No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Reflect on His KO Loss To Senchenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Reflect on His KO Loss To Senchenko

Referee Victor Loughlin had reached the count of five before the 20,000 fanatics crammed into the Manchester Arena realised that their worst nightmares were being played out in front of their eyes. As Ricky Hatton winched in pain they began to will him up. He tried to make it. He wanted to get up. He just couldn’t do it. The ultimate irony is that the punch which finally ended his career was the punch which helped launch it. A hard left hook to the body.

[Click Here To Read More]

"I think I was four rounds up." Still deluded, I see. I remember he once remarked that he had been winning the 2nd round of his fight with Pacquiao "by a country mile" until he got caught with the KO punch.

I do a feel a bit bad for him losing in the way he did the other night, but that's boxing. Wish him well, hope he can stay on the right track in his life.

Comment

Fight Katsidis bro!

Comment

I thought he never should have came back in the 1st place BUT now that he did, there is a possibility that his tools could sharpen if he continued and had another training camp. After all, this was his first one out of the gate. He could possibly take off a bit more rust with proper living and another camp. Yet, I can understand his disappointment and wanting to chuck it all after a tough, shocking loss. I do think he would have continued had he ended up winning a decision. Whatever he ends up doing, he is one of the most well liked guys in the sport and I wish him well.

Comment

Hatton always stunk and was never any good

Elf hatton always was just a bit above average in boxing ability but fought hard and gave his best but it just wasn't world class but good enough for British boxing. Elf Hatton was an average boxer but a below average person which is more important. Ask his father?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Referee Victor Loughlin had reached the count of five before the 20,000 fanatics crammed into the Manchester Arena realised that their worst nightmares were being played out in front of their eyes. As Ricky Hatton winched in pain they began to will him up. He tried to make it. He wanted to get up. He just couldn’t do it. The ultimate irony is that the punch which finally ended his career was the punch which helped launch it. A hard left hook to the body.

[Click Here To Read More]
            Hatton has never been hard to hit but I think Hatton looked good for such a long lay off. Hatton fought a world class guy and got hit with a good body shot it happens. I think Hatton could still fight if he wanted to.

Comment

This guy is so hard on himself. How can you say whether or not you have anything after not doing it in 4 years. He looked great for not fighting in 4 years IMO. He should have had and 8 rounder against another has been punching bag like Katsidis. Then had senchecnko . Then Malignaggi. Hatton keeps making himself victim to his own folly. I'm an American and completely not invested emotionally. I'm just saying it like it is. He should get his head out of his ass and stop feeling sorry for himself. He should look at it as he won 6 rounds his first fight back against a world class fighter. He should fight a bum in January to get his cobfidence back. Then fight Malignaggi in March like is still what golden boy wants. I wish I could talk to this guy to get his mind right. He lets people's expectations and hang ups fog his self image too much.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                Hatton has never been hard to hit but I think Hatton looked good for such a long lay off. Hatton fought a world class guy and got hit with a good body shot it happens. I think Hatton could still fight if he wanted to.
                Really? I think he looked OK for a few rounds but then fell apart. He looked terrible from the 5th round onwards, his timing was terrible. Which is fair enough because he was out of the ring for 3.5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
                  This guy is so hard on himself. How can you say whether or not you have anything after not doing it in 4 years. He looked great for not fighting in 4 years IMO. He should have had and 8 rounder against another has been punching bag like Katsidis. Then had senchecnko . Then Malignaggi. Hatton keeps making himself victim to his own folly. I'm an American and completely not invested emotionally. I'm just saying it like it is. He should get his head out of his ass and stop feeling sorry for himself. He should look at it as he won 6 rounds his first fight back against a world class fighter. He should fight a bum in January to get his cobfidence back. Then fight Malignaggi in March like is still what golden boy wants. I wish I could talk to this guy to get his mind right. He lets people's expectations and hang ups fog his self image too much.
                  He is exceedingly hard on himself. He needs a consultation with Tony Robbins to change his core beliefs and to stop looking at the glass as empty when its actually full.

Comment

Sounds like he has accepted that its over and he is coming to terms with that fact. Hopefully he will keep his head up and keep positive.

Comment

Working...
                    X