Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Travdog
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Travdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these partsTravdog is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 45,745.46

I love boxing and I love KO's but when I see a guy go to sleep it really bothers me. I love Manny Pac but because of the whole Manny-Floyd stuff I lost the fanboyism for him. But seeing fighters motionless is scary. Manny's KO, Hatton's and Roy versus Glenn Johnson affected me the most.

Jeremy Williams vs Peter and Simon Brown vs Vincent Pettway were also really bad
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-21-2012, 12:29 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 54,170,306.22
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

I was laughing from the joy of a Marquez victory over a fighter I'm not too fond of, so it wasn't in me that moment to feel scared.

One of the first thoughts that came to mind was this fixed since manny has a great chin.

I imagine fans of manny or people who are neutral towards him would have been scared.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Frank Ducketts
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Frank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,010,363,732.43
One of the best posters here - Cállate! I noticed that the lady in your avatar has dirty knees, they are very distracting. Here's some wet wipes, please take care of that. - Cállate! No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
:lol1: :D - happyman Team Swift!(Honorary Member) - Mr. Philadel Will Hunting, It's not your fault, It's not your fault - Croyd It's not your fault, It truly isn't your fault ... - Croyd 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
I was laughing from the joy of a Marquez victory over a fighter I'm not too fond of, so it wasn't in me that moment to feel scared.

One of the first thoughts that came to mind was this fixed since manny has a great chin.

I imagine fans of manny or people who are neutral towards him would have been scared.
That ko was scary for any boxing fan to see.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Doc Holliday
I'm Your Huckleberry

Rep Power: 8 Doc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond reputeDoc Holliday has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,970,012,987.11
Great poster, great person - Aztec Wanker 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
I was in shock to be honest with you. I didn't jump up and down (even though I'm a huge Marquez fan and was rooting for him).

I just sat there like "WTF did I just see". When I saw that Pac was waved off, I was just amazed and was waiting to see the replay because from the original angle, you couldn't really see the shot clearly.
Same here. I got excited over the KD in rd 3, but I was shocked over the KO more than anything. And several others I watched it with wanted to see the replay saying, "what the hell just happened?"
Old 12-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Frank Ducketts
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Frank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,010,363,732.43
One of the best posters here - Cállate! I noticed that the lady in your avatar has dirty knees, they are very distracting. Here's some wet wipes, please take care of that. - Cállate! No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
:lol1: :D - happyman Team Swift!(Honorary Member) - Mr. Philadel Will Hunting, It's not your fault, It's not your fault - Croyd It's not your fault, It truly isn't your fault ... - Croyd 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willybullet View Post
Same here. I got excited over the KD in rd 3, but I was shocked over the KO more than anything. And several others I watched it with wanted to see the replay saying, "what the hell just happened?"
Lol. Everyone was shocked!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:30 PM
GoldSugar
Banned

Rep Power: 0 GoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these partsGoldSugar is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 25,874.57

Yeah, especially I was jumping up and down when it happened, then they turned Pac over and he was still out. That was some scary stuff and I stopped celebrating to check if he was gonna be ok.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Allucard
Undisputed Champion

Total Points: 1,000,311,597.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
It was scary to me because his arms went limp where he couldn't even brace even a lil bit, and it looked like his body was trying to push air out the way he landed. He landed like his neck might've been damaged. Glad to see he was ok. No fan base of any fighter can make me hate the fighter. I do rub some things in to certain posters, but my true pssion for the sport never wants me to see a fighter injured. They entertain us, make a living, and they know what they are geting themselves into. Sometimes fans don't understand that.
Real talk... I feel exactly the same way. Manny's fan base is very loud and many of them straight out dumb but I could help but feel surprised and then sad Manny was KOed in such a brutal fashion. I didn't even rubbed it in their faces like they deserve. This is a boxer, one of the best of this generation who could be hurt, you can't laugh that off.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:06 PM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,217,344.92
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

Nope, the scariest for me has to be Duran/Hearns....
Old 12-21-2012, 07:39 PM
VatoMulatto
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 VatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 79,985,642,415.98
i like ur avatar - zab191 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
P Williams ko wasn't scary to me. I've seen fighters get caught and land with a thud, but PAc's imo just looked different because it seemed like his neck and face landed before his body.
Are you serious??????? I thought P-Will was dead for a second. That was one brutal knock out. He was out before he hit the canvas and the way he landed he could've broken his neck.

The Pac KO was just as scary though. I just couldn't believe that he would lose like that. To see him out cold was very shocking. My first thought was "OH SH_IT!...Did that really happened"
Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Dr Rumack
Vaya con Dios

Rep Power: 18 Dr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,017,000,143,700.73
knowledgeable poster - thuggery for being a solid poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 Great poster - E.P.T. Good poster. Thumbs up, Doc! - CubanGuyNYC eat fresh - sugarsmosley 
To a great poster - jas 

Yeah for a couple of seconds I thought he might be dead. It was a fairly irrational thought really and it was only for a few seconds but I was numbed by it all the same. When they camera panned around then and he was just slumped on the canvas with his arms trapped under him. I was rooting for Marquez but it was a shocking way for the fight to end. When you get to a certain level of familiarity with a fighter, you just don't enjoy those knockouts in the same way.