No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Guerrero Make a Case For "Fighter of The Year"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Guerrero Make a Case For "Fighter of The Year"

In 2012, Robert Guerrero became the third fighter in boxing history to win a world title at featherweight and welterweight, joining the likes of legends Henry Armstrong and future Hall of Famer Manny Pacquiao. Guerrero also joins the rare breed of fighters, who have jumped up two weight classes to win world championships, which include Roberto Duran, Roy Jones Jr., and Sugar Shane Mosley.

[Click Here To Read More]

Its official floyds next opponent is the ghost

The are a hyping the ghost in order to fool people into thinking floyd have chosen a legit foe

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
      Its official floyds next opponent is the ghost

The are a hyping the ghost in order to fool people into thinking floyd have chosen a legit foe

pretty much.......

Comment

I was thinking Brian Viloria.

Comment

It is kind of wide open, but no Guerrero would not be my choice he would have needed another decent win to go along with his 2 decent wins to really have a strong claim.

Comment

I suppose he's in the discussion.

Comment

Ghost has earned my respect as a possible opponent for floyd but FOTY not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Ghost has earned my respect as a possible opponent for floyd but FOTY not so sure.
                Agreed.

It isn't just the victories or even the opponents, but the method of victory is critical too.

To start with, Aydin is not exactly a big name, despite their claims to the contrary. He's not beaten anybody of note, and he didn't exactly acquit himself well against Guerrero, hiding behind his guard the majority of the fight.

Berto was coming off a 14 month layoff. Then Guerrero basically wins this fight with illegal tactics, the help of the ref who had no interest in stamping out said tactics, and home town judges just to shore it up. Guerrero looked determined and strong, but little else, as he just put his head down and mauled Berto with it and worked hard without really doing much rounds 4-11. He ate too many uppercuts, and really it was only his conditioning that saw him through.

Comment

he's def in the running imo. here's who i think is capable of snagging the award:

robert guerrero [aydin and berto]
                  nonito donaire [vazquez jr., mathebula, nishioka, and arce(12/15)]
                  danny garcia [khan and morales(2x)]
                  abner mares [morel and moreno]
                  carl froch [bute and mack]
                  brian viloria [romero and marquez]

donaire is the only one left with a fight in 2012. he has the chance to score a KO of the year with arce, and seal the deal for FOTY. i think donaire will get it.

Comment

Good win at the weekend, but the ridiculous number of self-serving press releases this guy and his team put out are really annoying.

Comparing Guerrero to Armstrong in the opening sentence of an article is a pretty terrible way to begin. They also compare him to Duran. RG jumped 2 divisions to face Aydin, Duran jumped 2 divisions to face Ray Leonard.

Past history has shown that beating Berto doesn't mean you're an elite-level fighter. Berto is nowhere near as good as HBO wanted/wants him to be, surely that's obvious by now? I really hope he doesn't get the shot at Floyd because that isn't a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X