philippines' best boxer and continued to assert himself as one of the best fighters in the world, period.

And you know what's scary?

After drilling Arce, Donaire said, "I believe I am still getting better."

(For the "other contenders" considered for ESPN's award, here's the link to the full article:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...nonito-donaire)
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-24-2012, 02:31 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 100 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 99,510,438,943,797.38
Total Points: 105,513,120,585,009.31
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

it sounds like kind of a back handed shot at marquez, given that he was the only other candidate, and there is so much suspicion surrounding his conditioning coach. he mentions PEDs in the first line of the article...
Old 12-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Jack Napier
Whores on Our Cul de Sac

Rep Power: 47 Jack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,701,919,532,783.54
Total Points: 4,702,919,554,228.05
welcome back pare - -JAWS- good man - Old Coward Cool Poster... - BritishBoxing92 parallelogram - TBear Stay up homie..Them Blue Parellograms is whats in style round these parts man - -FkkMeKJ- 
parollelogram sa inyo!! - Disposable Arts Blue parallelogram para sa iyo! - Chadmack BEER - jhacen parallelogram sa inyo!! - Blooper Have A Blue Parallelogram And &amp;quot;Keep Up&amp;quot; The Good Work LOL - RimmyDelicious 
for you homie - Tha_Greatest cheers! - led Beer pre - led my treat - KING MEAT back sa yo repaks - KING MEAT 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Jo94403 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -Kevin- Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ??? 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - The  Joker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Nonito is the man
next year, destroy Mares and that bitch Rigo
then go up to 126 and take over there
it's Nonito's time to run the show now
Old 12-24-2012, 02:35 PM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 29 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,107,971,963,500.76
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 

Originally had Marquez, but Lampley convinced me it should be Donaire for the being the first to do 365/24/7 olympic testing.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:36 PM
AFTER HOURS
Paul Hackett

Rep Power: 10 AFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond reputeAFTER HOURS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,097,981.89

Marquez juan vs Donaire at 126 lbs?
Old 12-24-2012, 02:39 PM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,216,196.61
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

I couldn't/wouldn't argue against it.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:39 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,022,911,810,168,687.00
Total Points: 5,022,911,810,188,327.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
it sounds like kind of a back handed shot at marquez, given that he was the only other candidate, and there is so much suspicion surrounding his conditioning coach. he mentions PEDs in the first line of the article...
Not sure what you mean. The rest of the article lists the remaining candidates (in order): Juan Manuel Marquez, Danny Garcia, Robert Guerrero, Leo Santa Cruz, Andre Ward, Brian Viloria and Carl Froch.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 PM
apocalypto
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 apocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,085,442.83

Thats some bullsht picking donaire over marquez bc of testing. Yet they dont mention that marquez was willing to take any test asked for aslong as pac did the same. And what a joke mares is not even mentioned after beating another p4p fighter in moreno
Old 12-24-2012, 02:49 PM
MJ223
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 MJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,719,315,157,910.90
Total Points: 8,725,315,233,823.94
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 Thanks MJ much appreciated - -Pull ma Finga- &quot;I see you pimp&quot; made me :lol1: - jose830 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

I'm surprised at the vote totals for the sportsnation poll....... I thought Marquez if not the outright winner would have been closer then he is
Old 12-24-2012, 02:54 PM
El Chicano
Juan Hitter Quitter

Rep Power: 35 El Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 530,651,001,855.51
Total Points: 530,651,090,292.20
No Message - T-97 happy 2000th - The Gully Gad oatmeal stout is what its about - el guason456 For being a true boxing fan! - Dorian Jotto runnin like a straight up bitch - {}{}MATADOR{}{} 
Happy b-day homey - mangler Happy Birfday! - Sweet Pea 50 Happy b day - Jewshua i forgot the beer.lol. Viva margacotto!!! - strugler A token of appreciation on your useful posts .. - Hard2kill 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Ch@mpBox@PR Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Spacey1991 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MexicanMauler Gay and Lesbian Pride - S K I N Gay and Lesbian Pride - S K I N 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
Marquez juan vs Donaire at 126 lbs?
Donaire's big enough to make the jump to Lightwieght.

Marquez is too old and big now to make Featherweight.

Marquez vs Donaire at 135.

That could be the breakout fight that could elevate Donaire to superstar status much like Pacquiao's two weight division jump to fight Oscar De La Hoya. But Marquez is not Oscar in terms of star status, although he is at his all time high in terms of popularity, having just KTFO Manny Pacquiao.

Marquez vs Donaire at 135. Make it Happen for 2013.