Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 AM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Rep Power: 7 BarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,296,484.28
i started watching your vids your a good trainer keep it up - sugersean15 great trainer good luck in the future - Alx. For masterfully owning those haters nyahahahaha - tibbar Awesome ! Looking forward to training with you. - BulgariasFinest They also banned me for rubbish. Try boxrec forum instead. - HaglerSteelChin 
Send a message via Skype™ to BarryRobinson
Default Working on 1 of my favorite straight right hands with Ole

Depending on what your trying to accomplish, the straight right hand can be thrown various ways. The right hand we work in this video is a punch John Bray taught me and Mayweather used often in the fight vs Victor Ortiz (Watch him train that shot here http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17111419)

Looking back at this video I'm not satisfied with Ole's recoil after landing the shot. However If I did not record training, I wouldn't be able to pick up my mistake for not noticing that during training.

If you have questions, fire away

Quote:
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
greynotsoold
Contender

Rep Power: 3 greynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,009,487.90

Here we are more or less on the same page, but let me point out something I noticed.
Every time he jabs, he cheats his left foot forward, but he never brings his right foot along. As a result, his left hooks are thrown off the front foot: His right foot is too far away to get his weight turned. He also does not get turned on his right hand for the same reason.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:42 AM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Rep Power: 7 BarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond repute
i started watching your vids your a good trainer keep it up - sugersean15 great trainer good luck in the future - Alx. For masterfully owning those haters nyahahahaha - tibbar Awesome ! Looking forward to training with you. - BulgariasFinest They also banned me for rubbish. Try boxrec forum instead. - HaglerSteelChin 

Sure he makes mistakes in training. That's why you train. I tend to like words when discussing training like develop. For a kid that has been boxing 2 years 6 months a year I'm very happy with his progress, especially in sparring. Obviously you look for consistency in training depending on what the training goal is for the day. As stated above we were working on a particular shot and that was his 2nd time working on it. So sure it's not perfect, he's not perfect, no one is, that's why you train. I have to reiterate I put my videos out to help others. This video is not look at us we are perfect. It's here is a shot I like and here is a way to train it.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 AM
greynotsoold
Contender

Rep Power: 3 greynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,009,487.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRobinson View Post
Sure he makes mistakes in training. That's why you train. I tend to like words when discussing training like develop. For a kid that has been boxing 2 years 6 months a year I'm very happy with his progress, especially in sparring. Obviously you look for consistency in training depending on what the training goal is for the day. As stated above we were working on a particular shot and that was his 2nd time working on it. So sure it's not perfect, he's not perfect, no one is, that's why you train. I have to reiterate I put my videos out to help others. This video is not look at us we are perfect. It's here is a shot I like and here is a way to train it.
Fair enough, and my reply was offered in that same spirit. But he wasn't getting turned on that right hand because his feet weren't right and it wasn't being corrected. Two years and six months in? How is that his second time working on a simple, basic combination? What was the goal that day?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Read the post thoroughly. Watch and listen to the video carefully. It's all there.