Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 PM
pesticid
I Love Froch

Rep Power: 23 pesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,060,734,780.56
Total Points: 4,661,631,900.23
Let's drink to that fine woman in your avatar!! - abosworth Heineken, best Avatar on the scene! - Dorian We Rich :p - Dorian We Fresh! - Dorian Great Poster! - Dorian 
Enjoy! - Dorian amazing 'martinez facts' thread, man. - chiguy91 so true about fight club - Burning Phoenix 
Default What do JMM, Hopkins, Mayweather, Vitaly and Martinez have in common?

Above everything else clean life style and tremendous discipline and dedication to the sport of boxing. That's why they have been able to perform at such a high level even at an advanced age.

To me the best fighters in the world are the fighters who perform just as well late into their careers where the perception is that they are past their prime, and yet they have similar or better performances when they were young.

Like can you tell me that the Bhop that beat Morrade Hakkar a better fighter than the guy who beat Jean Pascal? Same thing with Marquez, can you tell me that the JMM that beat Smoke Gainer is a better fighter than the Marquez who beat Pacquiao?

And I've always hated when people talk about Tyson's greatness or his perceived prime. If he was that great he would've had amazing results even when he was in mid twenties. I think the only exception to clean lifestyle and discipline is Duran who is probably the biggest talent and exception in boxing.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Slip Stream
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Slip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,001,041,487.65
For your solid contributions - JAB5239 To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Default Stay Hungry!

"Your focus determines your reality," it couldn't be any more simple than that. I think when a fighter is coming up, and has so many dreams of what he will do. The only way to get him closer to his dream is to train hard. Granted, even among up an comers the work ethics vary, but in the elite fighters their focus and determination catapult them to riches.

The downside of that would be that with increased fame and riches come distractions. Biggie put it best, "Mo money mo problems." One would think that if a fighter became rich and famous he would do everything in his power to preserve that status, but I think once some attain it they're not able to see beyond that status. It's like they run out of ideas about how to challenge themselves and live the rest of their lives.

An elite fighter that's dedicated to the sport will win more often than not, and they also demonstrate a most profound truth, most fights are won and lost not in the ring but out it.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 PM
puga
rigo-go power rangers

Rep Power: 39 puga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,959,719.83
Total Points: 1,011,054,036,975.33
Puga loves penis - MANIAC310 Lady boy - MANIAC310 for ur hurt vagina - Roja's480 not trolling for once - MANIAC310 sorry for hurting you its been months get over it - VERMIN 
for your hurt gash - VERMIN So you can pretend that Pacquiao is inside you - ShoulderRoll ***Punchville aka Baracuda*** We miss you! Grats to evading 2 perma bans and still not getting banned! ***PUNCHVILLE*** much love - Primera MY BOY PUNCHVILLE EVADING BANS LIKE A BAWSS ***my boy PUNCHVILLE don't listen to NO mods tellin him wat 2 do ukno im sayun?*** - Primera PUNCHVILLE MY HOMIE EVADING BANS LIKE A TRUE G, PERMA BANNED BUT HE DONT GIVE A DAMN #TEAMPACMAN ***PUNCHVILLE #1 p4p poster*** - Primera 
hey punchville, how do u avoid bans? you've already been perma banned twice and still post? how u do it? - Primera add this to your collection Mr. butthurt - Timothy Horton So you can physically feel pac inside you - Mannie Phresh Stop slandering Juan Manuel Marquez - ShoulderRoll Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Another for your collection :) - dan_cov [quote=puga;12843978]no , but you wanna kiss mine?..it tastes like burrito, you'd like it..[/quote] - Tha_Greatest fagget - Mannie Phresh Good post about drug cheats. - thuggery true legend - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 

none ... it's easy to spot the "b1tch" tho

do i need to say floyd?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 PM
ArtThouFurious?
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,459.77
Boxingscene's Worst Poster - Freedom. make your old corpse pretty for David Haye - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga View Post
none ... it's easy to spot the "b1tch" tho
Yeah, the one and only quitter and confirmed steroid abuser out of the bunch.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
puga
rigo-go power rangers

Rep Power: 39 puga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond reputepuga has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,959,719.83
Total Points: 1,011,054,036,975.33
Puga loves penis - MANIAC310 Lady boy - MANIAC310 for ur hurt vagina - Roja's480 not trolling for once - MANIAC310 sorry for hurting you its been months get over it - VERMIN 
for your hurt gash - VERMIN So you can pretend that Pacquiao is inside you - ShoulderRoll ***Punchville aka Baracuda*** We miss you! Grats to evading 2 perma bans and still not getting banned! ***PUNCHVILLE*** much love - Primera MY BOY PUNCHVILLE EVADING BANS LIKE A BAWSS ***my boy PUNCHVILLE don't listen to NO mods tellin him wat 2 do ukno im sayun?*** - Primera PUNCHVILLE MY HOMIE EVADING BANS LIKE A TRUE G, PERMA BANNED BUT HE DONT GIVE A DAMN #TEAMPACMAN ***PUNCHVILLE #1 p4p poster*** - Primera 
hey punchville, how do u avoid bans? you've already been perma banned twice and still post? how u do it? - Primera add this to your collection Mr. butthurt - Timothy Horton So you can physically feel pac inside you - Mannie Phresh Stop slandering Juan Manuel Marquez - ShoulderRoll Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Another for your collection :) - dan_cov [quote=puga;12843978]no , but you wanna kiss mine?..it tastes like burrito, you'd like it..[/quote] - Tha_Greatest fagget - Mannie Phresh Good post about drug cheats. - thuggery true legend - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
Yeah, the one and only quitter and confirmed steroid abuser out of the bunch.
yup , quit before even entering the ring refusing to fight..and rumored to have had failed 3 drug tests...
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Mike D
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Mike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 594,319,517,089.36
Total Points: 594,319,587,150.99
carl froch, the only british boxer i like alot currently, lol, this mofo the the fukking man , lol, hes the kind of fighter than most fighters should want to resemble, god honest truth about that - Tha_Greatest damn man, that was fukkin cool what you said about floyd being a lowlife scumbag, which is true - Tha_Greatest In honor of Sutherland - mathed TEAM B-SUTH - sugarsmosley Cheers to a great sense of humor! :-D - Tyler_Durden 
WAR Sutherland!!! - LoadedWraps ATG poster - jas #TeamSutherland - LoadedWraps cheers brotha - A-Wolf Funny guy! - Box-Office 
Had me rolling in that Rockin' movie thread. Epic performance . - Dinamita 03 as hilarious as they come - jas 

Quote:
What do JMM, Hopkins, Mayweather, Vitaly and Martinez have in common?
They all ducked Brian Sutherland.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Deathknight88
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Deathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 100,074,142.97
kick this hateful troll - Freedom. 

I don't like how you put Floyd in there alongside guys like Jmm and Vitali.

Vitali is a great example of what a champion should be OUTSIDE THE RING.
Bernard Hopkins defies age and logic. Great example of true discipline.
JMM combines both.
Floyd is a great fighter, but there is no way in Hell he is even close to what Vitali is as a champion role model.

I will actually compare Lennox,Vitali and Wlad as the closest in terms of fighters. Extremely talented super heavy weights (the pioneers really along with Bowe) and overall good role models. (K2 more so than Lewis, but Lewis is still impressive in terms of behavior)

I admire Floyd and Pac, but come on, they are not in the same class as Vitali Wlad or Lennox in terms of 'role models'.

I guess Floyd and Pac are 'champions' in the traditional sense of the word.

Lennox,Wlad, Jmm, and Vitali are champions in the truest sense of the word.