Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-19-2012, 04:30 PM
HUGEBOXINGFAN
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 HUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 264,655.75
For Keepin It Real - SERVILEV 
Default Boxing the fastest growing sport in Australia

Boxing the nation's fastest-growing sport, says Australian Bureau of Statistics
Lisa Cornish
News Limited Network
December 20, 201212:00AM

Ted Tanner, chairperson for Boxing Australia, said there had been a noticeable rise in the number of people taking part in tournaments. Picture: Josh Woning Source: Quest Newspapers

Related Coverage
Boxing proves a fitness hit
Walking more popular than the gym
Age shall not weary those who exercise
Ikin Dance club gets triple success
NSW: The fat and clumsy generation

BOXING, kayaking and running have punched, paddled and sprinted their way to become Australia's fastest growing sports, but gymnastics appears to be losing its bounce.

New data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics on participation in sport and recreation shows participation in boxing has increased by 131 per cent since 2005.

Canoeing and kayaking followed with a 113 per cent growth and running or jogging increased 100 per cent.

Ted Tanner, chairperson for Boxing Australia, said they had noticed more people taking part in tournaments or just getting involved in boxing training regimes for fitness reasons.

"People are realising the benefits of the dynamic movements of boxing. It allows them to work out both the upper and lower body,'' he said.

Participation in gymnastics has dropped by 50 per cent since 2005, acccording to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Picture: Daniel Berehulak.

The similar boost in running or jogging numbers has come as a bit of a surprise to officials.
"There has been no advertising or media push. It seemed to happen organically,'' Robert Boyle, president of the Australian Ultra Runners Association, said.

He has particularly noticed a growing interest in trail running, where people can navigate bush tracks between 10 and 100 kilometres.

"People enjoy the outdoors. They start off with small races but soon get hooked,'' he said.

On the flipside, interest in gymnastics is plunging, with participation dropping by 50 per cent since 2005.

Mark Rendell, CEO of Gymnastics Australia, was unconcerned however, disputing the statistics.

"Gymnastics currently has more than 144,500 Australian registered members, which is not accurately reflected in the ABS figures," he said.

"The participation rate of gymnastics has in fact increased significantly since 2005 by 37 per cent, which includes an encouraging 63 per cent increase in participation amongst the 16+ age group."

Walking is our most popular activity. Some 4,258,800 of us enjoy a stroll to get the heart rate up, while 3,089,300 say they head to the gym and 1,401,000 go swimming or diving.

The figures show that our rate of participation in sport of physical activity has dropped slightly from 65.9 per cent in 2005 to 65 per cent in 2011-2012.

Young Australians aged 15 to 17 have the highest rate of participation at 78 per cent while men outdo women.

"The participation rates of men were slightly higher than women, with 66 per cent and 64 per cent respectively,'' Andrew Middleton, from the ABS, said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing-...-1226540663556
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Rep Power: 31 Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 729,293,653,118.73
Total Points: 1,839,293,883,076.54
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 No Message - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

Excellent news

theyve got convict blood in em them Aussies. Perfect for boxing.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Reloaded
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,251,355.18
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Is that why there is only 300 registered boxers in the entire country .
Old 12-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 106 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,907,725.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Great, might get some more Anthony mundines
Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM
KING MEAT
Dorian's Protege

Rep Power: 66 KING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond reputeKING MEAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,076,924,323,148,653.50
Total Points: 4,082,466,594,101,702.00
No Message - tennishero Have one on me pre - led Keep your used vibrator to yourself :puke: - Bossy blue parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier Thanks pre! - led 
Stay in Shape! - D.I.E.S.E.L Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 slickest pinoybro on boxingscene - thuggery 
#FREE KING MEAT #JUSTICEFORMEAT - thuggery I am replacing your 3k ring hon. - led* damn meat they were good , i couldn't green you again so here have a drink on me bro!! - HUGH JASS FREE KING MEAT - thuggery Cheers! - Enayze 
for you my aesthetic midget - Alx. Cool vato - CatchweightKing For your awesome Tyson/Holyfield gif - Sugar Booger Because you have good goddamn taste.(outside of boxing :P) - DannYankee09 Cheers, we'll play again - valero 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - peyk-peyk AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jose830 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian 

Brad Pitt is aussies boxing saviour

Old 12-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Fearless
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Fearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud ofFearless has much to be proud of
Total Points: 100,000,047,677.57

I'm thinking they are counting all the corporate heads doing White Collar Boxing too... I gotta read the article again.

Funny because MMA was big in Australia too... having said that, my 2 of my local pubs were showing the live coverage of the Marquez VS Manny 4 fight, something they had never done before.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 PM
damned1974
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 damned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 320,424.53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
Is that why there is only 300 registered boxers in the entire country .
I thought it was around 150 a few years ago-lol...sad thing is,what I am saying is true.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 54,181,852.53
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
I'm thinking they are counting all the corporate heads doing White Collar Boxing too... I gotta read the article again.

Funny because MMA was big in Australia too... having said that, my 2 of my local pubs were showing the live coverage of the Marquez VS Manny 4 fight, something they had never done before.
that's what it sounded like to me. very different from hood people who can actually make a career out of boxing
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM
PhooLzRUs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 PhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond reputePhooLzRUs has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,420.32

speaking of Australians, where is Katsidis?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,505,717,055,376.49
Total Points: 2,751,717,272,914.17
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Boxing is big over there. They don't have many pros but the few elite or semi-elite guys they have are big stars, a bit like Canada. For example we consider Mundine a joke but his fights are on ppv over there.