Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Prince Mongo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,076,510.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko King 212 View Post
I dont care what hunter says. Kahn aint going to do sh1t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHat View Post
Oh like win two world title champion ships? Make over 50 million dollars? Have close to half a million twitter followers? Fight repeatedly on HBO, and become a household name in the UK? And all before 25.

You're an idiot. And you got over 2000 posts, if someone isn't doing sh1t with their life, that would be you loser.
I am pretty sure Ko King is talking about Khan's prospects about competing with the best not his money making potential and fan base. Angel Garcia may have called it right that Khan's run at the top is over. I can see him doing well against the lower level opponents in a build up to getting a championship fight but at top level against the likes of Bradley,Garcia and few other guys I just see him coming up short.
He will make money but as Angel Garcia said he may well be a manufactured champion and not a real one. Khan is a good fighter but not an elite one and don't see him becoming one.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute110110110 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,060,203.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRakan View Post
Everybody knows that Khans chin is an issue. Even Virgil Hunter knows it but obviously wont say it. Virgil is basically saying that he is teaching Amir to not be so conifident and depend on his outside game and boxing ability more than his heart and will. he is teaching him defense so he wont get hit as oppose to trying to solve the unsolvable: his chin. I like Amir Khan but it just sucks that he doesnt have punch resistance. he has all the heart in the world! It I was his manager I would have no problem putting him in there with the likes of Tim Bradley, Paulie Malignaggi and even Devon Alexander, Kell brook and possibly Robert Guerrero. I think he can handle that level of punching power as oppose to a Lucas Matthysse or one of those really heavy handed guys. He has a few milion dollar pay days if he plays his cards right. He's only in his mid 20's to, so hes fairly fresh.
You dont get it, what virgil says (and the truth) is that it issent Kahns chin that is the problem because those two knocdowns he got up from and both of them would have put most fighters into a coma.
Danny`s whole plan was to get under kahns skin and make him open up and forget about defense, and then simply wait until there is a opening and then BAM shoot that left hook that drops all his apponents.
Garcia tried to land that punch the whole damm fight, and kahn and freddy was cluless about what was to happen, witch is ameturish.
Get it its kahns lack of ajustment and knowledge that puts him into situation where he gets floored.
In the Maidana fight he was more caution, because he had preperd for maidana.
And despite the fact that maidana look never looked more ferosious and hungry for the KO, kahn suvived and won the fight.

You would be suprised have easy it is to knockout someone even pro fighters if the are exposed and you hit them right.

Kahn needs mental training,not a new jaw, he knows it and his team knows it and that is why the chose Virgil

Last edited by 110110110; 12-04-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Ko King 212
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Ko King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond reputeKo King 212 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,409,016,796,084.95
Total Points: 3,409,035,881,576.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHat View Post
Oh like win two world title champion ships? Make over 50 million dollars? Have close to half a million twitter followers? Fight repeatedly on HBO, and become a household name in the UK? And all before 25.

You're an idiot. And you got over 2000 posts, if someone isn't doing sh1t with their life, that would be you loser.
Lol a you worried about is money. i doubt dude made 50 million dollars.

what I'm talking about is him fighting. dude isnt going to do nothing but get his azz kicked by any fighter that is halfway decent.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Prince Mongo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,076,510.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 110110110 View Post
, Kahn needs mental training,not a new jaw, he knows it and his team knows it and that is why the chose Virgil
Khan has no ability to think on his feet in the ring, he is not too bright out of it either. His ring IQ is at special needs dunce level. I am not sure Hunter can put in what God left out.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 PM
komodo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 komodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 442,706,762,772,895.25
Total Points: 446,634,152,583,036.50
here you go bro - chiguy91 have a beer bro - Talisayen egt - D.I.E.S.E.L egt - D.I.E.S.E.L egt - D.I.E.S.E.L 
drink up.. - AL YANKAB*TCH No Message - eddie_monster cheers bro! - chiguy91 gift - MANGLER have a TV bro - chiguy91 
Some popcorn for ya - arraamis Have a pretzel - eddie_monster Here you go - ??? bottle of drank - MANGLER have an apple this time. - chiguy91 
Chocolate Milk :D - Very Rich Man thanx - Starof David Cheers bro - dan_cov No Message - Starof David A gift, a book, knowledge is important for this World :) - Jadon 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - AL YANKAB*TCH AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Very Rich Man 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Starof David Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Starof David Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Starof David Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jose830 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Jadon Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Jury Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Jury Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER 

I don't think Khan could have come up with a better trainer tbh. It was certainly the right call to leave Roach. You only fight the way you spar and when Freddie is offering 1000 dollar bonuses to fighters to get a KD, every sparring session turns into a war and ultimately on fight night the fighter comes to the ring with that mentality which ultimately cost Khan big time.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 PM
P4P Opinion
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 P4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeP4P Opinion has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 222,216,067,632.98
Total Points: 222,223,960,684.86
Good poster. Thanks. - Silencers 

Hunter is the right type of trainer for Khan, but it's going to take some time to get real results, if they ever come at all.

