Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-13-2012, 03:44 PM
JDezi4
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 JDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,192,767.89
STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
Default How many decision have been successfully reversed?

I was watching the 24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez (dead horse, right? This is different) and I remember Roach talking about filing to get the first decision reversed due to the bad scorecard

The commission said it was the equivalent to an umpire missing a call, but I think that's bullshit in this case... A bad decision like Pacquiao/Bradley, if the investigation proved no foul play on the part of the judges, than I can understand comparing a bad decision to an umpire missing a call

But there is a RULE that says 3 knockdowns is 10-6... There's no way a judge's misunderstanding of the rules should be a permanent mark on someone's record

It reminds me of when Joe Louis first beat Jersey Joe Walcott becuz the judge simply wrote Louis' name on back instead of Walcott's...

And so..... As a trainer's protest of a decision ever lead to a reversal?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Nekronicle
Contender

Rep Power: 3 Nekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 134,434,500,611.17
Total Points: 134,434,527,381.18

Can't think of any off the top of my head, just fights that get changed to "No Contenst" other than that, i only see reversals in Olympics
Old 12-13-2012, 03:47 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,150,632.34
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDezi4 View Post
I was watching the 24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez (dead horse, right? This is different) and I remember Roach talking about filing to get the first decision reversed due to the bad scorecard

The commission said it was the equivalent to an umpire missing a call, but I think that's bullshit in this case... A bad decision like Pacquiao/Bradley, if the investigation proved no foul play on the part of the judges, than I can understand comparing a bad decision to an umpire missing a call

But there is a RULE that says 3 knockdowns is 10-6... There's no way a judge's misunderstanding of the rules should be a permanent mark on someone's record

It reminds me of when Joe Louis first beat Jersey Joe Walcott becuz the judge simply wrote Louis' name on back instead of Walcott's...

great post

Being so slow to implement any improvements is why boxing can be stupid and is still stuck in the stone age. Changes happen so slowly it's like they don't even happen at all when it comes to the sport of boxing
Old 12-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Fetta
nob cheese

Rep Power: 20 Fetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 115,581,717.78
Total Points: 521,240,738,228.73
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks couldnt green you so you get a medal instead - Rapid Counter you're in the green, have a burger and celebrate amigo - sugarsmosley 

I may be wrong or was to young at the time and dont remember exactly but wasnt Morales/Barrera I changed after the fight.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:29 PM
horge
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 40 horge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond reputehorge has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,817,364,651,861.35
Total Points: 6,817,534,178,123.46
No Message - Mr._Pink tama rin lahat sinabi mo tol - Makavelli san miguel - Mr. Green bday san mig light :D - Akinapepemo tagay mo pre  :beerchug: - peyk-peyk 
cheers! - led Super horge! - jazluvr *mwah* - led Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - The Scientist Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - irrashai19 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetta View Post
I may be wrong or was to young at the time and dont remember exactly but wasnt Morales/Barrera I changed after the fight.
Wait. What?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:56 PM
solo20
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 solo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 49,214,214,104.84
Total Points: 49,214,230,174.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDezi4 View Post

bunch of bull if you ask me crying about the score card but what about that blow Pac hit JMM while he was down no point was taken away lets just call it even. funny even if you score it the way you want it many still had JMM wining that figth

Last edited by solo20; 12-13-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Fetta
nob cheese

Rep Power: 20 Fetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 115,581,717.78
Total Points: 521,240,738,228.73
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks couldnt green you so you get a medal instead - Rapid Counter you're in the green, have a burger and celebrate amigo - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horge View Post
Wait. What?
Yeah it was just a controversy with scoring and what it was i remember was the mexican stations calling for a reversal of scores but didnt happen
Old 12-13-2012, 05:13 PM
gauze
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 gauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these parts
Bank: 273,011,075,513.74
Total Points: 273,011,081,066.17

there's no rule that says 3 knockdowns must be a 10-6 round. you're making that up.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Slyboots
MarGODito

Rep Power: 16 Slyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,148,665,512,537.96
Total Points: 1,159,764,464,462.14
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

Dawson-Hopkins 1 was successfully reversed from a KO win for Chad to a no decision.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:22 PM
M.I Truth ?
Truth Personified

Rep Power: 14 M.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond reputeM.I Truth ? has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 791,180,634,364.05
Total Points: 791,181,007,476.39
Thanks. - Silencers Cool cat, good poster - mangler To Jermain Taylor - ASH KETCHUM 

Tim Bradley vs Nate. Campbell was overtuned from tko to no contest