Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-09-2005, 04:24 PM
dino
Banned

Rep Power: 0 dino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these partsdino is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 546,208.82
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Default creatin..good or bad?

anybody here take creatin?...ive heard it was bad on the liver and kidneys...then ive heard its not bad for u;creatin is in every meat...what are u guys opinion and what have u heard
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Johnny_Rocket
Contender

Rep Power: 11 Johnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,858.77
Total Points: 14,678.77

Creatine is not bad for you. Although there have been no studies on how damaging it is later on in life due to it not have been around long enough it doesnt seem to be that bad for you through studies that have been done. Your body creates creatine naturally and you eat it in meats. Just make sure you drink lots of water or it wont work.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:22 PM
the undertaker
OFW-bagong Bayani

Rep Power: 203 the undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond reputethe undertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 61,052.20
Total Points: 258,064.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rocket
Creatine is not bad for you. Although there have been no studies on how damaging it is later on in life due to it not have been around long enough it doesnt seem to be that bad for you through studies that have been done. Your body creates creatine naturally and you eat it in meats. Just make sure you drink lots of water or it wont work.
creatine is a naturally occuring element in the body..you can buy it in a sports store with the name creatine monohydrate.if you are a body builder, it helps you minimize of muscle soreness after a heavy exercise..be sure to take the recommended dosage before and after the exercise..creatine also helps volumize the muscle fibers, that's why it's a safe drug used by body builders..but if you really plan to make your body naturally big, don't take growth hormones as advertised here..take a 125 mcg dosage of chromium, coupled with a diet of lot of meat..
Old 01-09-2005, 07:00 PM
ShotgunSeanK
Contender

Rep Power: 0 ShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 14,968.00

what does the chromium do?
Old 01-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Mr. Untouchable
I'm Mildly Retarded

Rep Power: 16 Mr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Untouchable has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,347.00
Default creatin..good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino
anybody here take creatin?...ive heard it was bad on the liver and kidneys...then ive heard its not bad for u;creatin is in every meat...what are u guys opinion and what have u heard
I have taken creatine and it helps a lot in whatever you are trying to do physically, but it makes your heart beat fast and you gain a lot of weight once you stop using it...
Old 01-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Johnny_Rocket
Contender

Rep Power: 11 Johnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny_Rocket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Untouchable
I have taken creatine and it helps a lot in whatever you are trying to do physically, but it makes your heart beat fast and you gain a lot of weight once you stop using it...
It shouldnt make your heart beat any faster or at least noticeably faster. You should actually lose weight once you go off due to water loss.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:53 PM
slivic
Amateur

Total Points: 14,412.00

The only bad side to creatine for me was bad acne breakouts. Got really bad around the neck and shoulders, went mostly away after I stopped taking it.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:14 PM
m00ks
The Human Keg

Rep Power: 595 m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,706,920.08
Total Points: 2,761,670.59

It's true that your body creates creatine naturally. It can be found in your piss. Before taking it I suggest you do your homework. If you wanna beef up its a good start. Mind you it only creates water retention which "bloats" your muscles up with water making them appear larger and you WILL look bigger but they ain't real muscles. It DID however help me press more and lift heavier, cuz I felt stronger (whether it's all phsycological I dunno but it helped). That in turen gave me "real" muscles.
There are ususally two phases, loading phase and maintenance phase. Loading phase makes you take a lot of creatine to get the right response from your body. You usually do 2 months loading, 2 months maintenance, back and forth. Maintenance phase, you take much less. I didn't do the loading phase cuz I didnt wanna get my muscles too dependant on the **** cuz man oh man do you ever shrink after you stop taking it (if you do the laoding). It's a good supplement, but like anything else in life, moderation is key. And if you can do 2 months off 2 months off, its perfect cuz that way you're sure not to be dependant on the thing. But if you ask me glutamine is much better.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Johnny_Rocket
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks
It's true that your body creates creatine naturally. It can be found in your piss. Before taking it I suggest you do your homework. If you wanna beef up its a good start. Mind you it only creates water retention which "bloats" your muscles up with water making them appear larger and you WILL look bigger but they ain't real muscles. It DID however help me press more and lift heavier, cuz I felt stronger (whether it's all phsycological I dunno but it helped). That in turen gave me "real" muscles.
There are ususally two phases, loading phase and maintenance phase. Loading phase makes you take a lot of creatine to get the right response from your body. You usually do 2 months loading, 2 months maintenance, back and forth. Maintenance phase, you take much less. I didn't do the loading phase cuz I didnt wanna get my muscles too dependant on the **** cuz man oh man do you ever shrink after you stop taking it (if you do the laoding). It's a good supplement, but like anything else in life, moderation is key. And if you can do 2 months off 2 months off, its perfect cuz that way you're sure not to be dependant on the thing. But if you ask me glutamine is much better.
Its better to do 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off
Old 01-10-2005, 08:23 PM
m00ks
The Human Keg

Rep Power: 595 m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,706,920.08
Total Points: 2,761,670.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rocket
Its better to do 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off
on what phase?

bottom line is more don't neceserraily mean bigger. So 6 weeks vs 2 wont really help your muscles avoid dependance on the thing.