Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Shogunofharlem1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Shogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,051,937.19
Godamn!!! nice avi :fing02: - jose830 

I dont think so. All it proved (it didnt even prove it because we learned this from the third fight) was that manny like everyone else has weaknesses to his style. Any fighter can be beat with the right tools. The problem is people started championing Manny as some how immune to this. Hes still a damn good fighter who got hit with his kryptonite.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 AM
El Gato Negro
Up and Comer

Total Points: 2,855.93

Give over, he's an ATG that got caught with a perfect shot. He looked good up until the point he got KO'd
Old 12-09-2012, 07:57 AM
str8ballin
Contender

Rep Power: 5 str8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond reputestr8ballin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,926.04

too soon flo boy. should have waited a couple of weeks til everythin's hazy and unclear. then you should've made this thread.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Fighting Pride
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Fighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,031,385.98

Pac merely paid the price for the complacency he's fallen into, ever since the late stages of the margarito fight/mosley fight.

He really shouldn't be fighting with so much on going on in his life outside of boxing. The fire just isn't burning i the ring for him as it once did. He wants it to be, as we saw how strongly he reacted to the knockout trying to bring out the old manny. But it just isn't there, and we saw what happened when he tried too hard hoping to re-ignite it.

Props to marquez, who clearly always is able to bring the best out of himself when facing his eternal rival in the ring. Even if pac was careless, it was Marquez's perfectly landed thunderbolt which ko'd him. He couldn't have timed it or landed it any better. That might be the most brutal and shocking knockout i remember seeing in such a high profile type of fight.

In saying all this, i wouldn't mind a 5th installment, i could watch these two legends fight each other every week

Last edited by Fighting Pride; 12-09-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Dsanchez

Rep Power: 7 Dsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond reputeDsanchez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,999,306,110,353.73
Total Points: 2,009,306,131,845.70
cheers! - jazluvr can't have just 1 - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
Pac merely paid the price for the complacency he's fallen into, ever since the late stages of the margarito fight/mosley fight.

He really shouldn't be fighting with so much on going on in his life outside of boxing. The fire just isn't burning i the ring for him as it once did. He wants it to be, as we saw how strongly he reacted to the knockout trying to bring out the old manny. But it just isn't there, and we saw what happened when he tried too hard hoping to re-ignite it.

Props to marquez, who clearly always is able to bring the best out of himself when facing his eternal rival in the ring. That might be the most brutal and shocking knockout i remember seeing in such a high profile type of fight.

In saying all this, i wouldn't mind a 5th installment, i could watch these two legends fight each other every week
Couldnt agree more
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Brother Jay
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Brother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,755,924,135.61
Total Points: 3,755,949,038.46
you deserve a kick for your racism and bigotry - Freedom. Posts of steel! - Kenny MF Powers on the real! - Body Movin' Owning retards daily. Its like a movie... - Kenny MF Powers respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
Extreme ownage in textbook fashion of any Pactards who even attempt to step to the plate - Primera To truth and the art of verisimilitude. - WESS Absolute Beast. - ToPRaNK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
A b class fighter? No B class fighter marks Marquez up like Pac has over the last four fights.

And you are discrediting Marquez you delinquent- by saying he's gone toe-to-toe with a B class fighter and only prevailed convincingly in the final fight. What does that make Marquez?
So what about when Marquez fought Freddie Norwood?

I like Marquez. I definitely think he's the best Mexican boxer fighting today.

But no need to play up Pacquiao in order to make Marquez seem like more.

Pacquiao was always a limited fighter with tons of energy and determination. He's said so himself. He said he just was determined to fight his way out of poverty. And that's great in itself.

Marquez was always the technically superior boxer, but this need to say that Pacquiao is more than a B level boxer is ridiculous.

Wins do not dictate what level of boxer you are. That's like saying that Mayorga is an A level boxer because he knocked out Vernon Forrest. We all know that he wasn't.

Pacquiao's run at WW and jrMW was ALWAYS marred by the fact that all of his opponents were either coming off losses or losses followed by meaningless tune ups. Some were weight drained so that their legs couldn't keep up with the fast and nimble Pacquiao.

We all saw that once Emmanuel was willing to fight a guy that could move AND box, he got outclassed. We didn't see it just once. We saw it three times in a row! First against Marquez in the 3rd fight, then Bradley, then in the KO loss to Marquez.

Seeing is believing.

But some here feel the need to make excuses. Some claim Manny is passed prime. If that's so, then why aren't his fans and his coach calling for him to retire?

You can't have it both ways.

If Emmanuel isn't done like Roach says, then that means that they still feel like he's got the stuff to win. If that's true, then why all the bullsh*t about him losing steps and being passed prime?

If Emmanuel can get a guy like Victor Ortiz to be stupid enough to make a mannyweight of 142, then Pacquiao will look like "the old Manny" and his fans can go get the band back together again.

Marquez IMO won all three fights prior, but don't be desperate.

We've seen Marquez get tested against worse competition like Katsidis, so don't go getting indignant.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Rome-By-Ko
Bradley Top 3

Rep Power: 49 Rome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,131,640,349,694,581.00
Total Points: 2,137,664,939,367,372.25
Happy Holidays Bro! - Lorily thanks - Dale Cardon No Message - romebyko You da man Rome!! - Lorily Happy Christmas to a great poster - Dave Rado 
Happy Holidays sweetheart! - Lorily ''I score effective boxing,not effective running...'' Super quote! - dan_cov Bradley Salutes You Sir! - mathed Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil What up Bradley tribe - hougigo 
I'm digging your avi :beerchug: :hail: Tony Soprano - jose830 RBK &gt; Dirk Diggler = Rome By KO! - LoadedWraps Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega War Tribe - Hougigo 
STORMTROOPERS!!!!!! - mathed To a true stormtrooper! - DonMega To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps 

Nah Pac is a ATG,imo Pac fought a guy 3 times before so Marquez had enough time to see his opponent and see how to defeat him...Not to mention Pac is not the same fighter he once was..Let's be honest about that as well...
Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,254,418.34
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 
Respect to an old time brotha, stack your paper OG - GettinMoney fl0wm0e of the year, 2014. Youve earned this bud. For your hard work and dedication - SeekDaGreat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post

Props to marquez, who clearly always is able to bring the best out of himself when facing his eternal rival in the ring. Even if pac was careless, it was Marquez's perfectly landed thunderbolt which ko'd him. He couldn't have timed it or landed it any better. That might be the most brutal and shocking knockout i remember seeing in such a high profile type of fight.

Pac paid the price for finally fighting healthy opponents at WW , this KO began as soon as the draining CWs left town , the writing has been on the wall all along , dont ignore the CWs and drainings they are real , because what does Mosley JMM twice and Bradley all have in common , NO CW that drains the opponent down , its all there in the resume !

Superman Manny is ONLY superman with a CW , or the opponent has a coke habit and shattered mind , other than that he gets worked .
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 AM
check hook
Gay Pride

Rep Power: 23 check hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,813,522,807.92
Total Points: 209,819,836,321.21
putting pactards down - I'm so sorry WAR Floyd!! - LoadedWraps 

He didn't get exposed at all, just got beaten.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 AM
iceman1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 iceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond reputeiceman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 373,629,533.51
Total Points: 2,010,427,965,529.09

Pacquiao isn't b class fighter thats victor Ortiz lol
Pacquiao was great
But Marquez wanted the win and done it in
Amazing fashion
And mayweather would have out skilled Pacman
Props to pacquiao for a great career time to hang em up