Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 AM
maverickuk2
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 maverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 124,074,274.36
Total Points: 124,134,862.20
Thumbs down Boxers that get excess hate!! rainboes aint right!!

Amir Khan - has fought everyone in his division that hasn't ducked him, trains extremely hard and fights even though he has a very weak chin. looses so he changes trainer to move his career forward. I respect him in the ring!! cry's and makes excuses when he looses

Lucian Bute - Until Carl Froch, was undefeated with a 30 - 0 record with 24 KO. Agreed to a two fight contract with Carl Froch putting his IBF belt on the line. Bute was gracious through out the whole build up but was also very gracious in defeat. Has since made his comeback fight. Padded record with home town wins and poor refereeing "Andrade"

Canelo Alvarez - Undefeated with wins such as Mosley, Lopez, Cintron and Gomez. Has an exciting fighting style and is a big draw and is still young. Looks for tougher challenges and calls them out in the media* *not been matched properly and hasn't had a real test to date.

What do you guys think? Excess hate or deserved hate?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM
SnakeVen0m
The Voice of Reason

Rep Power: 22 SnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,708,388,954,076.50
Total Points: 2,748,589,060,226.32
just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Philly!!! - Mr. Philadel Team Swift! - Mr. Philadel Just playing bro :fing02: - Rapid Counter Nice HOF Avi pic! - jas 
brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickuk2 View Post
Amir Khan - has fought everyone in his division that hasn't ducked him, trains extremely hard and fights even though he has a very weak chin. looses so he changes trainer to move his career forward. I respect him in the ring!! cry's and makes excuses when he looses

Like him as a fighter. Very exciting to watch. I think he should keep his mouth shut more that is all. Maybe people would be able to overlook his weaknesses. Like you stated though he blames others for his shortcomings

Lucian Bute - Until Carl Froch, was undefeated with a 30 - 0 record with 24 KO. Agreed to a two fight contract with Carl Froch putting his IBF belt on the line. Bute was gracious through out the whole build up but was also very gracious in defeat. Has since made his comeback fight. Padded record with home town wins and poor refereeing "Andrade"

Respect him. Has some good wins. I think Froch has his number. I could still see him winning some good fights but never going up to the elite level.

Canelo Alvarez - Undefeated with wins such as Mosley, Lopez, Cintron and Gomez. Has an exciting fighting style and is a big draw and is still young. Looks for tougher challenges and calls them out in the media* *not been matched properly and hasn't had a real test to date.

Another exciting fighter. Has been pushed along very slowly. I respect him for trying to step up in his last fight but it's been over a year since he's won the belt. Let's see him defend it against some better opposition.

What do you guys think? Excess hate or deserved hate?
Victor Ortiz is another guy people have excess hate for. Not sure why. He's an exciting fighter. I can admit though, he does let his feelings get the best of him. I think mentally he's not all there. If he was he would be way more dangerous.

Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 11-27-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:55 AM
maverickuk2
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 maverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond reputemaverickuk2 has a reputation beyond repute

i was going to add Victor Ortiz but i can see why people dislike him tbh, with all that talent but just doesn't have it mentally.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:56 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,697,392.98
Total Points: 10,056,168,740.63
merry christmas - the collector 

TO be fair Khan brings a lot of hate on himself.

He does always want to fight the best so fair play but he's far too arrogant and believes himself to be something he's not. Believes that he's one the best P4P fighters in the world and that he can beat Floyd or Pacquaio considering the flaws he has as a boxer is unreal. Also he does always make excuses as to why he's lost.

I don't mind Bute too much. I never thought he was that great in the 1st place and his record was padded and he didn't take part in the Super Six so we don't know what sort of level he was on before he fought Froch. I give him all the credit in the world though for fighting Froch. Coming over to Nottingham to defend his title when he didn't have too.

Canelo I don't mind. I haven't see a great deal of him to be honest but he's a young kid who looks an exciting fighter. I'm interested to see how his career pans out. Would like him to step up his level of competition though.

