Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM
junior gong
snr gong

Rep Power: 41 junior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,825,650,789,537.64
Total Points: 8,826,660,513,576.45
A gift for my favorite bumsniff... - Kenny MF Powers one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. bumsniffing the trail of flomos on BS 24/7. - Body Movin' keep murking these floydiot bumsniffs, flomos kneel before you and kiss your feet - Turd "hi yung doe" looool - thuggery 
thx m8, can always count on the gongster to lay the smackdown - thuggery A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 joyeux noel - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers buddy, screw the FloydTroopers - Beercules ATG poster! - jas 
I now pronounce Floyd Mayweather and Junior Gong in holy matrimony. Congrats Mayweather and Gong for their beautiful marriage. - BrushMyHair You're fackin hilarious - Booty Dew Helluva poster - jas 

Gotta respect Hatton's opinion, but only Manny will know whether he wants to end his career on that note. The guy is a fierce competitor and it wouldnt surprise me if he goes after a fifth Marquez fight so he can try and turn the result around.

Ultimately, all fighters are different and will handle a loss like this in different ways and with varying results. Truth be told no one, not even Manny will know how this has affected him(if at all) until he takes another punch in anger.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
JKidd2624
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 JKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond reputeJKidd2624 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,274.00

Glad Ricky is fine with retiring on a KO loss... again. But, I don't see Manny able to retire on a devastating one punch KO loss like that. He's too revered, respected and looked up by his Filipino people to retire on such a low note.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM
revs1227
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 revs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 492,068,008,332.53
Total Points: 494,362,262,546.74
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by avnikuka View Post
Pacquiao should come back. The fact of the matter is, this is boxing. One mistake and a fight is over. Look at Lennix Lewis, he got knocked out by Hasim Rahman. He successfully came back. To be quite honest with you, I thought, despite the knock down, and the knockout. Pacquiao looked sensational. I thought, right up until the knockout, that was the best Manny Pacquiao in several years.
good point
why wher eu unhappy with pac jmm 3? that was great fight also
Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Pan-Africanist
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Pan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 40,661.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTTAG145 View Post
Pac should take one more easy fight in the Philipines in front of his fans and call it a wrap.
Nothing more to prove, and we saw the lingering effects of a brutal KO on Paul Williams.
Even though a guy may get cleared and seems alright he will never be the same.
Manny has done more than enough for boxing and has plenty of money to make elsewhere.
The moneys in the US. It makes no sense to fight in the PI. Especially with that humidity. Hes already had problems with cramps in the past.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 53 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,468,004,515,629.75
Total Points: 1,714,004,689,889.49
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

I think he should retire as well, he has nothing to prove, his legacy is set in stone. He might not be the same after the brutal KO, why hang around and possibly lose to a guy he has no business losing to?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM
StrangerInTown
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 StrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond reputeStrangerInTown has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,005,046,235.64
Default The Racket Squad: The Art of Leaving

Pac would be foolish NOT to call it a day.

Where Mayweather is too cautious to make him as popular an icon as Pac, Manny is too brave for his own good.
There is this sense in Boxing that it is a sin to leave the game while you still have a decent legacy and good health.

The posture Pac found himself in on the canvass was also the expiration date on his career wishing to be honored.

Manny was out cold for over 90 seconds.
Very few fighters return from such epic destruction.

It's always tough to leave on a loss but a Bradley fight is useless and Pac will never destroy Marquez in the same manner.

The book has been written and Manny Pacquiao will always be a winner.

Go Home In Peace Champ.
You have love, faith, compassion and wealth.

What more does a human being require?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 AM
JokerOfAces
Contender

Rep Power: 4 JokerOfAces will become famous soon enoughJokerOfAces will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 6,296.24

Respect Ricky "the hitman" Hatton.

Anyways, while I am glad Marquez knocked out
Pacquiao cold. If he decides to retire, let it
be on a good note, let him knock out Bradley, if
he still has it. I think he should stick around a bit
longer. A knockout is not the end of the world
for any fighter.

Just of the top of my head, Marco Antonio Barrera,
Lennox Lewis. They were able to come back.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:52 AM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 20 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,086,140.60
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddangerous View Post
Hatton has experienced this, first hand, from Pacquiao, so I respect his perspective and opinion, but he waited 3 years to attempt a comeback and still didn't look half bad.

I'd like to see Pacquiao end his career on a fight that didn't end in brutal KO.

I was glad to see Hatton go out on his last fight TBH, because it showed him mustering up the courage to face his demons.
agreed...pac needs to go out on his own terms. i'd say he should retire at the end of 2013. one fight in the summer and then one last farewell fight at the end of 2013 in the philippines.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Phenom
Phenomdeaux

Bank: 14,512,940,977,512.45
Total Points: 14,512,950,996,512.84
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHolyCross View Post
he seemed pretty pumped after the ko, and with the wanting to fight in april, although might not be giving him the time phsically to recover, mentally he seems just as hungry

after somethin like that i think my hunger would be shot and i'd be talking about retirement
if it took Manny until June to recover from a cut in MarquezIII how long will it take to recover from MarquezIV
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM
hypodermical
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 hypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond reputehypodermical has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,000.74

theres no reason for pacquiao to retire if he still wants to keep fighting.

1. he'd be turning down a lot of money by retiring.
2. he can still fight and beat most if not any opponent as long as he does not eat KO punches. (this means he would probably decision most fights but still win)
3. that is not how he should go out.

if he gets beat up or KO'ed after coming back, then he should definitely retire.

what pac needs to do is test himself and see if that devastating KO ended his career or not. and most importantly he needs to dedicate himself to boxing (a combat sport where u put ur health on the line) and quit all his side hobbies like being a governor, basketball, singing. he sucks in every single one of them anyways.