Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Beater_of_ass
male ass that is

Rep Power: 13 Beater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,107,332.47
great poster - jas atg poster - jas 

Cotto is boring as a mother f*cker with terrible English on camera. There are some videos out there where he's cool and other times when he's awful. The whole point is no one watching Cotto do an interview is ever going to be "Oh man that guy is really compelling (positive or negative) I should buy his fight to see him win (or lose.) What you do get from Cotto is that he loves his family, and he puts on great fights nearly every fight.

I understand where you guys are coming from to "promote the fight." But FFS he this article just created some hype for the fight, whether it was intended or not. And to be perfectly honest, it's okay to be the B side I prefer it that means you get A quality fighters that you don't have to pay $60 to see. This also is a business going on Kimmel or something during his training in Big Bear would have been great, but whatever.

Before I knew who Cotto was I didn't become a fan because of an interview I saw him fight and really liked his style. Heavy jab and good body work and he is a vulnerable fighter with some glaring weaknesses such as 8 round stamina and prone to uppercuts, but he finds a way to overcome these most of the times and he has heart contrary to what the p*ssies who would sh*t themselves even stepping into the ring say. His attitude outside the ring also sets him apart from Floyd/Broner antics and Manny's constant good PR campaign on 24/7.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-27-2012, 03:31 AM
BIGMARS
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these partsBIGMARS is infamous around these parts
Bank: 3,358.74
Total Points: 1,000,004,031.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
Cotto is boring as a mother f*cker with terrible English on camera. There are some videos out there where he's cool and other times when he's awful. The whole point is no one watching Cotto do an interview is ever going to be "Oh man that guy is really compelling (positive or negative) I should buy his fight to see him win (or lose.) What you do get from Cotto is that he loves his family, and he puts on great fights nearly every fight.

I understand where you guys are coming from to "promote the fight." But FFS he this article just created some hype for the fight, whether it was intended or not. And to be perfectly honest, it's okay to be the B side I prefer it that means you get A quality fighters that you don't have to pay $60 to see. This also is a business going on Kimmel or something during his training in Big Bear would have been great, but whatever.

Before I knew who Cotto was I didn't become a fan because of an interview I saw him fight and really liked his style. Heavy jab and good body work and he is a vulnerable fighter with some glaring weaknesses such as 8 round stamina and prone to uppercuts, but he finds a way to overcome these most of the times and he has heart contrary to what the p*ssies who would sh*t themselves even stepping into the ring say. His attitude outside the ring also sets him apart from Floyd/Broner antics and Manny's constant good PR campaign on 24/7.
Everyone is not you. No one cares about hardcore fans they will buy the fight always guaranteed. Cotto needs the general fringe fans and most of them don't know who he is.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 AM
ronnie_N.
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 ronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond reputeronnie_N. has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,234.12

cotto is just too "reserved"... its not his style to provide antics during his promotions... its just real as it gets... and i respect him for that... that Kevin Iole is just a tabloid back page wannabe, and Yahoo prefers those types of writers...
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 AM
-Jay-
Scouse Mouse

Rep Power: 1215 -Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute-Jay- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,025,110,167,004.70
Total Points: 9,026,513,844,635.97
Testing. - -Jay- Cheers for the green - rorymac For still being here - Terrel Boxingscene legend.. - !! AI-Holmes!! enjoy! - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
Cotto is boring as a mother f*cker with terrible English on camera.
I think its unfair to say "terrible English" when its his second language.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Mr. Ryan

