Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 475,371,886.07
Total Points: 1,475,449,392.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE REED™ View Post
Also your fasting window is up to you, and it can be a 16 hour fast and 8 hour eating window or a 20 hour fast and 4 hour eating window.

I notice the smaller the eating window the more it works.

I do 3-8pm
I might have to try that next... sometimes I still struggle with the 8-hour window. I do 11-7pm. I did it for two weeks and saw great results, going from 148 to 139, still having a good amount of energy; but I veered off path a bit and hadn't done it since.

Restarted two days ago, already getting positive results. Maybe after two weeks I'll a take off an hour and continue until I hit a 5-hour window.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 PM
_original_
Dinamita

Rep Power: 23 _original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 39,213,078,732.72
Total Points: 263,549,446,843.68
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

I just started doing this about 5 days ago (18-6) and it really seems to be working out. My main concern was that I'd feel weak during training but it's all going the same, if not better. Really feel like my mind is more clear and sharp as well during the fasting period.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:53 AM
SthPaw
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 SthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,506.62

I been doing this a few months now, at first my eating window was 11am-7pm but now it is 12pm-6pm as I was told to shorten the time.

It's pretty good in my opinion and I have noticed good results. The thing that surprised me the most was not feeling weak, I really thought not eating for an extended period of time would bring that weak feeling on.

It can be hard at times (being hungry but having to wait, for example) but that very fact can help mentally install a little discipline in you, which when it comes to dieting is a must.

So all in all it is a good option in my opinion and would recommend it to people.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:14 PM
_original_
Dinamita

Rep Power: 23 _original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 39,213,078,732.72
Total Points: 263,549,446,843.68
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthPaw View Post
I been doing this a few months now, at first my eating window was 11am-7pm but now it is 12pm-6pm as I was told to shorten the time.

It's pretty good in my opinion and I have noticed good results. The thing that surprised me the most was not feeling weak, I really thought not eating for an extended period of time would bring that weak feeling on.

It can be hard at times (being hungry but having to wait, for example) but that very fact can help mentally install a little discipline in you, which when it comes to dieting is a must.

So all in all it is a good option in my opinion and would recommend it to people.
Right on man, what do you eat during your window? I'll be honest, I'm eating mostly healthy foods but huge portions (two turkey burgers and a sweet potato the other day for example), yet I'm still losing weight. I even sneak in a little ice cream because it seems to keep me fueled during the fasting period while my body tries to break everything down.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:52 AM
SthPaw
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 SthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,506.62

Quote:
Originally Posted by _original_ View Post
Right on man, what do you eat during your window? I'll be honest, I'm eating mostly healthy foods but huge portions (two turkey burgers and a sweet potato the other day for example), yet I'm still losing weight. I even sneak in a little ice cream because it seems to keep me fueled during the fasting period while my body tries to break everything down.
I dont necessarily stick to a strict diet but I try to eat healthy about 90% of the time, like you said, sneak in a little bit ice cream from time to time or something similar. I mainly break my fast with oats and fruit, for lunch at around 2:30/3:00pm I will have something light, maybe a little pasta to keep me going, for dinner anything like chicken, eggs, mixed vegetables etc...

Nothing too strict, but not too loose either. I find it's a lot easier to burn out and become sick of it if you eat perfect 100% of the time, got to treat yourself too!
About a month ago around christmas I stopped doing it as a way of relaxing over the holidays maybe about a week or so and didn't worry about what I ate. I gained a bit of weight as you can imagine, but got straight back into it around new years and after about a week it felt as though I'd never stopped! It's crazy, a good method if you ask me man
Old 01-29-2014, 12:07 PM
MayThird
Up and Comer

Total Points: 11,739,407,706.19

This all sounds quite interesting. I'm going to give this a go as I am currently at 180lbs or so...way above from what I should be.