Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-08-2012, 04:03 AM
rao007
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 rao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these partsrao007 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 91,779.40
Childhood Cancer - Jack Burton Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuavale View Post
It's not Marquez's physique that will beat Manny or perhaps prove to be a detriment him in the fight. The build is just a byproduct of the functional type of training he did with Memo Heredia. Marquez's boxing skills are there and will stay there. But he likely added functional strength, explosive power and a higher anaerobic threshold. Tomorrow we will see if the training is successful and proves to be the tipping point between the two. Either way, we are looking at another very close fight barring a surprise KO by either man.
Pacquiao's plyometric excercises has served him well with bigger opponents on the notion of carrying his power and speed above his natural weight....the question here now is...does he need it with naturally smaller fighter like Juan...i think not...I think it was a good idea for Pacquiao not to do plymotrics and simply do his normal conditioning routine....i expect a much better performance from both parties.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-08-2012, 12:25 PM
littlemac
Who Necks!

Rep Power: 18 littlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,150,684,469.78
Total Points: 56,152,369,251.00
keep up the NSB noob ownage!!! - Atreyu Khalil pot calling the kettle black - Panginoon your favorite! - Cállate! No Message - Body Movin' Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - sugarsmosley 

I love the excuses. "Manny mainly carrys the weight in his legs so him being heavier isn't a weight advantage, so Marquez is bigger"
Old 12-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,073,851.24
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 

No excuses, no weight advantages at all! Two men who are REAL pro fighters who don't cheat the paying public! They come to the ring in shape and primed to WIN! Wear and tear and age and all that crap means nothing in this fight, they've aged together and they'll be no surprises they will fight to the end. If someone gets stopped its to the others credit, not a knock on who looses!
Better enjoy these men because theres not many around who come to fight the way they do! Both could fight and do well in any era of boxing and they are credits to the sport. Here comes a great fight and both need to be safe!

Then they can both retire and spend their money wisely, and some foolishly!

Ray.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM
fabie
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 fabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond reputefabie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,489,742,137,020.90
Total Points: 69,489,742,277,875.45
bottoms up homey! - Vegan101 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
No excuses, no weight advantages at all! Two men who are REAL pro fighters who don't cheat the paying public! They come to the ring in shape and primed to WIN! Wear and tear and age and all that crap means nothing in this fight, they've aged together and they'll be no surprises they will fight to the end. If someone gets stopped its to the others credit, not a knock on who looses!
Better enjoy these men because theres not many around who come to fight the way they do! Both could fight and do well in any era of boxing and they are credits to the sport. Here comes a great fight and both need to be safe!

Ray.
This singlehandedly expressed the most positive and balanced view in the boards I've read thus far and I commend you for it. No excuses and just fighting each other.

And simply put, these two boxers right now are at least going at each other with such ferocity that it elevate the sport of boxing and their own status as "warrriors" of our era.

Like the Celtics and the Lakers, Ali and Fraizier, 49ers and Cowboys (90s) - we all get what it signify and that is two of the very best of the era fighting each other.

I respect both fighters and though I like Pacquiao a lot, I tip my hat to Marquez for being a fierce competitor and then some. Both have their strengths and weaknesses made for each other.

Let's toast for a great fight tonight!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:07 PM
littlemac
Who Necks!

Rep Power: 18 littlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,150,684,469.78
Total Points: 56,152,369,251.00
keep up the NSB noob ownage!!! - Atreyu Khalil pot calling the kettle black - Panginoon your favorite! - Cállate! No Message - Body Movin' Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post

Ray.
bwahahaha...I stop reading right there. Pacturds will never admit Pac to be the bigger man even thought the scale says otherwise. Turds down playing Manny's weight advantage while up playing Pac's opponents weight
Old 12-08-2012, 02:11 PM
jaestix1
Banned

Rep Power: 0 jaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 165,478.65
Uneducated, ignorant, racist. - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemac View Post
bwahahaha...I stop reading right there. Pacturds will never admit Pac to be the bigger man even thought the scale says otherwise. Turds down playing Manny's weight advantage while up playing Pac's opponents weight
Those PACidiots are something else......PAC weights more than Floyd when floyd fought him and somehow PAC and Marquez are still the same size.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Undefeated
MasterMind

Rep Power: 1054 Undefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,970,093,297.70
Total Points: 2,980,021,342.60
Happy 21st Birthday! - Vegeta happy Birthday - TBear Happy Birthday! - jjbj2 
Send a message via AIM to Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by undefeated View Post
lol. People think marquez is going to be slow. This is funny. You people know **** of circuit/strength training. Yea he built muscles, it doesn't mean he will gas out and be slower. You people are idiots.

This is why i stop even posting on these forums, because the idiots who reside in here. It's going to be a great fight. I believe marquez will do great and actually land more shots. Marquez in his third fight looked bigger than or just in general bigger than before. He did great and didn't get knocked down.

He also landed clean blows, but i see marquez not gassing much if he uses manny's aggression against him. It gives marquez a better chance to counter punch. The manny camp saying "the old manny", "the first time in 13 years that he will go for the knockout" shut the **** up! They tried and failed. Once marquez gets hurt he goes into plan b.

Manny is in for another night of hell. Styles make fights! Marquez is a very smart and technical technician! Muscles or not, his style poses a major threat for manny. I don't think manny will go for the ko when he gets countered!

Marquez needs to go to the body (which i think he will). He has a plan and he did land some good body shots, but he needs to be sneaky! During a trade with manny he can land some good one with his head movement. Lets see! I'm pumped. Two great fighters, but i think marquez deserves it this time!

-lou

=) wooooooooooooo marquez is god!