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 137,799,014,908.95
Total Points: 138,819,216,766.98
20,000 posts!  Well done. - abosworth good shit, folks. You folks with Ouma, then you my folks. Congrats Asain. Keep on doing what you do, bud. - sweet pea 50 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez Give me 10k, PLEASE! - ЯiZO Congrats on your nomination bro.  Great job. - MELLY-MEL... 
Only for you.. - MassageQueen just for being you ;) - Massage Queen One Of Boxingscene finest... Hmm i almost forgot hook me some of your good K mate... Hehehe Thanks advance FROM: - FasTHarD Just because you're the shit!! - Massage Queen Once again, thanks for what you did for me. And keep up the good work. - The_Bringer 
Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen this one is for your website. btw, i signed your guestbook. good job pre :fing02: - Talisayen For all your great work! - jazluvr For your accomplishments! - jazluvr beer after job well done - led 
congrats!!! - TBear seen your article in Ring! - TBear Merry Christmas Ryan - TBear good to see you back - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Ryan Send a message via MSN to Mr. Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post
Yes, because there is so little exposure for Cotto vs Trout, and Cotto in general. I mean so many people don't know who he is. I mean damn... Who is Miguel Cotto? Dude is doing ****ty promotion of himself, I mean making millions of dollars, and being a household name... ****ing terrible job.
Who did that, himself or Top Rank?

It takes a lot more to be a star - and maintain star status - than show up and fight. This will be a big test of his "star status", can he maintain his appeal (which was always fragile compared to Tito Trinidad) among Puerto Rican fans without the big machine behind him? We'll find out.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Mr. Ryan

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
20,000 posts!  Well done. - abosworth good shit, folks. You folks with Ouma, then you my folks. Congrats Asain. Keep on doing what you do, bud. - sweet pea 50 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez Give me 10k, PLEASE! - ЯiZO Congrats on your nomination bro.  Great job. - MELLY-MEL... 
Only for you.. - MassageQueen just for being you ;) - Massage Queen One Of Boxingscene finest... Hmm i almost forgot hook me some of your good K mate... Hehehe Thanks advance FROM: - FasTHarD Just because you're the shit!! - Massage Queen Once again, thanks for what you did for me. And keep up the good work. - The_Bringer 
Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen this one is for your website. btw, i signed your guestbook. good job pre :fing02: - Talisayen For all your great work! - jazluvr For your accomplishments! - jazluvr beer after job well done - led 
congrats!!! - TBear seen your article in Ring! - TBear Merry Christmas Ryan - TBear good to see you back - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Ryan Send a message via MSN to Mr. Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Ryan

Iole's column was ahead of its time, really. Just today, I was heading to the Cotto media workout. I arrived at the venue in Manhattan's financial district and was told that they had changed the venue just two hours earlier, and that it was now at Gleason's Gym in Brooklyn.

It's snowing outside today, and the trains that go to Brooklyn are all messed up from the Hurricane still.

That isn't how you promote a boxing event.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 PM
!! Shawn
!! Shown

Rep Power: 45 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 464,957,567,278.80
Total Points: 528,361,359,603.67
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
Iole's column was ahead of its time, really. Just today, I was heading to the Cotto media workout. I arrived at the venue in Manhattan's financial district and was told that they had changed the venue just two hours earlier, and that it was now at Gleason's Gym in Brooklyn.

It's snowing outside today, and the trains that go to Brooklyn are all messed up from the Hurricane still.

Well there super star, why don't you go promote some fighters, lets see you get all that nice advertising about popping their probes all over their opponents faces.

Instead of criticizing a fight that... will be making quite a bit of money for Cotto.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Mr. Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post
Well there super star, why don't you go promote some fighters, lets see you get all that nice advertising about popping their probes all over their opponents faces.

Instead of criticizing a fight that... will be making quite a bit of money for Cotto.
No idea what you're talking about, and your terrible writing skills leads me to believe you're stunted. I'll just walk away and be the bigger man, as I am the bigger man.

I'll be at ringside for the Cotto fight, got tix?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 AM
RSBonos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 RSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond reputeRSBonos has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 75,748.69

I bet it does the biggest rating of the year for Showtime boxing, and even if he doesn't sell out MSG he will pack in 10k+ fans to fight a relatively unknown fighter.

I do agree that the undercard is a joke, Showtime and GBP deserve some blame too.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:03 AM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,762,853,489,524.80
Total Points: 1,862,874,775,342.16
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryan View Post

Yea that's pretty unacceptable. Just amateur really.

I think it'll only effect Cotto with fights like this. When he's fighting more popular guys and GBP has a bigger hand in the promotion he'll be fine.