Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-07-2012, 10:07 AM
JuanRakan
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,670.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
I'm personally a big fan, but, until seeing his full record a moment ago, I didn't realise that the only man he ever beat to take their world title from them was Yuri Foreman. WBO Light Welterweight, WBA Welterweight and WBO Welterweight titles were all vacant when he fought for them.

No doubt that he's an excellent fighter, one of the best in the last decade IMO and has some great wins on his record, but has his success been in spite of the lack of any other Puerto Rican star and somewhat manufactured?
Miguel is up there with the Mosleys and De la Hoya's of the world. Not quite the best of his era like Manny and Floyd but more like an A- fighter. Top 5 of his era for his weght classes. Many great fighters have lost fights, legitemetely, he only loss to the best.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
STREET CLEANER
The Watcher

Rep Power: 13 STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,238,883.74
Total Points: 31,033,279,825.34
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest 

He lost the big fights that mattered. Exciting fighter indeed and willing to fight anyone.

Beats B and B+ fighters but never been able to beat an A fighter. The close decision to Mosley is his best win.

He is similar to Terry Norris and Meldrik Taylor, look great and when they step to the top tier they lose. Those two guys looked great but never got over that hump to win the big one
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Prince Mongo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,075,957.04

Cotto was great fighter. Something was missing after the Margarito fight and I am certain he had his plaster wraps. That fight derailed his career and was a turning point.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 AM
oc9979
Bad Intentions

Rep Power: 21 oc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,670,407,103,354.23
Total Points: 1,900,631,953,537.15
sharing tv link - Sir TomJones 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Hickey View Post
yeah but Cotto lost that one.

You know, he was a decent B+ level fighter

The word "warrior" gets thrown around too much, "warriors" don't take knees, quit, and run away like he has done many times.

He was B+, he beat the guys he was supposed to beat and lost to the ones he was supposed to lose to, his resume is good but not great and he was a bully type fighter who was great when things were going his way but not so good under pressure.
So would you say that Chaves Sr, Duran, and Morales are not warrior? They all quit
Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 AM
MindBat
floyd gobbler

Rep Power: 53 MindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,965,180,181,479.61
Total Points: 6,965,180,195,806.65
great shit, man. - sweet pea 50 It's a Monster Khaos Slushy son!!!  Enjoy.. - abosworth You funny muthapucka you... - sweet pea 50 Thanks, To bad you didnt pop it for me (no homo) - Golden Boy 360 Good Debater - deanrw 
Happy 10000 post - led Top Poster - MARKBNLV Happy Holidays Bat! - Lorily respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas - -Kev- cheers - WESS couldnt green so - sugarsmosley 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dj emz AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Hickey View Post
yeah but Cotto lost that one.

You know, he was a decent B+ level fighter

The word "warrior" gets thrown around too much, "warriors" don't take knees, quit, and run away like he has done many times.

He was B+, he beat the guys he was supposed to beat and lost to the ones he was supposed to lose to, his resume is good but not great and he was a bully type fighter who was great when things were going his way but not so good under pressure.
I agree with this. Coming up, Cotto was being prepped to be the next great Puerto Rican superstar and performed quite well, but was mainly a tough brawler more than we was a boxer.

Once he stepped up in comp, things got a bit tougher and the knockout power and potential slowly diminished.

He was in some historically exciting fights to say the least.

In my opinion, Trinidad brought more excitement due to his punching power and comebacks from knockdowns to close many shows.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:27 AM
shade darkar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,506,517,099,394.96
Total Points: 1,507,517,114,294.95
Big ups G - The_Demon shade darkar deserves a kick - Freedom. 

very good fighter. good skills, decent power, average chin, poor stamina and a bit lazy if you ask me. he should still be fighting at 147, but i guess he likes his mams cooking too much. not a HOF fighter imo.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM
JuanRakan
Up and Comer

Total Points: 3,670.89

Hey bro, hes better than the #1/#2/#5/#6 and #8 on your faviorte fighters list. How can you say hes not a HOF.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM
shade darkar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,506,517,099,394.96
Total Points: 1,507,517,114,294.95
Big ups G - The_Demon shade darkar deserves a kick - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRakan View Post
Hey bro, hes better than the #1/#2/#5/#6 and #8 on your faviorte fighters list. How can you say hes not a HOF.
hahahaha. i hope your not talking to me!

there is no way cotto is better than marquez. get real.

you could say he is better than hatton but they are about level for me.

clearly isnt better than margarito since margarito knocked him out when they were both prime.

i dont think he is any better than mosley either, about level.

yeah he is better than burns.

HOF fighters are guys like mayweather, pacquiao, barerra and morales etc. not guys like cotto and hatton.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Angry Cuban
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Angry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 139,789,051,817.85
Total Points: 289,789,522,193.30
No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 Cotto was and maybe is a great fighter who have something that most champs haven't..the willingness to fight everybody...(this post deserves a cold beer) - jose830 Nuestro Momento llego!!! Rigo!!! - Cubanborn87 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 

Cotto was and maybe is a great fighter who have something that most champs haven't..the willingness to fight everybody...
Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM
PR13
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 PR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond reputePR13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,021,995.83
Total Points: 31,070,831.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Cuban View Post
Cotto was and maybe is a great fighter who have something that most champs haven't..the willingness to fight everybody...
Totally Agree... See Trout, high risk.. low reward... now we got a bunch fighters who wait for the perfect time to fight a threat... Cotto is a dying breed.