Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Nekronicle
Contender

Rep Power: 3 Nekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 134,434,500,611.17
Total Points: 134,434,528,216.18
Default Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Michael Farenas

How did you guys feel about Gamboa returning to the ring after 15 month layoff??

Gamboa is one of my favorite fighters! I thought he put on a very exciting fight! Though it was apparent he had some ring rust, I thought it was a great great.

I was watching the fight at a Buffalo Wild Wings, and it was packed and maybe 2 or 3 people even knew who Gamboa was, by the end of the fight, everyone was cheering and excited for El Ciclon!!

I thought it was a great warmup fight for Gamboa to take on a very talented Michael Farenas!

GAMBOAWAR!

Also, how did you guys feel about 50 cent's entrance? I've been saying for YEARS Boxing needs more theatrics..in the US specifically, since the Klitschkos have epic entrances at every fight! But 50 cent recently talked about this

"You have to merge music culture with (boxing) and develop cards that are exciting for more than 36 minutes maximum," said 50 Cent. "We should take away the main event, say the whole show is the main event. They should make cards that are exciting enough for us to watch the entire show. You see arenas that you sit down and you feel like it probably didn't sell out until 36 minutes before it's over, then the whole place is full.

"(We should) use some of the theatrics that you see in WWE and bringing them into a sport that doesn't have a question mark -- we know boxing is real. We don't say 'is that real?' like wrestling. If you add those different elements to it you can offer something that would be entertaining enough to watch the entire show."

I think 50 Cent has a lot to offer the boxing world!

Also, gonna update my highlight video i made of Gamboa soon! But check out the one I made a while back.

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 AM
MVOLT
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant futureMVOLT has a brilliant future
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 79,515.14
Thumbs down

Gamboa is overrated

he goes life and death with journeymen
Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 AM
SlySlickSmooth
its all good

Rep Power: 18 SlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 326,567,913,390,750.75
Total Points: 360,577,913,520,441.81
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden No Message - UTEP Have a beer - led 80's Hip-Hop thread - -jose- a gift for u m8, just like danny ;) - sugarsmosley 
a truly great poster in the RBR threads - jas My treat - led a true boxing fan - jas Great and Fair poster - jas No Message - Beercules 

My first time seeing Gamboa fight, he looked good, but if he truly was effected from his "layoff" I would like to see him fight more.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,877,520.74
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Gamboa looked rusty, he got too careless with Farenas, though he clearly didn't want to produce a boring UD win on a big PPV. His last fight before this once against Ponce, was a fairly boring one-sided UD win.

Gamboa's speed, reflexes, athleticism, and overall ability was 100% the same. But his timing was a bit off on certain punches and what not. I expect him to look much better in his next fight. I don't think he'll stay at 130 for his next fight, if he does it'll be to grab a title over Salgado. But I'd really like to see him fight Miguel Vazquez at 135 for his title, than if he were to win that, the mega fight around 130-135 against Adrien Broner.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Cap'n Crunch
Up and Comer

Total Points: 20,000,002,868.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekronicle View Post
How did you guys feel about Gamboa returning to the ring after 15 month layoff??

Gamboa is one of my favorite fighters! I thought he put on a very exciting fight! Though it was apparent he had some ring rust, I thought it was a great great.

I was watching the fight at a Buffalo Wild Wings, and it was packed and maybe 2 or 3 people even knew who Gamboa was, by the end of the fight, everyone was cheering and excited for El Ciclon!!

I thought it was a great warmup fight for Gamboa to take on a very talented Michael Farenas!

GAMBOAWAR!

Also, how did you guys feel about 50 cent's entrance? I've been saying for YEARS Boxing needs more theatrics..in the US specifically, since the Klitschkos have epic entrances at every fight! But 50 cent recently talked about this

"You have to merge music culture with (boxing) and develop cards that are exciting for more than 36 minutes maximum," said 50 Cent. "We should take away the main event, say the whole show is the main event. They should make cards that are exciting enough for us to watch the entire show. You see arenas that you sit down and you feel like it probably didn't sell out until 36 minutes before it's over, then the whole place is full.

"(We should) use some of the theatrics that you see in WWE and bringing them into a sport that doesn't have a question mark -- we know boxing is real. We don't say 'is that real?' like wrestling. If you add those different elements to it you can offer something that would be entertaining enough to watch the entire show."

I think 50 Cent has a lot to offer the boxing world!

Also, gonna update my highlight video i made of Gamboa soon! But check out the one I made a while back.

Gamboa has an appealing style, but will suffer a loss pretty soon if he keeps getting dropped the way he did on Saturday.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Nekronicle
Contender

Rep Power: 3 Nekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVOLT View Post
Gamboa is overrated

he goes life and death with journeymen
ninja, he gives the appearance of going life and death... he has the ability to completely dominate fighters...however those fights turn out boring as hell. I like him because he takes risks and he is careless...and he ALWAYS comes back from mistakes and comes back from anything pretty much.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 AM
A-Wolf
This One Can See

Rep Power: 16 A-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,307,453,257,517.40
Total Points: 2,307,953,289,777.70
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil You're a very knowledgeable poster - Freedom. Excellent pick on Matthysse - HaglerSteelChin You deserve a kick for your hatred of Wladimir - Weltschmerz good poster - sugarsmosley 
For my homey Wolf - Mike D You know your stuff, great objective poster! - Booty Dew 

Same old Gamboa. Flashy, explosive, inconsistent. Rocked multiple times and put down hard by a complete unknown.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Nekronicle
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
Gamboa has an appealing style, but will suffer a loss pretty soon if he keeps getting dropped the way he did on Saturday.
I agree, that was the first time ive seen Gamboa fall due to the other guy..usually he hits the canvas due to being off balance or something. He just needs to stop underestimating his opponents.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 AM
A-Wolf
This One Can See

Rep Power: 16 A-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,307,453,257,517.40
Total Points: 2,307,953,289,777.70
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil You're a very knowledgeable poster - Freedom. Excellent pick on Matthysse - HaglerSteelChin You deserve a kick for your hatred of Wladimir - Weltschmerz good poster - sugarsmosley 
For my homey Wolf - Mike D You know your stuff, great objective poster! - Booty Dew 

Quote:
I agree, that was the first time ive seen Gamboa fall due to the other guy..usually he hits the canvas due to being off balance or something. He just needs to stop underestimating his opponents.
Whilst taking a punch in the process.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:00 AM
badsky_pogi
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 badsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these partsbadsky_pogi is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,423.58

Quote:
yeah he's another version of amir khan.. very talented.. speed and power.. but he has a very delicate soft spot that could spell doomsday for for him.. just stay away from puncher and for that gamboa aint getting a spot p4p rankings.