Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,481,814,813,718.44
Total Points: 56,512,047,931,951.12
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Default Why did....

Why did the great Ray Arcel step between Duran and Leonard, at the refs instructions at the start of the fight, so they couldn't see each other? What do you fellas think was the reason? Is there a reason? Is it as simple as he's an old bloke and can't hear ****e?

Last edited by BennyST; 11-25-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,074,024.18
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 

He was protecting Leonard from Duran in Durans eyes! Also no touching gloves to start the bout. Duran did not like or respect Leonard back then and he truely hated him.

Ray & Freddy were the best of the best in preparing a fighter and then setting a game plan. In the modern days of boxing only Blackburn and Futch were near the top with them. Then came Dundee & Benton and a few others!
Ray.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,842,852.55
Total Points: 120,129,968,940.73
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

What about today? Who are the best trainers today in preparing a fighter and best at working the corner during a fight?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,074,024.18
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 

The young fellows today who have the techniques to teach and the mental control needed to run an efficient corner are Mikie Stratford and Virgil Hill. They have some great talents to bring them to the top but these young men started in the neighborhood gyms and developed their styles at a very young age.
I also like Freddie very much!! He is a motovator but won't get the best out of fighters that don't have the old school attitudes and character! A good example is Khan in comparison to Pacman!! If you need to be taught to move forward and punch in combinations Freddie will instruct you how to! He is very strong in the gym but his ailment is tuff on him during the breaks in a fight. I thought he had a good second to relay instructions but I don't see him with Freddie now.
I'm sure theirs others I would praise but I've been out of the sport for some time now and lost interest because of the lack of talent I've seen for alot of years. There are alot of techniques that have been lost with the passing of the older trainers and the new ones being to influenced by amatuer boxing styles. I do think the young trainers I mentioned above are studying the films of the great fighters and adapting some of the techniques and methods used that enabled them to reach greatness.
Theres new talent thats just arrived and these young fighters look like they can box and fight and thats when greatness can show up. Even the guys without power can pick their shots when to step in and let it go. If you have the great reactions your capable of taking more chances. The prospects will find their way to these two young trainers and I think they'll be in good hands too!
Theres always good trainers in the social clubs & gyms that we never hear of also. My good friend Johnny Davenport (R.I.P) was one of those men. Outstanding trainer whose boys always came to shows in shape and willing! Ray.

Last edited by Ray Corso; 11-25-2012 at 07:19 PM.