Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
techliam
IBF World Champion

Rep Power: 8 techliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,249,784,656,300.17
Total Points: 1,260,884,716,881.67
Consistently good poster. - ddangerous cheers m8 - hougigo 

Well I don't want to start an argument where people accuse eachother of knowing **** about boxing etc. Just a decent debate.

He should be either no.2 or no.3. Firstly my view on the Pac/Marquez thing. Pacquiao is going to get trampled on for the result, but my view is it has only just changed the landscape. Instead of dominance of just Pacquiao and Mayweather in that area, Marquez proved hes in that league also. Mayweather, Pacquiao and Marquez should be in the top 5. Instead of a Pacquiao/Mayweather P4P rivalry, its more of a "trivalry" between these three now. Pacquiao-Marquez 5 is still a toss up. Pacquiao-Mayweather, Pacquiao may still win. Mayweather-Marquez, most likely Mayweather (always the weight cheating thing), but theres my point, none of these three have really proven they are P4P better than eachother. Marquez knocked out Pacquaio, but it took him 3 close fights to get there. And theres still the issue of the matchup still being a toss up. Apart from Marquez and Mayweather, who else beats Pacquiao in and round this weightclass of 147? Noone. The p4p no. 15 is just a backlash with no objective truth to it. In order for any of these three to universally be recognised as no.1, they should beat the other two. And this is unlikely to happen, and not one of the three can claim dominance.

Ward still reigns no.1 for me. Knockouts are good for the fans, but in terms of resume, it can be substituted. Thats what we saw with Ward - he totally outclassed the nearest rival in his division with 1 hand, in the Froch fight. You may say, oh but Froch doesn't even count anywhere near Pacquiao. It's not the Froch result thats taken into considering, its the effect the fight had in displaying his domination of a very heavy weightclass at the time. Without trouble. Head-to-head, its hard to offer an opponent in and round his weight class who could beat him. In the case of Marquez, Mayweather is still a champion. Mayweather outclassed Marquez. Objectively speaking, how could one put Marquez over Mayweather? I did mention above about the weight cheating, but Marquez was 4lb lighter at weight-in than Pacquiao. I've seen people justify their argument by saying Mayweather doesn't fight enough. But he's still an "active" boxer, and is a current champion. Frequency of fights doesn't really come intp a P4P perspective. And this is coming from someone who finds Mayweather a disgusting excuse of a person.

Another argument i've seen on here is the "he deserves it" one. A simple one to counter - Froch deserves a top reign in his division for his efforts. But he has to earn that, the same way Marquez would have to earn it. By beating Mayweather.

Another one is - he beat the king, so he is the king. Well sure. I'd agree usually. However theres one problem - Pacquiao was not universally regarded as the "king", in fact, many people on here claimed he was faded badly and that only a small minority still considered him the best in the world. It's interesting to note how opinions of this had changed because of this result. But if you insist on this logic, Mayweather beat Marquez. And theres no proof saying Pacquiao couldn't beat Mayweather. It's an Ali-Foreman-Frazier situation, before Ali beat Frazier. The only person who looks entirely unbeatable in any realistic match up, is Ward.

But thats my take on it. Don't read it if you don't want to. I hope some would read it have a good debate. Won't hold my breathe though

Congrats to Marquez, and best of luck to Pacquiao.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Zopilote
Contender

Rep Power: 2 Zopilote is a jewel in the roughZopilote is a jewel in the roughZopilote is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,032.26
Send a message via Yahoo to Zopilote

No less than #2.

Numero 1 is NOT out of the question tho.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,294,629.31
No Message - Toney616 Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Christmas amigo - chav 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

#1 and its not debatable
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Capaedia
JMM Stan

Rep Power: 18 Capaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 126,004,307,755.23
Total Points: 269,854,822,532.85
your pressie - McGoorty Keep up the top posts! - Barnburner 1000 posts! Keep spreading knowledge. - JAB5239 1,000 posts - Scott9945 Great posting - joseph5620 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy Holidays  Capaedia - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* happy holidays to a good poster - Cleto_Reyes 

#1 Marquez
#2 Ward
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Doctor_Tenma
Monster

Rep Power: 72 Doctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 67,312,563,389,372.30
Total Points: 67,342,695,880,242.61
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Toney Loc 

Ward
Mayweather
Marquez
Old 12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
techliam
IBF World Champion

Rep Power: 8 techliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,249,784,656,300.17
Total Points: 1,260,884,716,881.67
Consistently good poster. - ddangerous cheers m8 - hougigo 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
Ward
Mayweather
Marquez
I agree. Even if you don't count Ward, I cannot see how you can objectively put Marquez ahead of Mayweather
Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Japanese Boxing
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 5 Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 945,029,351.43
deliciousness - tongue me Thanks!!! - DempseyRollin well deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tongue me 

He isn't better than Andre Ward. So he's probably 2-3. Depending on who else you have in there. Floyd I'd take off due to inactivity. Say it isn't his fault he didn't fight, but it's his fault he went to jail. One year is more than enough time to fight.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:46 PM
dibzvincent143
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 dibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 104,102,036.25

number 1 just number 1..
Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 PM
The Viper
Contender

Total Points: 73,710.75

P4p#1 imo.........................
Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 PM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 319,792.26
Thanks - Toney616 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
Ward
Mayweather
Marquez
I agree. If Marquez beats Guerrero or Bradley then he stands alone at #1