Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 AM
stretchedout
Banned

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,829.21
banned alt - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsnypes View Post
Marquez has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone. He needs to retire. He will go down as a mexican legend and will be talked about for centuries to come. What will it mean for him to fight Bradley or Rios or even Manny again? He has the perfect ending to an incredible career. Don't blow it.
Fuk yes, Pac needs to get in line and prove himself.

You dont get to walk in off the street and make demands on the champ.

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 AM
HeroBando
I love Mayweather

Rep Power: 21 HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,167,326.35
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by el*** View Post
yeah it kind of sucks being that if pac got the decision on bradley like he should have then JMM would have won the belt here and already had his 5th division.

Wait did JMM ever win a belt at 140? It says he fought Fedchenko for the interm WBO title.

Hes only got 126, 130 and 135 unless you count the interm belt
you're right, he'd be tying Morales who has a bogus 4th belt. interim never stopped Guerrero from referring to himself as a 4 division champ though.

i understated how much he'd be making for Pac 5, could be 2/3 of his career purse.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 AM
Kunni Phunt
Was KRISTLEE

Rep Power: 3 Kunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 933,906,397.29
Total Points: 933,907,930.56
No Message - KRISTLEE 
Send a message via MSN to Kunni Phunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kunni Phunt

I haven`t posted for a while but I really feel I need to say something.....

Before you all start I am not a MP fanatic (my wife is Filipina and I have lived in the Philippines for a little over 8 years so I do have an affinity with their culture etc and I root for MP to win when he is fighting....as long as he isn`t fighting anyone British (and at least now I won`t be hearing anymore Hatton jokes from my Brother in Law et al lol)).

The initial fights could have gone either way IMO so anyone who says JMM won and was robbed are delusional, anyone who says MP won no questions and deserved the win are delusional....they were close fights and could have swung either way....they were that close.

last year watching the 3rd fight I thought JMM won for sure but then I rewatched it and thought about it....yes he boxed intelligently and looked fantastic but did he really deserve the win but was robbed? No...he was the challenger and didn`t really look like he took the fight to MP....MP was the one doing the chasing so how can people say JMM was robbed? Again it ended up being a close fight in an obscure way but JMM didn`t push the champion enough to get the nod did he.

That brings me to part four....

Fantastic punch, well timed, perfectly placed, deserved....respect for JMM because he is THE master tactician and most technically gifted of the two....

My problem is he wasn`t beating up MP, he wasn`t dancing around MP....MP was beating him and it was going to be an MP show for sure if JMM didn`t get that punch he was looking for (which he found and executed so well)....MP was all over him really....

The question is how much longer could JMM have lasted if he didn`t find the chance for that punch....3 more rounds (with a decisive TKO stoppage for MP)? MP was beating him and looked to be the one who was going to make it a decisive finale to their series....

Had JMM been busting MP up and then got the stoppage I would be saying retire you finally did it you legend....but he wasn`t busting MP up was he....one perfectly timed puch sealed the win for him....he was going to lose until that punch....could he pull it off again? Some are going to argue that he was looking for that punch and I agree he was looking for that punch and got it but as mentioned what if he didn`t get that punch by the 9th round....he was going to lose....so does that "what if" justify a 5th installment....it does for me I`ll say.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 AM
stretchedout
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
I haven`t posted for a while but I really feel I need to say something.....

Before you all start I am not a MP fanatic (my wife is Filipina and I have lived in the Philippines for a little over 8 years so I do have an affinity with their culture etc and I root for MP to win when he is fighting....as long as he isn`t fighting anyone British (and at least now I won`t be hearing anymore Hatton jokes from my Brother in Law et al lol)).

The initial fights could have gone either way IMO so anyone who says JMM won and was robbed are delusional, anyone who says MP won no questions and deserved the win are delusional....they were close fights and could have swung either way....they were that close.

last year watching the 3rd fight I thought JMM won for sure but then I rewatched it and thought about it....yes he boxed intelligently and looked fantastic but did he really deserve the win but was robbed? No...he was the challenger and didn`t really look like he took the fight to MP....MP was the one doing the chasing so how can people say JMM was robbed? Again it ended up being a close fight in an obscure way but JMM didn`t push the champion enough to get the nod did he.

