Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 AM
MJ223
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 MJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,719,315,157,910.90
Total Points: 8,725,315,237,386.94
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 Thanks MJ much appreciated - -Pull ma Finga- "I see you pimp" made me :lol1: - jose830 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
If Broner indeed takes on Abril, then I can see him making his way through the division. That would be refreshing: take on all comers.
Hopefully.... Weight jumping is in..... We'll see
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 AM
MJ223
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 MJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - MJ223 Thanks MJ much appreciated - -Pull ma Finga- &quot;I see you pimp&quot; made me :lol1: - jose830 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Once again, the world champions at 135 besides Broner are:

Miguel Vasquez
Ricky Burns
Richard Abril (assuming he gets recognition as full champion by the WBA)

Vasquez is with Top Rank so that is not a realistic possibility for a Golden Boy fighter. But Broner wants to fight Abril then Burns.

What more can you ask of him at lightweight?

Only a hater with an agenda would criticize a man for wiping out an entire division.
He isn't....
Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Realizniguhnit
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Realizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,187.50
U took em to school with that Broner vs Maidana 2 post - Trudoe 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Hard for me to opine about the Lundy fight, since I haven't seen it. But I've heard from a couple of sources, including the member "New England", who was at the fight, that Abril should've gotten the nod. (It's very difficult to find any footage on Abril.) The Rios fight, on the other hand, I did see. As is commonly known, that fight was highway robbery. So, for all intents and purposes, Richard has two losses, one of which is questionable. He's not a "bum".
I know you're just defended your fellow latino. but Abril is a bum. He lost to Lundy doesn't matter if he should of gotten the nod, Lundy should of gotten the nod against Beltran too, and sure Abril could have gotten the nod against Rios, but outside of a couple flurries and a few potshots, Abril had a lot of moments of inactivity, unlike Rios, I had it closer to a draw. It's no different from the Pacquiao lost to Bradley of or Mosley win over Mora, being inactive boxing and looking flashy just doesn't convince some judges especially if your name isn't Floyd Mayweather, judges don't give guys like Abril the benefit of the doubt.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:41 AM
MJ223
Undisputed Champion

No Message - MJ223 Thanks MJ much appreciated - -Pull ma Finga- &quot;I see you pimp&quot; made me :lol1: - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
The Prescott loss was questionable too. Like someone else said, he could easily be 20-0. Besides, triangle theories don't work in boxing and I am shocked that people still use them to try and make a point. Fact is, Broner has never faced a fighter like Abril and Abril has never faced a fighter like Broner. That's what makes this matchup so intriguing.
The scores were..... The decision wasn't imo
Realizniguhnit
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Realizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,187.50
U took em to school with that Broner vs Maidana 2 post - Trudoe 

Quote:
The Prescott loss was questionable too. Like someone else said, he could easily be 20-0. Besides, triangle theories don't work in boxing and I am shocked that people still use them to try and make a point. Fact is, Broner has never faced a fighter like Abril and Abril has never faced a fighter like Broner. That's what makes this matchup so intriguing.
Well he ain't 20-0 and the whole theory of "he never faced anyone like __" was pretty much put to bed when Broner demolished Demarco who was coming off some decent KO wins and the same thing was said. Broner is not losing at 135 but I think he will have difficulty hanging with the elite at 140..
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 33 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 641,858,976,937,303.25
Total Points: 641,989,977,205,488.25
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ223 View Post
Was hoping for Vazquez..... But Team Broner could have done worse... So hey
Richard Schaefer said something about Vasquez turning down $350k for that fight in a recent article. But this is the same guy that justified Canelo vs Josesito so anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt I guess.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:42 AM
MurkaMan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 MurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,725,234,866.56
For disobeying me - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 
No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 
No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
you don't break your thoughts down properly. You bring up Eloy Perez who Broner KTFO for gawd sake, who cares what Eloy did in a couple feeling out rds he got KTFO at the end of the day. If Eloy is your best example of Broner's flaws that's sad, and to counter that my best example is Lundy already beat Abril, and Broner is younger, stronger, and faster than Lundy. Broner walks down his opponents often because he is a boxer-puncher but that doesn't mean he's not versatile or dynamic, If walking down is working why fix it so far it got Broner 21 KO out of 25 fights.
Wasnt no feeling out rounds, Broner didnt land anything on him because he kept moving! And in one round, Broner didnt land anything at all! His punches are too telegraphable for a defensive fighter! He winds up and throws full power! I never said that Broner should stop walking guys down! What I said is, based on what I've seen of him, thats all I think he can do! No if Eloy was a small guy who had just enough defense to make it ugly, then Abril, is going to do worse, because of his height and reach! And Broner's flatfooted, and short, and can easily get dominated! I break down everything I say! All u can say is "Lundy, Abril, Lundy, Abril" Your going to have to come correct in this boxing game, go somewhere with the triangle theories! I used eloy, because he so damn small, imagine what Abril gonna do when he capitalize on the footwork, and height and reach advantages! Your a Broner groupie, and you get butt hurt when someone says Broner will lose! Look how many comments you posted to me, you even started double posting! Get over it bro, Im just not changing my mind, deal with it.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:43 AM
MJ223
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Richard Schaefer said something about Vasquez turning down $350k for that fight in a recent article. But this is the same guy that justified Canelo vs Josesito so anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt I guess.
Haven't seen it..... But grain of salt indeed
Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,079,038,456,304,348.00
Total Points: 8,079,038,456,328,772.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
I suppose so. I didn't see the Prescott fight, either. But it was also a split decision, with scores almost identical to the Lundy fight. On both occasions, one judge had the fight somewhat wide for the winner, while the other two had it razor-thin close.

And you're right. Neither Abril nor Broner have ever fought someone like each other. It will be interesting if it ever goes down.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 AM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 33 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 641,858,976,937,303.25
Total Points: 641,989,977,205,488.25
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
Well he ain't 20-0 and the whole theory of "he never faced anyone like __" was pretty much put to bed when Broner demolished Demarco who was coming off some decent KO wins and the same thing was said. Broner is not losing at 135 but I think he will have difficulty hanging with the elite at 140..
DeMarco and Abril fight nothing alike. So "they never faced anyone like ....." is a fact not a theory.

I agree Broner cleans out 135. But Abril is a risky opponent and team Broner deserves major props for taking this fight and it will be a good win on his resume. It's a damn shame that we have a young fighter seeking to take on the toughest challenges in his division and people still *****, complain and downplay his opposition.

Abril is a good test for him. Give Broner some damn credit.