Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM
VatoMulatto
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 VatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 79,985,673,081.63
i like ur avatar - zab191 
Default Did the Klitschko brothers change the game?

The Klit brothers have domintated the heavyweight division for like a decade now. Some say it's because it's a weak era. I agree to a certain extent, but the main reason why they've been so successful is because of their size combined with great boxing skills. Their opponents just can't figure out how to deal with these skillful brothers who happens to be GIANTS.

Now this new generation of HW boxers make their move and some of the most hyped up boxers out there right now are David Price (6'8) Tyson Fury (6'9) Deontay Wilder (6'7) Helenius (6'7). Even if these boxers never make it all the way....Do you think they at least are representing the new heavyweight norm in size??

Will we ever see boxers the size of Tyson and Holyfield to be able to compete at the highest level again.....or is this what we have to get used to in the future? That pretty much all the top HW boxers will continue to be like 6'7 250 pounds??
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Deathknight88
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Deathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 100,077,369.97
kick this hateful troll - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatoMulatto View Post
The Klit brothers have domintated the heavyweight division for like a decade now. Some say it's because it's a weak era. I agree to a certain extent, but the main reason why they've been so successful is because of their size combined with great boxing skills. Their opponents just can't figure out how to deal with these skillful brothers who happens to be GIANTS.

Now this new generation of HW boxers make their move and some of the most hyped up boxers out there right now are David Price (6'8) Tyson Fury (6'9) Deontay Wilder (6'7) Helenius (6'7). Even if these boxers never make it all the way....Do you think they at least are representing the new heavyweight norm in size??

Will we ever see boxers the size of Tyson and Holyfield to be able to compete at the highest level again.....or is this what we have to get used to in the future? That pretty much all the top HW boxers will continue to be like 6'7 250 pounds??
We don't know until we see a great boxer like HOlyfield again and than see how he does against Fury/Price etc.

The issue is the gap between the 'big four' of SHWS and the rest is miles wide.

Big 4
Lewis
K2
Bowe

the rest

The skill gap between the first four and the likes of Fury/Mccline/Grant and all those other super heavys of the past and today is surreal. So maybe Lennox and K2 are just glitches rather than norm.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Jack Napier
Whores on Our Cul de Sac

Rep Power: 47 Jack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,204,082,969,138.38
Total Points: 6,205,082,991,347.89
welcome back pare - -JAWS- good man - Old Coward Cool Poster... - BritishBoxing92 parallelogram - TBear Stay up homie..Them Blue Parellograms is whats in style round these parts man - -FkkMeKJ- 
parollelogram sa inyo!! - Disposable Arts Blue parallelogram para sa iyo! - Chadmack BEER - jhacen parallelogram sa inyo!! - Blooper Have A Blue Parallelogram And &amp;quot;Keep Up&amp;quot; The Good Work LOL - RimmyDelicious 
for you homie - Tha_Greatest cheers! - led Beer pre - led my treat - KING MEAT back sa yo repaks - KING MEAT 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Jo94403 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -Kevin- Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ??? 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - The  Joker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Americans are a non factor in HW boxing now
the European dudes are all giants
the new era of HW's is skilled with amateur pedigrees and all that
but they're just too big and slow to produce a lot of fireworks
of the bunch, the Klits are by far the best, not only big, but good
don't think there will be anymore guys Tyson/Holyfield size running HW
Old 12-20-2012, 07:08 PM
House of Stone
BigDaddy

Rep Power: 15 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,582,161,572.34
Total Points: 276,632,257,243.68
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas knows his boxing - jas 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

i guarantee u if we had somebody like holyfield or tyson we would know it and they would give the klits hell just like an old semi retired lewis did. Fact is the standard is sucky ... i mean who have their opponents been lately ... thompson, mormeck haye charr wach - the klits are top class guys in an otherwise lousy division but there does seem to be a little up and coming talent at last

Last edited by House of Stone; 12-20-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:16 PM
FrankieBruno
GGG spanked my mom

Rep Power: 16 FrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,002,092,317.17
you're a good poster - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs take this lipstick f@g - Sugar Booger 
No Message - krazyn8tive pretend it's davey haye - Weltschmerz for taking the avi bet like a man - jas 

I cant take any HW serious who doesnt have a inside game, if a good HW from the past were here in this era i have no doubt Wlad would have been knocked out a few more times by now. The HW's of today both american and european are in poor shape (not the kilts), dont really have any skills, or the basic fundamentals on how to slip the jab, many have no heart. You look at the old HW's they were in great shape, and had heart.

I however give credit to young Vitali, he would have caused a problem for a lot of HW's, but he would also have lost a few fights.

Last edited by FrankieBruno; 12-20-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,748,909,741,757.38
Total Points: 1,748,918,676,657.19
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

A prime Holyfield was no joke. I believe either Klitschko would do much better against Lewis than they would have against a young Evander. Holyfield more than held his own with Bowe and Lewis. Bowe, for what it's worth, had a great inside game for a big guy, much better than the Klitschko's, and he could not neutralize Holyfield for the most part.

Tyson, contrary to popular opinion, would have struggled badly with either Klitschko. Tyson's biggest problem as a fighter was once he got to a certain point he did not like to fight on the inside and would allow himself to be tied up quite easily. More than a few guys who couldn't hold Wlad's jock were able to frustrate him this way and James Douglas showed that a big guy with an accurate jab could basically hit him at will and then smother the return fire.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:36 PM
VatoMulatto
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 VatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 79,985,673,081.63
i like ur avatar - zab191 

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Stone View Post
i guarantee u if we had somebody like holyfield or tyson we would know it and they would give the klits hell just like an old semi retired lewis did. Fact is the standard is sucky ... i mean who have their opponents been lately ... thompson, mormeck haye charr wach - the klits are top class guys in an otherwise lousy division but there does seem to be a little up and coming talent at last
Yeah...Hopefully someone as good as Holy or Tyson will come along in the near future so we can see just how much damaged a small very talented HW can do against these giants.