That brings me to part four....

Fantastic punch, well timed, perfectly placed, deserved....respect for JMM because he is THE master tactician and most technically gifted of the two....

My problem is he wasn`t beating up MP, he wasn`t dancing around MP....MP was beating him and it was going to be an MP show for sure if JMM didn`t get that punch he was looking for (which he found and executed so well)....MP was all over him really....

The question is how much longer could JMM have lasted if he didn`t find the chance for that punch....3 more rounds (with a decisive TKO stoppage for MP)? MP was beating him and looked to be the one who was going to make it a decisive finale to their series....

Had JMM been busting MP up and then got the stoppage I would be saying retire you finally did it you legend....but he wasn`t busting MP up was he....one perfectly timed puch sealed the win for him....he was going to lose until that punch....could he pull it off again? Some are going to argue that he was looking for that punch and I agree he was looking for that punch and got it but as mentioned what if he didn`t get that punch by the 9th round....he was going to lose....so does that "what if" justify a 5th installment....it does for me I`ll say.
Of the first two fights, many knowledgable boxing experts credit Marquez with winning the first fight, nearly all had him winning the second, I think he won both. I am not even going to discuss the third fight. it was an obvious clear-cut decision.

Your assumption that Marquez was hanging on for dear life, and that Pacquiao is hard to hit, are both incorrect.

All of Pacquiao's opponents hit him with their best shot, that punch was gonna come, Pac had already been flattened in the third round.

Marquez was in trouble early against Diaz, Katsidis, Jaca, Mayweather, Pacquiao (1 and 2), nobody has been able to finish the job, his recuperation and endurance is legendary.

Pacquiao is vulnerable right now, Marquez could finish him for good.

The boy has Pacquiao's number, no question about it.

Pac cannot outbox Marquez, and he will get KTFO if he tries to be overly aggressive. I think he has no chance, just my humble opinion.

Pacquiao is vulnerable right now, Marquez could finish him for good.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 AM
HeroBando
I love Mayweather

Rep Power: 21 HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,167,326.35
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchedout View Post
Of the first two fights, many knowledgable boxing experts credit Marquez with winning the first fight, nearly all had him winning the second, I think he won both. I am not even going to discuss the third fight. it was an obvious clear-cut decision.
Nothing like this, the 2nd fight was split right down the middle, and 3rd was also super close with most leaning to JMM. The average press row score is probably 114.5 - 113.5:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ma..._(3rd_meeting)

Quote:
Among the unofficial scorers above, 57 scored the bout for Marquez, 51 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and the remaining 36 scored the bout a draw.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Juof
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Juof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,291,829,293,609.21
Total Points: 15,292,179,470,048.97
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
here bro! I'll start off your next row. - jose830 you only need 3 more now to complete your gifts. I got you. - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 

id like to see marquez dominate rios
Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Relentless114
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 Relentless114 will become famous soon enoughRelentless114 will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 1,169.74

The selfishness in me doesn't want to see him retire yet because I love watching that man fight.

But I understand why he would do it, this would be a great way to end his fantastic career.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Kunni Phunt
Was KRISTLEE

Rep Power: 3 Kunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond reputeKunni Phunt has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - KRISTLEE 

^^^^^ Exactly......close close close
Old 12-11-2012, 04:37 AM
stretchedout
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
Nothing like this, the 2nd fight was split right down the middle, and 3rd was also super close with most leaning to JMM. The average press row score is probably 114.5 - 113.5:

Ronnie Nathanielz said that Marquez won.

So did many Filipino's as they were leaving.

Rumor has it that Jinkee thinks Marquez won as well.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:49 AM
Kunni Phunt
Was KRISTLEE

No Message - KRISTLEE 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchedout View Post
Ronnie Nathanielz said that Marquez won.

So did many Filipino's as they were leaving.

Rumor has it that Jinkee thinks Marquez won as well
Are you trolling?