Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Glamour Puss
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Glamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond reputeGlamour Puss has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,834,539,475.18
Total Points: 31,845,274,434.30
The most badass, relentless, straight-up talking poster on BS. Hail tha Poon! - PittyPat Be my friend again, plz :[ - mangler jr No Message - texanballer We need a rematch! - Merseyside You're my homeboy, Jacky. - fallenloki 
I'm back foo! Lets drink - mangler Have a tuna melt - mangler More food - mangler Glad to have you back. - ƒallenloki No Message - El Cabron 
i'll be the 6 million dollar pactard - Bootneck 10,000 leagues under the sea - The Scientist 10K strong. War JMM! - mangler for dropping knowledge on all of us, homie. - Vincent Zestril thanks.  shanghai noon/knights - Derramged 
To quote you "for single handedly responsible for ushering in the renaissance period in NSB." - sigrab Long live Camel Toes - Libido Sanchez Elite Poster.. - Dorian Thanks for providing top notch entertainment! - sigrab legend poster, RIP in peace - I'm so sorry 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Hepatitis C - Kid Lavigne Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOLLOCKS 

No, he's an awesome guy and awesome fighter who gave boxing more than he could ever recoup. His fans were enthusiastic but with good reason. He is the Hero of Asia.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,050,545.38
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Pacquiao should be respected, he's a great fighter and a nice guy.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:38 PM
givingaim
bathole

Rep Power: 31 givingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,009,366,253.21
thanks for the rep - hectari 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac 
Thumbs up

No, he's an awesome guy and awesome fighter who gave boxing more than he could ever recoup. His fans were enthusiastic but with good reason. He is the Hero of Asia.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Pudgemeister
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond reputePudgemeister has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,132,567.51

Old 12-09-2012, 08:45 PM
eddoes
Contender

Total Points: 8,573.16
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Crushin View Post
Yea but its mostly coming from rapid fans who think Floyd is god, and theres just as many of them

Thats the Irony of it
Its mostly Manny fans that bring up Floyd in the first place. Most of them seem to have no knowledge of the sport or they are just closet racist.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Brother Jay
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Brother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,755,924,135.61
Total Points: 3,755,947,375.46
you deserve a kick for your racism and bigotry - Freedom. Posts of steel! - Kenny MF Powers on the real! - Body Movin' Owning retards daily. Its like a movie... - Kenny MF Powers respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
Extreme ownage in textbook fashion of any Pactards who even attempt to step to the plate - Primera To truth and the art of verisimilitude. - WESS Absolute Beast. - ToPRaNK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
I'll agree to and extent that Pac was a lil hyped,but Pac deserved most of his praise...He fought his way to the top and beat some very good if not great opponents...You can't take that away from Pac bro..He is a sure shot HOF,and imo an ATG...That's all I'm saying,yes his fans can be annoying and very racist at times...But that has nothing to do with Pac and him being Great or his likeability...
Well if you'd like me to get down to the merits, I have no problem with that.

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Manny has 40 straight fights against bums. Its shameful padding. Not only that, but 2 of those bums managed to knock Pacquiao out early on.

That means he has only 21 other fights in which to judge him. Of those 21 fights, Manny specifically targeted 6 of his opponents coming off career losses.

The trend is undeniable.

They are DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Two of which were catchweights AND one of which was a vacant title against a then banned cheater.

21-6=15. 15 fights in which to judge Pacquiao.

They are:

1-Barrera
2-Marquez - DRAW
3-Battery
4-Morales - LOSS
5-Velazquez
6-Morales
7-Larios
8-Morales
9-Solis
10-Barrera
11-Marquez
12-Diaz
13-Marquez
14-Bradley - LOSS
15-Marquez - LOSS

Now, outside of those 15 fights, I challenge you to show me a legitimate match not including any catchweights that would serve to enhance the value of Manny Pacquiao's legacy. The 6 that I mentioned were all coming off of career losses and therefore were ranked out of the top three .. the ranked spots that have all to do with legacy.

Like it or not, RANK AND CONDITION OF A FIGHTER'S OPPONENTS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS AS IT PERTAINS TO WEIGHING A LEGACY VALUE.

If anything else were relevant, then opinions would hold weight in a conversation about the merits of legacy. They don't.

I said that to say that Manny Pacquiao's star power comes from three specific matches: DLH, Cotto and Margarito.

Take those three wins away and Manny's biggest wins come over Barrera, Morales and Marquez(2 which are VERY debatable, the last was a robbery).