Forget his chin, forget even his lack of an inside game, consider his lack of boxing intelligence. Khan isn't a natural fighter mentally, despite his physical tools. When Plan A isn't working, Khan has a hard time making adjustments and adapting to the situation. On top of that, his macho-bravado ego destroys his discipline in the ring, making him forget his vunerabilities to try and impress the fans. I'm not yet convinced that Khan can be taught to understand the sport in the way he needs to be able if he wants to be a big star.

Amir Khan working intelligently behind strictly one-two combinations from distance, keeping his guard up and not lunging in, using good ring generalship and footwork to avoid the ropes, throwing fast combinations only when an opponent is particularly vunerable is an extremely difficult fighter to beat. Whether he can learn the ring intelligence and keep the discipline to execute is another matter.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Dr Rumack
Vaya con Dios

Rep Power: 19 Dr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,017,000,151,184.56
knowledgeable poster - thuggery for being a solid poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 Great poster - E.P.T. Good poster. Thumbs up, Doc! - CubanGuyNYC eat fresh - sugarsmosley 
To a great poster - jas Hilarious 🙉 - jas 

Virgil's going to try introduce a 'safety first' dimension to Khan's fighting. That's going to take a lot of work. Khan's instinct is to throw shots, he's an offensive fighter and overwhelming people with lightening combinations is what he does best. Is it possible to blend that with the style exemplified by a guy like Ward?

Ward's approach is one where if he isn't in control of a situation, he shuts it down. He makes sure no one gets off if he doesn't. Putting all the issues around being able to that effectively to one side, it's a dramatically different mentality to the one cultivated by Freddie Roach, and the one that has characterized Khan's entire career.

The challenge for Hunter in developing this new hybrid fighter, Khan Mk II, is not taking away from what made the guy a top fighter in trying to give him something else. Maybe small changes will make a big difference to Khan, but if they don't I don't think there's that much Hunter can do.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Basco
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Basco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these partsBasco is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 170,482.56

Khan will make a hell of a counterpuncher! Is that what Virgil trying to teach him?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
tredh
Undisputed Champion

Location: a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!
Rep Power: 20 tredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 29,738,996,135.77
Total Points: 29,739,007,022.06
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil TO THE U!! - the mesiah 

Man hunter is that dude. You have to respect that mans approach to the fight game. You can tell he has a very detailed eye when it comes to boxing. Doesn't seem like he will overload himself with fighters cause he is the hot name and can make money. I think as a trainer its better to have 2-3 high echelon fighters who make good to great money than it is to have 5 or more fighters not getting the attention they need and make decent money.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Unknown Champ
Finish Strong

Rep Power: 24 Unknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond reputeUnknown Champ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,566,652,547,686.01
Total Points: 70,487,875,664,407.42
Have a drink on me! - Tunney I'm well schooled - bearman3000 No Message - bearman3000 For covering my bet - danny711 Good bet - QUELOQUE 
Good bet - QUELOQUE lol - Left Hook Tua Haha your sig made me laugh so hard, agree about Russell Jr as well, good post! - dancovboxer cause you made it rain...thought you would need it ;-) - WesleySnipes True cotto fan - AP♠ 
Die hard Cotto fan - AP♠ Good Luck Charm :D - *Boss Lady* Blue parallelogram for you - ??? Don't forget our bet! WARRRRRRRRRR COTTO! - *Boss Lady* Feel like sending you a present :D :kiss: - Bossy 
Happy Easter darling, you still ignoring me? lol :kiss: - Bossy For always supporting Brother Jay's efforts - Brother Jay For always supporting Brother Jay's efforts - Brother Jay Cool Cat - A-Wolf Good post. - FeFist 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Phenom Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Cotto got tired because trout kept hitting the pit of Cottos stomach.