Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Facebook is saying he's close to fighting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Yeah and?

Who did Roy Jones beat when he was 16-0?

Nobody, his resume was ****... so was he a hype job?

No.

Who did Floyd beat when he was 12-0? Could you eye test Floyd?

Of course.

You're not debunking that with one fighter who looked beast and wasn't... because there are plenty of fighters who looked beast and were.
    That's the point Roy jones beat Hopkins and toney that proved he was good and mayweather beat corrales. Well find out how good Canelo is in a Floyd fight as of right now I'm not ready to say he's anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I would rather Guererro.

But I'll take Canelo.

I don't see the point in fighting Canelo in May though unless Martinez is next after that.
      no way floyd fights martinez it makes no sense, martinez has a fight coming up and its not at 154!!! if they were trying to make that fight hed be fighting at 154 to make the case, martinez has biz to handle at his own weight class and higher

Comment

• Originally posted by -KING- View Post
        That's the point Roy jones beat Hopkins and toney that proved he was good and mayweather beat corrales. Well find out how good Canelo is in a Floyd fight as of right now I'm not ready to say he's anything yet.
        Floyd didnt beat Corrales until 3 years after being a champion.

Roy beat Hopkins, but at the time, Hopkins resume was what? Hindsite is 20/20.

Comment

• If it does get signed, I think I will be going with the upset...

There seems to be a rapid changing of the guard. Cotto, Pac and maybe Mayweather.

Canelo is just huge, throws good combinations, good power and technique. I think he has questionable stamina and chin but I don't think those would get tested too much. We will see

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            If it does get signed, I think I will be going with the upset...

There seems to be a rapid changing of the guard. Cotto, Pac and maybe Mayweather.

Canelo is just huge, throws good combinations, good power and technique. I think he has questionable stamina and chin but I don't think those would get tested too much. We will see
            He punches pretty wide and loads up on everything. Fighting Floyd Mayweather is mentally draining which also leads to a higher stamina burn rate.

Floyd is the master at making people miss. Shots that miss use more stamina than ones that land or get parried.

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              Floyd is stationary when he punches now. His accuracy against Cotto was awful for Mayweather standards, he isn't the same fighter as he was when he fought Oscar at 154. Add to the fact that he wouldn't have fought for a full year when he fights on May 4th, this is definitely not a 'tune up' fight. It will be competitive and Canelo might be able to hurt Floyd.

Floyd is not the same fighter as he was when he fought JMM and Ricky Hatton, he doesn't move nearly as much which is a huge detriment for fighting guys with 1-punch KO power like Canelo, especially when Floyd most likely won't be able to hurt him with single shots

What's the deal with this fascination of Floyd Mayweather, people act like the guy has found the fountain of youth and will never age or recess in speed or ability, just wait.. you will see what I'm talking about when he fights on May 4th, I don't care who the opponent is. And people will be here acting all surprised at what they saw, I've been saying this since after the Ortiz fight
              I'm with you on some of your points. Floyd is definitely slower and more stationary and has always suffered against quick combination punchers who have decent power. Canelo is that guy but Canelo hasn't reached his peak yet, he has barely fought anyone who is a true 154 pounder. His toughest test to date was Mosley, and for all those who say Mosley got whooped, he actually won his fair share of rounds, aged 41 and didn't really get hurt.

Canelo is not ready for Floyd, he hasn't fought anyone with even 50% of the ring craft that Floyd brings to the table, this fight is a mismatch.

Comment

• Fighting Trout, Fight Lara, Fighting Molina, Fighting K9...that would have better prepared Canelo for Mayweather

But to me jumping in with Mayweather without truely being tested is CAREER SUICIDE...I swear Mayweather takes something out of a fighter Mental once he is done...it is usually down hill after Mayweather fights you

It is mentally DRAINING I think, especially when your in the ring with the a guy in which your throwing everything you have at him and your hitting nothing but Arms, Elbows and Shoulder and not really hurting him while he is popping you with Jabs and Lead Rights and then is gone by the time you try to counter

Mayweather will ruin this dude like Lennox Lewis ruined Michael Grant...would not be shocked if Mayweather Stops Him via Corner Stoppage with Canelo Corner protecting his future

Comment

• Canelo would, of course, love this fight. A lot of fans including myself, would love it also. But fans have been teased this way all too often. I doubt very much Floyd will fight this guy. I'll believe it when they have a pre-fight press conference and both fighters are on stage engaging in the pre-fight staredown.

Comment

• Originally posted by -KING- View Post
                    One word Bute. If we use the eye test bute looked like an absolute beast and many felt like he could beat ward and when he finally stepped up he was destroyed.
                    Interesting comparison. I didn't know what to make of it, tbh, except the age differences. Bute/Froch, 3 yr difference, and Froch was younger. Between Floyd and Canelo, it's 13 years. Bute was also the overwhelming favorite in that fight, which probably reinforces the argument even more. Nonetheless, it's an interesting comparison. Will be glad to see others' take on this one.

We'll soon find out.

Comment

• Canelo is the biggest money fight for Mayweather at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X