I just can't stand Victor. It's not even his quitter thing. It was the way he acted after getting KO'd by Floyd. It was the smiling and acting all happy in the post-fight presser trying to play the nice guy image, then a month or so later said yeah he did try and break Floyd's nose with the headbutt. He's exciting to watch though. No doubt about that.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Mr. Philadel
#215Boxing

Location: Everywhere you NEVER BEEN....I'm better than I've EVER BEEN!
Rep Power: 65 Mr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 493,701,186,877.68
Total Points: 535,601,877,187.09
For being a good sport. - F-R-K-O Vodka &amp;amp; Red Bull for ya! - BattlingNelson for the green homey - NewYork For a super poster! - jazluvr hopkins finna whoop pascal AGAIN - Tha Executioner 
No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - arraamis respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Awesome post on Miguel Cotto...cheers! - jose830 
Great post bro! keep up the good work. - codey just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Real recognize real. - SnakeVen0m Happy New Year - Freedom. philly swagg, walking BK outta the house - thuggery 
Team Swift all day! - KeepItObjective A+ poster,one of the very best. - Scott.Weiland. war bhop! - jas Congrats on the baby girl :fing02: - -jose- Good look - Shambrolic 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Miguel Cotto
Danny Garcia
Adrien Broner

those guys get hated on for abnormal reasons imo
Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 AM
MikeRo1972
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 MikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeRo1972 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,921,472,588.62
Total Points: 43,921,478,074.73

Damn near every boxer has a reason to be "hated" by a segment of the population. If he isn't being "hated on" then he isn't relevant in the sport. You name the fighter and I'll give you a valid reason he may be disliked. It is what it is. The GOAT Muhammad Ali might've been the most hated fighter of all time as well. It's not until they're dead, gone, or past their prime that we look back and think: "damn I wish there was someone like him now".

Cotto: Quitter
Margo: DoucheBag cheater
Floyd: Inactivity
Manny: Company Schill
Sergio: Wont test himself at SMW
JCC Jr: spoiled lazy brat
Khan: all mouth no chin
Mares: low blow artist
K Bros: Boring
Canelo: Fights blown up Jr Welters
Broner: Conceited
Berto: roid head

Etc, Etc, etc

It's like a stereotype; its based on a sliver of truth but generally speaking its untrue.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:42 AM
maverickuk2
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
Miguel Cotto
Danny Garcia
Adrien Broner

cant stand it when people hate on cotto, he is a future hall of famer and has fought everyone and ducks no one.
i can see why people hate broner out the ring but he is just pure class inside the ring.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:26 PM
mannyman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 mannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,873.01
Total Points: 10,000,234,840.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
Miguel Cotto
Danny Garcia
Adrien Broner

Cotto deserves no hate really. Always fights the best and he's humble.

I don't have a problem with Danny Garcia but have a big problem with his dad so he receives hate via his dad.

Adrien Broner is as mouthy as they come, that why he gets hate. Pisses me off when he says 'Mr HBO'. When he starts to consistently do over 1mil ppv's per fight then he can say 'Mr HBO'. I'll let him off though as I think he's got the talent to back it up!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 PM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 64 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,533,185,150,678,332,928.00
Total Points: 2,553,506,281,207,386,624.00
Thanks man - Jloro dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed 
thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- 
Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. Enjoy - kennylimon solid - SlySlickSmooth ATG poster - Croyd a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley 
Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth No Message - Scott Weiland Ran out of greenies - Beercules Hope you like cold beer bro! :-) - Tyler_Durden 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Cotto gets too much hate, Danny Garcia (who cares what his dad says? Hes hilarious), Robert Guerrero - Just don't seem to get the respect he deserves despite being a fcuking warrior.

I really wish 1/10th of fighters had half the balls The Ghost does. In a sense he is like Carl Froch in he fights anyone, entertaining & usually a fair underdog and just keeps proving doubters wrong.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
maverickuk2
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
Cotto gets too much hate, Danny Garcia (who cares what his dad says? Hes hilarious), Robert Guerrero - Just don't seem to get the respect he deserves despite being a fcuking warrior.

I really wish 1/10th of fighters had half the balls The Ghost does. In a sense he is like Carl Froch in he fights anyone, entertaining & usually a fair underdog and just keeps proving doubters wrong.
I dont think guerrero gets any where near the props he deserves jumps a division and fights the best in it. makes berto look bad and people hate on berto instead of congratulating guerrero.