Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-08-2012, 05:44 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Banned

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,882,874,199,869,131.00
Total Points: 3,882,874,199,886,647.00
Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* 
Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley 
intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our " diplomatic ambassador " on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUEVARA View Post
Not saying taking peds isnt cheating, but lets not pretend the effect of a cemented fist is just like any performance enhancing drugs.
Once again, we absolutely agree on this point.

The law recognizes differences in the real world. For example: one man kills another for money; another kills a man upon walking in on him and his (the killer's) wife in bed together. Both homicide...but different.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,063,852.86
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

The only neglect thats present is that no one has told this young man his career was over a few fights ago. The beating he took by the Cheater virtually ended his career, thats what happens when a man faces that kind of "stand up trama"! It doesn't go away it doesn't get better it gets worse! If your a Cotto fan STOP talking about him fighting and write letters to him thanking him for his efforts over the years and beg him to stop now!
Leave this young man alone and let him get on with his family life. Its hard enough to walk away let alone hear a bunch of "fans" asking whos next or he got robbed. This kid has taken beatings, wake up!!! Ray Corso
Old 12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
GUEVARA
Banned

Rep Power: 0 GUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,076,355,555.85
Total Points: 22,076,420,759.24
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Once again, we absolutely agree on this point.

The law recognizes differences in the real world. For example: one man kills another for money; another kills a man upon walking in on him and his (the killer's) wife in bed together. Both homicide...but different.
exactly.

Mr. fantastic is misguided, his Cotto hate has blinded his judgement.

His Floyd opinion is impeccable though.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,304,225.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
People in other sports don't go to jail for using steroids. If you go before congress and lie about steroid use under oath, you might go to jail for perjury.

Maybe you're right. Maybe it's hypocritical. But it's a sign of the times. PED use is rampant. I have no doubt about that. Just because someone hasn't been caught yet doesn't mean they're clean. And I stand by my statement: There's a difference, at least in the general consciousness, between using some chemical help as opposed to equipping yourself with a hardened substance to bludgeon your opponent with. Both are technically cheating, but they're not the same.
Oh that's right....my fault there. Forgot about the whole fiasco with Jones on why she went to jail.

Maybe it's hypocritical? IT IS HYPOCRITICAL!! No way to hide it. So if everyone started using plaster on their fist and people get caught it should be ok? Fuck NO!! There is a reason why it's banned in sports. What's it called to get the upper edge on an opponent in a physical sport? CHEATING!!

And like I told you, I know it ain't the same but cheating is cheating. You guys just want to justify it to be a fan of a cheater and look good in doing it.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 43 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,107,766,330,268.08
Total Points: 117,659,835,435,692.58
sorry for red k - Tha_Greatest Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV 
Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 
WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
exactly.

As Guevara thought to himself, "How can I suck Mannys d1ck by hating on Floyd in a thread about Cottos trainer? Aha! Ive got it!"
Old 12-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
exactly.

I'm not misguided in no way. I'm being real. I never deny Margarito tried to cheat but you guys are acting like he already did it in a fight with no proof and the logic behind it just outdoes the negative ones. 99% of the fans on here like a cheater in one way or another and think they're on a high horse which is funny.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 PM
GUEVARA
Banned

Rep Power: 0 GUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,076,355,555.85
Total Points: 22,076,420,759.24
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I'm not misguided in no way. I'm being real. I never deny Margarito tried to cheat but you guys are acting like he already did it in a fight with no proof and the logic behind it just outdoes the negative ones. 99% of the fans on here like a cheater in one way or another and think they're on a high horse which is funny.
I dont like ANY Cheater.

Margarito is the poster boy for cheating. LOL

Cemented fist has a greater chance to end in a tragedy than PEDS, pot or whatever drug. do you dispute this?
Old 12-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Quote:
I dont like ANY Cheater.

Margarito is the poster boy for cheating. LOL

Cemented fist has a greater chance to end in a tragedy than PEDS, pot or whatever drug. do you dispute this?
I like that you don't like ANY cheater. Props there but not everyone is like that. THAT is what I have a problem with.

You really think so? There is not actual data on cemented fist having a greater chance than roids. Not defending it at all but we'd both be talking out our asses if we tried on that subject.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Banned

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,882,874,199,869,131.00
Total Points: 3,882,874,199,886,647.00
Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* 
Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley 
intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Oh that's right....my fault there. Forgot about the whole fiasco with Jones on why she went to jail.

Maybe it's hypocritical? IT IS HYPOCRITICAL!! No way to hide it. So if everyone started using plaster on their fist and people get caught it should be ok? Fuck NO!! There is a reason why it's banned in sports. What's it called to get the upper edge on an opponent in a physical sport? CHEATING!!

And like I told you, I know it ain't the same but cheating is cheating. You guys just want to justify it to be a fan of a cheater and look good in doing it.
I'm not well-versed about Marion Jones and her plight, but I did a little research to see if you're right. Turns out my suspicion was correct:

Jones "forfeited all medals and prizes dating back to September 2000." She "lied about it (PEDs use) to a grand jury investigating performance-enhancer creations by Victor Conte and the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative (a.k.a. BALCO)... On January 11, 2008, Marion Jones was sentenced to six months in jail for perjury, concerning her involvement in the check fraud case and her use of performance-enhancing drugs." (Wikipedia)

So, once again, I assert that athletes only go to jail for PED use, if ever, when they lie about it.

As for the difference between using illegal chemical enhancement and using what amounts to brass knuckles under your gloves, I'm afraid I can't explain it any better than I already have. You have your take, I have mine.