Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Enayze
Boss

Rep Power: 30 Enayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,760,098,924,409.45
Total Points: 9,760,159,293,749.33
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney Happy 2k! - J. HITTER Keep educating and preaching the truth of God's word.  God bless you brother. - Rip Chudd :) - MANIAC310 You punked the shiit out of The Bringer lol - bearman3000 
Amazing Post! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579168&page=2 - jose830 fiat money for pwning the capitalist and keeping up with Schiff. - One_Capitalist 
Default Different Dimensions Described in the Book of Enoch

The book of Enoch which is not part of the cannon apart from the Ethiopian bible has some very interesting historical events prior to the flood, but in addition it also speaks of interesting sorts of existence. Enoch the protagonist of the book is taken into heaven and is shown different dimensions of existence, which they call different levels of heavens. Each heaven/dimension is described as having its own characteristics, different from our own but a lot more advanced. Hell, is also is in the book and is described as a dimension of suffering. In contrast the highest dimension is where God exists.

In any case, whether you believe in God or the bible is irrelevant, I think the book of Enoch is a fine read for any of the members of the board, despite their beliefs. Especially when science in the area of physics today is heavily studying this area of reality today.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Prawn McEnroe
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Prawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond reputePrawn McEnroe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 811,239,112,562.86
Cheers buddy. - dan_cov no problem :beerchug: - jose830 anytime - `STEELHEAD Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Nice. Not very knowledgeable about this one, but I chimed in because it sounds very similar to 'The Divine Comedy.' In contrast to the different levels of heaven, Dante struggles through the different levels of hell. Also a great read and one of my favorites. Was probably influenced by 'The Book of Enoch.' I find it interesting that in one story a man is ascending through the levels of heaven, while another descends through the circles of hell/purgatory.

There was a movie about it starring Robin Williams titled: What dreams may come. It's a drama but the visuals are very rewarding especially after reading the book.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Null
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Null has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,027,005,986.70
good ownage of floydiots. - I'm so sorry merry christmas - the collector 

Yeah, I started reading the Bible, recently. I am excited about it. I have heard about the book of Enoch and how it was banned or removed or something along those lines. I like this kind of stuff and just finished watching the Matrix which deals with all kinds of things along these lines, in my opinion. I don't doubt this whole brain in vat thing, as well. It's crazy, I hope things make sense once we die.

I bring up dimensions in the sense that we are a computer program and then this can be the case for whoever created us and so on. Therefore, you can have levels or dimensions such that all this is virtual reality and you escape this virtual reality to enter some other virtual reality until eventually you escape all virtual reality and enter God's dimension.

Last edited by Null; 11-26-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Enayze
Boss

Rep Power: 30 Enayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,760,098,924,409.45
Total Points: 9,760,159,293,749.33
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney Happy 2k! - J. HITTER Keep educating and preaching the truth of God's word.  God bless you brother. - Rip Chudd :) - MANIAC310 You punked the shiit out of The Bringer lol - bearman3000 
Amazing Post! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579168&page=2 - jose830 fiat money for pwning the capitalist and keeping up with Schiff. - One_Capitalist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
Yeah, I started reading the Bible, recently. I am excited about it. I have heard about the book of Enoch and how it was banned or removed or something along those lines. I like this kind of stuff and just finished watching the Matrix which deals with all kinds of things along these lines, in my opinion. I don't doubt this whole brain in vat thing, as well. It's crazy, I hope things make sense once we die.

If I may quote a Bible verse, Genesis 9:3, "every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

Keep in mind the bible is a collection of books, not just one uniform book written by one author. There are over 40 authors over thousands of years who contributed to the bible. It is a historical/spiritual/educational collection of books.

The Book of Enoch, however, is not part of the bible accept in Ethiopia. Although, it is a very interesting read, and I am more than sure that there is a lot of truth to it.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:59 AM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,071,151,207,885.50
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 

interesting... hints of other "dimensions" also exist in hinduism and buddhism... they call it "indra's net..."

pardon my effort of making an analogy of it through a photo, but it goes something like this...

Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM
mokmokv2
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,010,281.06

Heaven has different levels, so does Purgatory and Hell.

When the New Heaven and Earth are combined upon Jesus Christ' Second Coming, it will also have different levels with the bottom featuring the towns and villages which people live in complete contentment followed by the administrators (Priests, Pastors) and so forth.

Enoch was a prophet of God and this was confirmed in a message. The contents of Enoch's book are extremely controversial because if basically says that the Flood happened because human DNA has been mixed with that of angels thus the gene pool becoming distorted.

Personally it's a no comment for me regarding the contents of the book.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:04 AM
Jerub_Baal
Alpha and Omega

Rep Power: 9 Jerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond reputeJerub_Baal has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,952,857,364.78
Total Points: 5,052,733,533.21

the book of enoch was found with the dead sea scrolls. it is one of the most interesting books i've read. books from the old and new testament quote from this book. i would certainly agree that someone who is interested in history/religions look into this, otherwise they'd be idiots staring at the sun.

it's fascinating to know that this story, the book of genesis, and a plethora of stories in regions throughout the globe account for a flood.....it's also interesting to account for the stories in enoch to the stories of the greeks - but they chose to interpret angels as gods.....