Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Cardinal Buck
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Cardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,047,172.50
Cheers to that! - E.P.T. 

Hagler wouldn't touch Jones.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,481,814,813,718.44
Total Points: 56,512,047,932,062.38
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
bennyst ........if you don't like my comments just ignore them! I don't care what you think so why care what I say, grow up and move on! Ray.
Grow up?

Mate, you're the one that does nothing here but insult everyone needlessly and challenge people to e-fights.

Unlike you, I actually like the people here, like discussing stuff and reading other opinions. I actually read the posts instead of launching into my own egotistical little tirades that hardly ever have anything to even do with what's being discussed.

You're so far above everyone in your own mind, and supposedly so bored by us all, I don't understand why you even bother coming here.

Ray, seriously, think on this just briefly at least. I cannot remember the last time I saw a post of yours in here that did not insult either the whole history section and everyone in it or at least a few people here why making sure you threw in that your view was the only right one. Every single time.

Just calm down and try to enjoy the place. That's all we ask.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 AM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 22 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,332,559,818,160.93
Total Points: 17,375,564,949,724.53
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
Grow up?

Mate, you're the one that does nothing here but insult everyone needlessly and challenge people to e-fights.

Unlike you, I actually like the people here, like discussing stuff and reading other opinions. I actually read the posts instead of launching into my own egotistical little tirades that hardly ever have anything to even do with what's being discussed.

You're so far above everyone in your own mind, and supposedly so bored by us all, I don't understand why you even bother coming here.

Ray, seriously, think on this just briefly at least. I cannot remember the last time I saw a post of yours in here that did not insult either the whole history section and everyone in it or at least a few people here why making sure you threw in that your view was the only right one. Every single time.

Just calm down and try to enjoy the place. That's all we ask.

That's the best advice possible.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Boxing Bob
Mexico = GOAT :mexico1:

Rep Power: 0 Boxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,037,040.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
Hagler wouldn't touch Jones.
Bull$h!t! You think Jones is gonna fight 36 minutes vs Hagler and Hagler wouldn't touch him? I'm guessing you have never seen Hagler fight. Do some homework and you will see that who ever coined the phrase effective aggression was describing Hagler in his prime. Again, Haglers granite chin weathers RJJs early attack and somewhere between rds 9 and 12, RJJs weak chin fails him. Hagler wins although he is behind by 6rds or more on the cards
Old 01-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Prince_Pugilist
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,037,804.27

RJJ was never tested against truly elite fighters at MW, apart from the Hopkins fight and Hopkins at that stage was nowhere near his best (still would have prime RJJ beating any version of Hopkins). I think Robinson and Hagler both beat Jones Jr and Monzon would have had a very good try too.

Imagine if RJJ had fought Eubank or Benn at mw or smw?? Jones has the upper hand but he would struggle, especially against someone with the granite chin and recuperative powers of Eubank.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 PM
wmute
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 32 wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,502,923,485.14
Total Points: 28,503,128,274.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
RJJ was never tested against truly elite fighters at MW, apart from the Hopkins fight and Hopkins at that stage was nowhere near his best (still would have prime RJJ beating any version of Hopkins). I think Robinson and Hagler both beat Jones Jr and Monzon would have had a very good try too.

Imagine if RJJ had fought Eubank or Benn at mw or smw?? Jones has the upper hand but he would struggle, especially against someone with the granite chin and recuperative powers of Eubank.
I don't see Robinson beating Jones in a real matchup. p4p different story of course...
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 PM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,305,956.37
No Message - Toney616 Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Christmas amigo - chav 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post

Myth.

Oh and if you arer going to bring up Eubank and Benn then you need to also bring up Thulani Malinga who beat Benn and fought Eubank VERY close.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:18 PM
wmute
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 32 wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,502,923,485.14
Total Points: 28,503,128,274.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
Myth.

Oh and if you arer going to bring up Eubank and Benn then you need to also bring up Thulani Malinga who beat Benn and fought Eubank VERY close.
come on... Hopkins of 1993 was not Hopkins of 1998 (although the same applies to Jones to some extent)

Still, like the guy you quote, I think Jones would have always beaten Hopkins.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Saint G Groves
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 Saint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,247.46

As a MW, Jones fought in the next day weigh in era, which means Jones would come down to 160, then rehydrate up to 175-180, making him massive at the weight. I can't imagine guys like Hagler, Robinson, Monzon would have weighed more than 170? Combine that size, with his speed and skills, Jones is a beast at MW
Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 PM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,305,956.37
No Message - Toney616 Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Christmas amigo - chav 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmute View Post
come on... Hopkins of 1993 was not Hopkins of 1998 (although the same applies to Jones to some extent)
Why not? Hopkins was 28 and in his 24th pro fight, and didn't lose again for another 15 or so years dominating everyone along the way. Both guys were in their fighting primes(which lasted for another 11-17 years).