Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Cap'n Crunch
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,000,002,944.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieBruno View Post
i dont think the Martinez fight is optional, Sergio will have to drain himself and it aint Floyds natural weight,i also think Sergio will have the advantage being more powerful, realistically its a big ask for Floyd, i personally think he will lose and that still takes nothing away from him

He should stick to 147, and fight whoever brings the game including Alverez
Thats the same is athe small guys climbing up 2-3 weightclasses to fight to fight Floyd, whats wrong with that?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 AM
toyboy33
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 toyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond reputetoyboy33 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,236,048,069,212.10
Total Points: 1,236,048,155,848.41

Floyd isn't fighting Martinez unless some situation forces him to. He should stay at 147 and clean house, then retire.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 AM
FrankieBruno
GGG spanked my mom

Rep Power: 16 FrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,002,100,970.29
you're a good poster - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs take this lipstick f@g - Sugar Booger 
No Message - krazyn8tive pretend it's davey haye - Weltschmerz for taking the avi bet like a man - jas 

Floyd doesnt stand a chance again Martinez IMO, and i dont think that fight would be good for him, he'll struggle and possibly end up retiring after getting TKO'd, rather see him face Pacman
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Architect
Banned

Total Points: 8,361.85

Quote:
they really need to make the pacman fight happen, it doesnt matter if pac has lost, he was dominating the JMM fight, and he still has some in the tank and they need to face each other in 2013, also if Floyd wins that will be a huge confidence builder and who knows who he might face after.

Pac vs FLoyd is still a great match up to be had, their styles will mean for a interesting bout..

Although I believe that Mayweather at this stage would just embarrass Pac, its a fight that still needs to happen. Pac would not be able to close the distance or avoid Floyds right hand at any point in the fight, the punch to the stomach would nullify Pacs attack and not to mention Pac is easy to telegraph if you are a master counterpuncher. This is just my personal opinion and especially after the JMM KO, but this fight needs to happen for historical purposes. This is like when Tyson & Lewis finally fought, everyone knew Tyson wasnt going to win but he was still dangerous and everyone knew it would be exciting while it lasted. Thats what Mayweather-Pacquiao is to me now.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Architect
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
Can someone explain to me why Canelo would even be relevant if Floyd beats Martinez?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Scarcaztic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Scarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,890,118,375.23
Cashflow - mathed good posts - thuggery troll - The Problem 

Let me reiterate my point. Of course, i realize that 154 is not Floyd's optimal weight, and that he loses many of his best assets, that he possesses at his natural weight class.

I'm just saying that, any die hard boxing fan knows how damn skilled he is. I'm not asking him to dominate/KO, or even beat Sergio.

I'm just asking him to fight him, and show us his full arsenal/skills against someone that's naturally bigger, and almost as skillful as him.

If he doesn't win, who cares. As long as he gives him trouble, and shows off his full, technical brilliance, I'll be completely satisfied as a boxing fan.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Architect
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
Thats the same is athe small guys climbing up 2-3 weightclasses to fight to fight Floyd, whats wrong with that?
Who climbed 2-3 weight classes to fight Mayweather at any point in his career?? Marquez? Well that could be used had Pac not brought JMM up to 147lbs twice. Why are you trying to mislead the fellow posters? Mayweather has moved up 5 weight classes so how has he made fighters move up 3 weight classes?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Architect
Banned

Quote:
Floyd doesnt stand a chance again Martinez IMO, and i dont think that fight would be good for him, he'll struggle and possibly end up retiring after getting TKO'd, rather see him face Pacman
If Mayweather was a natural MW he would dominate Martinez. There is no reason for Mayweather to fight Martinez. I agree with you, Floyd needs to stay at 147lbs and pick all of these guys off.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 AM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 54,186,152.46
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inITtoWINit View Post
Let me reiterate my point. Of course, i realize that 154 is not Floyd's optimal weight, and that he loses many of his best assets that he possesses at his natural weight class.

I'm just saying that, any die hard boxing fan knows how damn skilled he is. I'm not asking him to dominate/KO, or even beat Sergio.

I'm just asking him to fight him, and show us his full arsenal/skills against someone that's naturally bigger, and almost as skillful as him.

If he doesn't win, who cares. As long as he gives him trouble, and shows off his full, technical brilliance, I'll be completely satisfied as a boxing fan.
I hope Alvarez steps up next by fighting Trout and gets whooped. If manny loses his fight in the first half of next year, that too would be great.

It would limit Floyd's options and make a Martinez bout more likely after he disposes of Robert. I'm assuming Floyd starts with Robert for his first 2013 match
Old 12-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Scarcaztic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Scarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,890,118,375.23
Cashflow - mathed good posts - thuggery troll - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect View Post

Although I believe that Mayweather at this stage would just embarrass Pac, its a fight that still needs to happen. Pac would not be able to close the distance or avoid Floyds right hand at any point in the fight, the punch to the stomach would nullify Pacs attack and not to mention Pac is easy to telegraph if you are a master counterpuncher. This is just my personal opinion and especially after the JMM KO, but this fight needs to happen for historical purposes. This is like when Tyson & Lewis finally fought, everyone knew Tyson wasnt going to win but he was still dangerous and everyone knew it would be exciting while it lasted. Thats what Mayweather-Pacquiao is to me now.
This is where I disagree with many boxing fans. I don't think that JMM's style is remotely similar to Floyd's, and I don't believe in triangle theories.

I think Manny gives Floyd, plenty of trouble. This is not a Floyd Vs. Manny thread, so I will leave it at that.