Now go ahead and make a case for Pacquiao being a superstar without those three wins when you take a good and honest look at the 15 fights he has since first fighting Barrera.

For sure Manny puts on great performances. That's undeniable as well. However great performances do not equal a great legacy when the opposition doesn't warrant the value given to enhance one's legacy.

And there it is.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 PM
FeFist
No.1

Rep Power: 19 FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,291,296,175,994.51
Total Points: 2,420,965,106,190.42
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ***1048;ATAS View Post
Well then u would dislike 90% of boxers than. Womenizing, gambling, anti homo remarks, typical stuff in boxing and sports in general.
Look at the bottom of my post ''I personally don't dislike Pacquiao''.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 PM
eddoes
Contender

Total Points: 8,573.16
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jay View Post
Well if you'd like me to get down to the merits, I have no problem with that.

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Manny has 40 straight fights against bums. Its shameful padding. Not only that, but 2 of those bums managed to knock Pacquiao out early on.

That means he has only 21 other fights in which to judge him. Of those 21 fights, Manny specifically targeted 6 of his opponents coming off career losses.

The trend is undeniable.

They are DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Two of which were catchweights AND one of which was a vacant title against a then banned cheater.

21-6=15. 15 fights in which to judge Pacquiao.

They are:

1-Barrera
2-Marquez - DRAW
3-Battery
4-Morales - LOSS
5-Velazquez
6-Morales
7-Larios
8-Morales
9-Solis
10-Barrera
11-Marquez
12-Diaz
13-Marquez
14-Bradley - LOSS
15-Marquez - LOSS

Now, outside of those 15 fights, I challenge you to show me a legitimate match not including any catchweights that would serve to enhance the value of Manny Pacquiao's legacy. The 6 that I mentioned were all coming off of career losses and therefore were ranked out of the top three .. the ranked spots that have all to do with legacy.

Like it or not, RANK AND CONDITION OF A FIGHTER'S OPPONENTS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS AS IT PERTAINS TO WEIGHING A LEGACY VALUE.

If anything else were relevant, then opinions would hold weight in a conversation about the merits of legacy. They don't.

I said that to say that Manny Pacquiao's star power comes from three specific matches: DLH, Cotto and Margarito.

Take those three wins away and Manny's biggest wins come over Barrera, Morales and Marquez(2 which are VERY debatable, the last was a robbery).

Now go ahead and make a case for Pacquiao being a superstar without those three wins when you take a good and honest look at the 15 fights he has since first fighting Barrera.

For sure Manny puts on great performances. That's undeniable as well. However great performances do not equal a great legacy when the opposition doesn't warrant the value given to enhance one's legacy.

And there it is.
You are spot on and its not a reason to hate Manny but its just the blasted truth. When you point this out to *******s and state your case why he would not beat Mayweather (the fighter who they claim is scared and fights bums) they just repeat the same cliched nonsense over and over. Im having as much fun as i can with Manny's embarassing loss and idc what anyone here says. Call me a ***** all you like but i can at least admit Floyd has flaws outside his boxing career. If Floyd manages to lose somehow idc he is still a better fighter than Manny according to punch statistics, his obvious visible skills and intelligence in the ring and his 0 losses its just a fact they dont like to hear.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 95 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,416,476,361,321.92
Total Points: 81,419,157,987,786.72
consistently excellent posts that always strike to the heart of the matter - It's Ovah Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 
I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery 
Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

i've had a few jokes at his expense in the last 20 hours, but he's one of my favorite fighters of all time.

there's no reason at all to have anything but the greatest measure of respect for manny pacquiao. he's a bonafide great.

i'd prefer to see him retire, but if he fights again i'll buy the ppv without question. it's been a pleasure to watch him fight.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 AM
LeeVanCleef
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 LeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond reputeLeeVanCleef has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,578,746,733,192.88
Total Points: 2,578,748,771,940.43
have some san miguel - Akinapepemo pakalasing ka muna - Akinapepemo dapat may inuman sa birthday - Makavelli Happy B-day pre :) - peyk-peyk parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier 
A superman for the superman homie, take care you smart mothafukker - Tha_Greatest dahil pareho tayong pogi - BABYBOXER cheers! - led threepeat!!!!!!! - Left Hook Tua tagay muna! - led 
hope you get drunk :) - led cheers!!! - BABYBOXER enjoy - project xxx1 blue parallelogram pre! - Chadmack No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest magiting na pinoy.. - BABYBOXER magiting na pinoy.. - BABYBOXER Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - project xxx1 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Left Hook Tua Childhood Cancer - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV 
Thumbs down

He's a Boston Celtic fan. That's it.